KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yep lots of innovation in rackets and shoes as well, but still quite long wait until getting hands on them, only in February/March...

KWSKJP likes this.
  2. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

A stiffer 3U version of the original K9 seems like worth the wait though. :)

KWSKJP likes this.
  3. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Good spot! Wonder if those specs is worth me trying it out, because the original K9 didn't gel with me at all.
    Interested in the S7, tried a S6 for a couple of hits and seems great value for money. I sold them on to a mate, who breaks his rackets frequently, so this would be a good test of the durability.

LenaicM likes this.
  4. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

The S7 is aesthetically a success imo. I love the colour scheme.

KWSKJP likes this.
  5. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

WORLD EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE REVIEW of the new KAWASAKI MASTER 900. (4K UHD)

6. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Anyone has specifications of the ninja series and also the shoes?

7. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

8. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

A New Definition of All Round Racket

The Ninja 66 TOUR + is a new all-round racket with a all new“Speed Trapezoidal Frame”. Compared with the traditional all-round racket, this racket emphasizes the aerodynamic and speed increase of the racket. The speed and efficiency begins during the pre-contact stance when pulling the racket behind the body ready to contact the shuttle. The unique inner groove design not just improves aerodynamic but also increase the sweet spot area without increasing the frame size, effectively improving the quality of the hit. The extra slim shaft of 6.8mm further improves control and feel. This is a new design all-round racket with a new definition of speed.

Speed Trapezoidal Frame
    Shaft formed twice with inner and outer rings where the inner core is made of dense carbon fiber. Shaft with such a inner core has more powerful and stability and improves shaft repulsion speed.

40T+30T Hi-Modulus Carbon Graphite
    High intensity carbon fibre with superior mechanical properties: High-coefficient, high modules, light weight, fast vibration attenuation, high sensitivity, strong-rigidity and torsion resistance index.

6.5mm reinforced inner core
    The 6.8mm diameter is formed twice with inner and outer rings. This produces supreme repulsion, speed and control characteristics.

Inner Groove Increase Sweetspot
    Frame groove design increases 10% bigger sweetspot than traditional isometric frames of the same size.

Toray Nanometric Carbon
    Imported Japanese Toray dense carbon fibre with smaller deformation, preventing carbon fiber viscosity, combination, surface defects. It largely increases overall strength and toughness of the racket and effectively reduces racket breakage.

upload_2020-1-11_10-16-23.png

Tennyson and Martynas like this.
  9. Japrax7

Japrax7 Regular Member

Working at a Great Company
    Hi @KWSKJP , do you know where to get Kawasaki Racket in Indonesia?

10. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

Anyone know where I can buy Kawasaki in Bangkok or KL?

11. Ravi Lakhwani

Ravi Lakhwani New Member

I tried the Honor S6 for a couple of hours and I must say it's a solid all-round racket. I got it strung with BG 66 Ultimax at 26 lbs. I mainly play doubles, and I could smash better with this racket in comparison to other medium flex rackets I have tried in the past. I feel this is a little stiffer than regular medium flex rackets from Li-Ning and Yonex. The drop shots were effective. The racket feels even balanced.
    The grip is quite thin and it could have been better. The racket weighs 87 gms and I guess an overgrip would add 8-9 gms more to it.

Tennyson, Sumanth99 and KWSKJP like this.
  12. bad_n

bad_n New Member

Hello !

I play with speeder 660 and speeder 770. Love theses two, excellent semi-flex evenly balanced, with some extra repulsion for the 770, my main racket for single and doubles.

Unfortunately I cannot find them online anymore at decent price.
    Do you have any advice or good seller ?

Otherwise, which racket in the current range would be the replacement of my (not too) old speeder 770. Maybe s7 ? Btw, what’s the difference with s6 ?

Thanks you all!

KWSKJP likes this.
  13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

I think speeders had aero hex frame, so S7 would be very close since it is now very sharp/swordish, and s6 was boxy, both of them are midflex just s7 is completely new frame profile and better materials, would love to try it, I saw you can already order it from good/official shops on aliexpress adn the price is very decent

KWSKJP likes this.
  14. bad_n

bad_n New Member

The specs of speeder 660 and 770 for the record from the 2018 catalogue :

[​IMG]

And of the s7 from 200 catalogue :

[​IMG]

I've also seen the skynet x5 but don't understand if there are 2 versions (blue and red) with different specs or not ?

KWSKJP likes this.
  15. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

Skynet has 2 versions:
    - Red, 84g, 290mm (attacking)
    - Green, 82g, 284mm (defensive)

Honor S7 has 2 weight distribution on the contrary to the English catalog:
    - 3U (85g)
    - 4U (83g)

16. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

Tried the Master 900 today. 3UG2(G5) Set up was with Nanogy 98 @ 27lbs. Clearing with this racket is effortless. There is good power when it comes to smashing. What I like about this racket is the defense and control. Still need more sessions to play the full potential of this racket.

KWSKJP likes this.
  17. bad_n

bad_n New Member

Thank you.

