BG66 Brilliant

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Junye, May 15, 2019.

1. KAHLUABEER

KAHLUABEER Regular Member

tried it on my new racket..i think i like it.
    its something between force and ultimax.

2. whhui

whhui Regular Member

This doesn't even come close to bg66, bg66 has a more soft feeling whereas this string is just dead. Straight out dead. Worst string I've ever tried.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

silentheart and MoonJogger like this.
  3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Simply true.

4. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

I tried it also and it lasted about 10 games before it died.

I noticed a waxy/shiny surface on the string - does this cause a harder job for the stringer? This might be the reason it died so fast - bad string job.

Any stringer can comment here?

If it lasts longer actually I personally like its repulsion and feel.. almost as good as ultimax with cheaper price. But with this kind of crappy durability, maybe i'll stick to aerosonic :)

5. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Seems like we're starting to get this string locally now. Is anyone willing to try it at 30+lbs tensions and review the string? :p

6. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Alright, so the following is my view on 66BR. I tried it on my AX99 at 32lbs (square tension, yy 4 knots).

First thing I would say is that it sounded incredible, actually had amazing ping and this metallic sound. I don't know how this is so different to everyone else who posted about the "dead" feeling, but it was nothing like dead. The string has some kind of coating, almost like a Ti, but it's not as hard as Ti. It's harder than 66UM though, but I can't comment on how it'll feel after a week or two (as we all know, 66UM starts off spectacular but then just has a very soft, mushy feeling thereafter). I'll have to update on this later. It's very, very crispy and alive though at the beginning. I'm not sure if my complete opposite experience to everyone else here is down to the tension differences, as even BG65 and 65Ti at 30+ tensions will feel completely different to 25lbs. Maybe it's just not a string for lower tensions, but for those of you who love the feel of high tensions, gotta give it a try!

To compare this string to my current go-to, which is AB, I almost prefer it more. AB is very repulsive, but 66BR has that little bit more hold which gives a better sense of control, and the feedback is better too compared to AB as AB feels softer overall. It's weird that this keeps happening (first with AB, then ABBT, and now 66BR), but this string is surprisingly good.

7. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student

Any update with the string? I also happen to like this string. It feels pretty crisp to me and the hardness just feels quite right, although i tried it on Arcsaber 11 rather than my AN7000B which is more flexible.

Not quite sure right now if i should try No.1 Boost or 66 Brilliant. The normal No.1 can feel too hard at times, especially for smashes

8. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Not yet. My previous post was only three days ago so need to wait a bit longer. The string sounds good still when pinging it, doesn't feel like there's any major tension loss or softness. We'll have to see in a week or two to check out its longer term behaviour.

9. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    Just realized that you strung this thing at 32+lbs, way beyond my usual tension (25-27)

Might just go to a regular BG66 instead as it's been the string i've used the longest so far and i still like it even when it's already a bit duller. At least it doesn't die the way 66 Ultimax does :p

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Yep, definitely need to take tension into consideration because everyone else in this thread around that tension have mentioned that the string feels dead.

11. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

Agree. I use it again with my ax88d on 29x29 lbs. And it work very well. It feels good at high tension, and feel dull on lower tension.

12. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    Yonex should stop all these marketing gimmick and bring back my BG66 Sharp !!

swsh likes this.