Should I move from BG80P to Aerobite Boost or BG66 Ultimax?!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by theskywinner, Jan 16, 2020.

1. theskywinner

theskywinner New Member

Hello All,

I had been using Victor Jetspeed S08 earlier strung with Yonex BG80P at 22 lbs. I have loved BG80P so far for its durability at this tension. Unfortunately, this Victor racket got lost recently and I had to buy Yonex Nanoflare 380 Sharp.

Yonex website suggests to go with either Aerobite Boost or BG66 Ultimax with this NF380 racket, depending on whether one needs power or control respectively. However, I am not sure transition to which string will be smoother/easier from BG80P.

Request your suggestion based on your experience, whether I should go for BG80P again or move to either Aerobite Boost or BG66 Ultimax. Speed, power and control are important to me in that order.

Really appreciate your response. Thanks in advance. :)

2. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

If you were happy with bg80p on your old racket id atleast start with it in your new one. That way if you feel your play has changed for better or worse you will know its the racket change and not the strings.. then once your happy you can experiment with different strings, although i think bg80p last longer than the other two you mentioned

ucantseeme and theskywinner like this.
  3. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You should ignore Yonex's suggestions because I think they just close their eyes and pick some strings for every racquet. IMO any string can be used with any racquet and will work if you have the correct tension so it's really just up to your personal preference. Usually though if you want to minimize the number of things changing at once you should use the same string and tension for a new racquet so you know anything you feel will be 100% down to the racquet differences and not other variables.

ucantseeme and Super85 like this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Technically when i want to experiment with new racket, i will use the same setup from my previous racket both string & tension.
    When im experimenting with different string other hand, i will use the same racket.
    The reason is so that the parameter change for comparison is clear. If you change all parameter, you enter into a whole new world which is totally alien for you to be able to compare with.

Also dont mind any brand suggestion that this racket always had to be this string. My Victor TK770 use BG66UM, LN1, VBS66N. Victor racket with different brand string & it doing fine.
    In simple, string is a matter of
    1. suitable tension for you.
    2. Preferable feel (soft/hard)
    3. Preferable texture rough/silky for your style
    4. Preferable replusion & durability
    5. & lastly, cost. Would you willing to string often?

5. theskywinner

theskywinner New Member

Thanks everyone for your responses. In general, BG80P is considered lively or dead after few games, if strung at 22 lbs?

6. Scrench

Scrench Regular Member

You have confused me.

You just asked "In general, BG80P is considered lively or dead after few games, if strung at 22 lbs?"

But in your first post you said "I had been using Victor Jetspeed S08 earlier strung with Yonex BG80P at 22 lbs. I have loved BG80P so far for its durability at this tension."

I've been using 80P for about 2 months now (4 hours/week, 22 lbs.), and yes, the initial crispy feel stopped after a couple of hours, but it is still playable, which is why it is still on my racket.

To me, 66UM at 23 lbs. dies way too quick losing everything good about it within hours. I've never tried ABB, but I have tried Aerosonic at 25 lbs. and didn't like it.

I agree completely with everyone's advice given above.

theskywinner likes this.