Lee Zii Jia

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by undeadshot, Oct 7, 2018.

1. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

in the overall big badminton scheme of things.. the SEA games individual gold don't really mean much as there were no intanon or ginting or gideon/kevin .. but as a morale booster.. well ok. .fine.. but BAM's Norza seems a bit too happy.

on a non party-pooper side of things.. i am glad Kisona finally gets some attention. She deserves it

2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

So a good start for LZJ in the new year. The win over SYQ and AA is an incredible morale booster. The feeling that you can be among the best is priceless. Let's go LZJ!!

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I believe after the Malaysian Masters, he has stolen wins from the top 8 except Momota Kento and the Indonesians (Ginting and Christie). Well done!

Hopefully he will find a way to crack Momota and his Indonesian counterparts soon - the last time he played against them he was outplayed in all aspects.

4. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Long way to go for LZJ, we can see a lot of progress of him.. keep working hard..

5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

for a first time ever, LZJ as debutant managed to enter to All England 2020 QF round, and he will going to face the former AE champion Chen Long from China...

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

first ever All England SF appearance for LZJ as debutant...!!

7. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

8. cueteachme

cueteachme Regular Member

That battle with Axelsen won me over. LZJ has shown me he really is world beater standard.

Fidget likes this.
  9. FeatherDance

FeatherDance Regular Member

Yeah, this was a great result. It might be a blessing in disguise that he didn't get to the finals on his first outing - a reminder that nothing will come easy. Want to avoid doing a Hafiz Hashim.

Cheung likes this.
  10. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    lzj is starting to look like the player all of malaysia has been waiting for...

Justin L likes this.
  11. FeatherDance

Indeed, but enough of everything resting on one player's shoulders too. Cheam and the other players should be backup as well. Look at Denmark, tiny nation of 6 million people. When JOJ was out, Axelsen could fill in easily. If Axelsen is out, no doubt Antonsen and Gemke would more than prove their worth.

12. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

LZJ is definitely a world beater now. He can match any of the world best. Given his tall lanky height he uses such minimal movement to reach the shuttle, it's definitely energy conserving. Normally a tall player will be weak in defence but he defending skill is astonishing. His plus point will be his attack, full smash so lethal. Such a joy to watch him play.

13. FeatherDance

Agreed, the gripe I had before was that because of his size, he used to lumber around the court. But in the last 12 months, he has certain become more deft and his defense was sensational. Continue improving this form and staying injury free (is it me or do tall players seem to get injured more easily?) is going to get him some big titles.

14. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

his movement is much more graceful too.. moving around the court more fluidly.. looking to be more and more like LCW

15. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Keep working hard LJZ, sky is the limit.. stay away from limelight and I believed something great will happened to you soon..

consistency is the key to move higher in world ranking.. LJZ Boleh!

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei successor, the wait is over ;)
    I notice this young man has strong character to relied on, one of most important factors to be a world beater, he's ready to be the leader and under the spotlight.

He breaks top 10, highest BWF world ranking so far in his career and automatically all of his opponents will pay more attention to scrutinize all his technical aspects, style of play, game plan, etc.

17. lasalleguy

lasalleguy Regular Member

wannabe player
    keep fighting !!!

18. FeatherDance

LCW has some good points here though:

"Zii Jia has shown the world what he’s capable of and this makes him a target for all his rivals from now on. His game will now come under tremendous scrutiny, and he can expect every player he has defeated to gun for him."

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2020/03/17/lees-wow-factor

I've always felt that the legends were legends because they could stay on top despite being under great scrutiny.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

He's basically saying, it gets harder and harder, you sure you want to do this?

20. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

With the Olympic games postponed until 2021, I would consider LZJ to be a top contender for a medal at Tokyo 2020 (21).

Given the improvements he managed to make in a year alone, if he keep improving during another year, he could become the dark horse for the next Olympics.