Yonex Astrox 100ZZ

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Dec 18, 2019.

1. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    not to mention plenty of doubles players on the tour use(d) duo10

2. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Vzf2 so far the best selling racket. I am sure many might have it in their kit bag!!! It would just be sleeping still. I have seen few players play with zf2 in doubles (Infact most people try it for doubles even the 4u version) use it for drops.. sigh!!! Many buy it thinking they can do a devastating smash end up realising they can’t handle it. The list goes on and on..

100zz or zx will definitely be a success no doubt. Cos we have more badminton loving people than badminton players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

Why so many people ranting about noobs getting racket spec beyond their level? No one needs to be a professional driver to buy a sports car. Buy it, try it, keep or sell it.

Moreover, a racket doesnt cost that much that you have to take a loan or starve yourself to save up for it.

Saru, decoy, michael5098 and 2 others like this.
  4. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

It was a tradition left by Paul Stewart I think. There was a squad which likes to crap on Yonex and people who can't 'manage' top end rackets. The bias part I suspect has mostly gone due to the moderators but yeah I don't know what is the deal with mocking people who use an expensive racket. You aren't gonna drop a whole grade from changing rackets so what's the problem?

decoy and DKCPH2018 like this.
  5. Froilan Rivera

Froilan Rivera Regular Member

IKR? IME, I played with AX69 and I did not have any problem so I decided to buy AX99 LCW and tried it. But after a while, my elbow hurts and decided to go back using AX69. Still, I'm happy that I have may AX99 LCW and maybe someday I can try again using it or maybe sell it so I can buy another racket that I want to try. This is also the reason that I'm interested with the 100ZX. Still hoping that there will be a cheaper version of ZZ and ZX like the AX39 for AX99/69. :)

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    While I can drive a sportscar safe due beeing careful (if I can drive a car and have a license) there is no way to use an extrastiff and headheavy racket as a noob (who can't hit) without getting injured. See it more as a warning than a rant. I personally think that many people would be better off with a tamer racket, had twice the fun in Badminton instead of buying a flagship top tier racket beyond their level. It's also a misconcept of thinking that the most dangerous and heavy battle axe makes you a lethal fighter.

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Paul got roasted here for his stuff a while ago.
    The Nanoray Glanz, the Duora 7 and Astrox66 are also expensive racket. I think nobody is against a noob who buys a racket which suits him. It's more the fact a lot people are biased to the extreme demanding stuff, but are nowhere close to use it. The percentage of hard hitters at BC must be based on choice around 80%. Nothing which I experienced on court. Same for high tension. They can do what they want, but I disagree vs. this trend of spreading that anybody can use anything.

8. BalajiSethuraman

What is stiff racket for one person is not stiff for another, what is a heavy racket for one is not a heavy racket for a muscleman. So unless anyone swing the racket personally he or she can’t decide how suitable it is for them.

Keeping all that is said above aside. If your technique is good racket dosent matter. Trust me a 14 year old can hit a devastating smash with a 10$ racket if the technique is perfect. And a 60 year old can make u run in the court with his placements.

What is control in a racket and what is flex, mid flex and others are a big debatable topic. There is no answer for this!!!

Rackets are not antiques!! Of course anyone can collect it based on the money that they have. One needs to know if an extra stiff racket will suit them or not. To check it a cheap extra stiff racket will give u the answer rather than LCW’s weapon.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you guys feel that way then nothing anyone else says will change your mind. Yes. It's yours or their money and how you choose to spend it is your problem. If our friendly unsolicited advice is so unwelcome and not taken in the form and context it is given then so be it. Just don't hope or expect any sympathy when due caution was already advised.

The barebones of it is simple. It appears to be an extra stiff racket with a head heavy head. Most people who play can't use it to its full potential simply because they don't have the training or aren't at that skill level. It will do them more harm them good. That's what everyone is trying to dissuade. No one wants to see anyone develop a new injury because they didn't know when to quit or know when to not even start.

But hey, according to you few we're trying to hate on a racket when all we've actually said is that it looks like **** (beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course), and going by experience and the trend of the manufacturer that the racket should not be taken lightly by a user of lower levels of experience and skill.

Whatever floats your boats guys.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

10. Aurora_

Aurora_ Regular Member

From where i come from, I see as much zf2 strung and waiting to be collected at shop, as any other racket. I use 3U zf2 as my go-to racket for double, and 4U as back-up. I took the road from a balance racket to VT80, ZF1 and finally ZF2. It is not something that anyone can just pick-up and get use to it. It need time to adapt, and strength training, technique correction over years.

I doubt ax100zz will feel anything like zf2. From the description, it seems like is going to have a higher BP due to denser material at the head, and lighter material for the shaft. But the chart says is about the same as zf2, probably it is saying it feels almost like zf2(?).

11. BalajiSethuraman

Precisely what we are trying to say and in turn getting poked at.

Infact it’s not just for zf2 but for all high end rackets from any brand which are costlier.

Dhandapani likes this.
  12. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

Yes some people did give advice, but from the way i see it, it is not "friendly unsolicited advice" tho :D
    The problem is how we deliver our message to other guy ;)

Saru likes this.
  13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Perhaps some didn't word it the best. But still, no attempt was made to clarify. Just crucify.

14. BalajiSethuraman

I don’t know how else I can better word it..

15. Froilan Rivera

Froilan Rivera Regular Member

I believe this is the case. For the noobs and new members of the forum like me, we feel like we were mocked rather than given an advice.

"When you say things, always put yourself in the shoe of the other. From there, you will be a more sensitive and caring person."

#175 Froilan Rivera, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  16. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    And we old members say this since ages, have sticky threads since ages about stiffness explained and still anybody thinks it is a good idea to buy a racket based on marketing, favorite pro, cosmetic and promotion. If you explained it 100 times and it is additional in the sticky threads, I have a problem to be friendly and repeat it a 101 time. I'm also not a native english speaking person and shorten things due language issues or don't use the perfect word to describe it. I recommend any new member to read each first page of a sticky in any subforum.

speCulatius and offbad like this.
  17. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Can't not give you a one hit kill especially since your profile pic is One Punch Man, lol

J/k.

18. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member

But this is a product discussion. Who is asking for advice?

michael5098 likes this.
  19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    And thus proves my point.

20. LiteBulb

LiteBulb Regular Member