PERODUA MALAYSIA Masters 2020 : Qualification-Final (07-12 January)

Discussion in '2020 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jan 6, 2020.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Surprised to see how Kento is wining so easily..so far, unless Zia fights back after the interval in the second game.

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Is this your first time watching fajar/rian ? :D

I've been impressed by their "no lob" play since AG 2018, they're actually as good as ahsan/hendra when it comes to maintaining the rally and find the gap on the opponent court. the only difference ofcourse ahsan/hendra are more consistent in their play, not making that many mistake and much more stronger mentally.

3. Svyat

Svyat Regular Member

Software Developer
    Looked like KM was having fun.

4. JayK

JayK New Member

I've mainly been watching games of Korean players and Gideon/Sukamuljo, sometimes Ahsan/Setiawan, so I came in with no expectations haha
    But yes, it does seem that Alfian/Ardianto are lacking in mental fortitude. I feel they have a lot of potential to become top 3 in the rankings if they improve on that aspect.

5. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I think LZJ is one or two years too early. He seems raw, kind of like Viktor in 2015 and 2016. LZJ was making too many unforced errors and Momota just fed off of LZJ's errors. Actually, I don't think Momota was at his best because he made quite a few unforced errors of his own and he seemed to be on cruise control throughout the match.

That's too bad that LZJ beat SYQ yesterday. I know SYQ is not at his best form after recovering from his injury, but SYQ at his peak ability is just a better matchup for Momota. I guess we will have to wait for SYQ and a Momota rematch later.

As for LZJ, he is young so he has lots of potential. He just needs to reduce some of his unforced errors. Viktor eventually managed to reduce his unforced errors when he became the WC in 2017. So LZJ has that potential, but he may need one or two more years on the circuit (of course, LZJ could prove me wrong and burst out at the Olympics and win gold, but I would favor Momota, SYQ, Viktor, Chen Long, and CTC over LZJ at the Olympics this year, provided they are all healthy).

LenaicM likes this.
  6. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Yeah, I don't think LZJ was really pushing Momota. Despite the score in the 2nd set, I don't think Momota was really pushed to his limit. Momota kept feasting off of LZJ's errors.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And it's so difficult to take the net away from Momota as he usually wins the net dribble unless you've Ginting's speed to make him a bit wary of playing the net too often.

Not only that, Momota's defensive skills are so good that most opponents had better think twice about attacking him prematurely or at every half chance but to construct the rally more and that's exactly what he's best at, which is why, I think, most opponents don't have that many attacking opportunities.

#287 Justin L, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    LenaicM and galaxyduo like this.
  8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So, If LYD wins the title tomorrow, will be his 38th SS title?

9. wade

wade Regular Member

I had a lot of expectation for them since their amazing performance in AG 18, but seems like they're going nowhere. so inconsistent. I still don't understand how they only has 2 super 500 titles with that skillset, if you look at their AG 18 performance you would think they're the number 1 pair in the world. they're that good.

Yoji likes this.
  10. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Skills and tactics make you good players. Mental strength makes you champions.

LenaicM, Yoji and wade like this.
  11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The mental aspect of them is really poor. Once in a blue moon, they can win tight match - like against LiLiu in KO last year / GohTan in this very tournament 2 years ago (and maybe against Minion but they lost in AG as well). last year but other than that , once they go behind they are so edgy and restless. G2 lose feels exactly like AE loss then they dont even bother turning up in G3 , especially after going behind.

They can only win tournament if its like they win like 4 points or more.. If its tight, its over. Its disappointing because they are 1 of the pair (outside top 4) that almost have equal H2H against top 4 in the world. If i say, its a bit like Ginting. They can lose to any pair from nowhere.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Then again, its tough to win a title. If they have 2 S500+ title, look at this, Li/Liu only have 4 S500+, same as KamuraSonoda. Its not easy but imo, they could have 5, At least they should have won AE Championship.

13. wade

wade Regular Member

Lol not gonna lie I laugh at that too :D

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Really?? Looks like an insult to LiLiu, they lost to AhsanHendra 6times , if LYD is old man, what is Hendra? Also fajri lost to BoeMo twice already... then what is Boe?

15. Yulius

Yulius Regular Member

He added at the last second that it was actually like come on, you guys are stronger in physical condition than them (the old men)

16. Zzzz

Zzzz Regular Member

Sorry. but why you always bring li/liu ? It's not like just only li/liu that always lose to hendra/ahsan..

17. Zzzz

Zzzz Regular Member

Double post sorry

18. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Kim was the mvp today, LYD is not even a quarter of what he used to be at his prime

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

nizze and yuquall like this.
  19. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

its rare to see ms is the last final match these days. Vik better make it worth

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The last time LYD in Final of SS, he is the favorite. Doubt he ever be underdog in Final (even with KSH).

Tomorrow he will really be underdog... Oh ding reseen the score and LiLiu almost had it back then in KO, was already 20-20. LJH look like model these days compare to back then.

Hope its a fiery match. Lest to forget, LYD ending celebratory scene that day..