Can you confirm the 2 Skynet versions ?

The racket matrix on the 2020 catalog says Skynet x5 Blue (I guess Blue and Green are the same :D) is more Head Heavy than x5 Red

My understanding is that Honor S6, S7, Skynet x5 Blue, Skynet x5 Red and Ninja 66 are similar in weight and stiffness and ranging from head light to head heavy. Correct ?

Thanks !

18. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

The stiffness difference between the models r negligible. As for the balance, NJ66 has a significant higher BP at 295-298mm. S6 has a BP of 286mm.

19. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

As requested, this is my review of the Kawasaki Master 900:

Stiffness: Stiff
    Balance: 300 mm
    Weight: 87g (3U) (4U available)
    Frame: 200mm x 250mm (Slightly compact)
    Type: Quick Attacking, Control, Strength
    Strings: YONEX BG66 Ultimax
    Tension: 26lbs

Key Technologies: New Mech Frame, 46T Toray Nanometric Carbon, Reinforced Core, C60 Fullerene
    Baseline comparison: Kawasaki Mao11ii (3U), Victor TK-F (4U), Yonex VTZF2 (4U), AX88D (4U)
    Slogan: Quick Continuous Attacking Play

Play Time: ~8 hours

First Impressions:
    The moment when the brand Kawasaki is mentioned, immediately one may associate to motorcycles and barely would anyone fathom sports equipment with this brand. While Kawasaki is a rarely heard of brand in the badminton world and a dearth of sponsorship on top tier professional players, it has spread its wings among the masses in parts of Asia and niche markets like India and Europe. Through the years, it has convinced with its quality and effort to create a unique value proposition in its products with immaculate emphasis on consumer feedback. After a convincing trial on the 2019 offerings namely Kawasaki Mao11ii/18ii, Spider 9900ii and the delightfully presented King K9, the bar ought to be raised even more in 2020 though can’t help but think how much more they can improve? While racket development technologies had evolved immensely for the past 20 years, there seems hardly any more room for material innovation. So what more can Kawasaki do to keep ahead of the competition? The new Master series is said to combine the best qualities of the much served Mao and Master series. I had the racket first and was pretty blown away by the exquisite matt decals with a nice tint of tangy pink, sky-blue and light gold lining which is an absolutely audacious yet refreshingly zesty design. It has moved on from its pinkish butt cap to a sophisticated glossy cap with dark red outline coat pretty similar to another top tier competitor ‘L’. To top it up, it comes with an exquisite box, a nice booklet and racket bag which is really a pleasant surprise and so beautifully presented that it blows you away on first sight! The key innovation is the diamond like prism structure throughout the entire inner frame which strengthens the entire structure indeed giving it high anti-torsion capabilities, stability, aerodynamics and power. A quick dry swing cuts through air like a surgical knife. I was totally sold on this and further vindicated the fact that Kawasaki is ever getting more serious each year!

The racket I am reviewing is a 3U racket that reads 4 of 5 on both the stiffness and head heaviness scale. So means this is meant to be a stiff and head heavy racket inheriting from the Master and Mao series tradition. While this racket has head heavy specs, it slightly clings towards even-balanced feel unlike the Mao 11ii/18ii where it weight distribution is obviously centre around the head with a thicker frame profile. The frame profile of Master 900 is close to Z-Force 2 and slightly compact yet still within conventional dimensions unlike Z-Force 2, Z-Strike and Z-Speed which are obviously a tad smaller than usual. The shaft is a 46T Hi-Modulus Toray Carbon Graphite with C60 Fullerene reinforcement that improves the 3 key elements of this new technology namely 1) Anti-Torsion, 2) Stability and 3) Strength.

Stiffness: The shaft is slim quite close to Victor Jetspeed series (6.8mm – 7mm) and the stiffness is slightly less than Z-Force 2, AX88D and close to Victor TK-F. Some stiff rackets are hard to wield and may not have a maximum repulsion feel and sucks the energy off your arms. The Kawasaki Master 900 felt delightfully comfortable despite the weight and stiffness. It has good anti-torsion and stability does gives me a feeling of “what you want and what you will get” on my hands.

Yonex AX88D > Yonex VTZF2 = Victor TK-F > Master 900 = Mao 11ii

Lobs/Clears: The racket feels like a solid, stiff and precise controlled feel with a decent sweet spot that gives you absolute confidence on the court. It cuts through air very smoothly yet without any timing issues. While it doesn’t have an out and out head heavy profile, one can hit baseline to baseline with relative ease especially when it is quite effortless to wield. This is a pretty easy one to get used to.

Mao 11ii > Master 900 = Victor TK-F = Yonex VTZF2 = Yonex AX88D

Control: The new Mech Frame, which is actually a unique hexagonal frame with diamond prism cuts on the inner frame, is said to produce a very stable foundation for a very all round and solid feel. It lives up to what as advertised. There is no vibration nor dampener feel like some rackets do. The stiffness is user friendly since it is just right without being demanding yet very precise and stable that delivers right to the point as intended. While Voltric LD Force and Voltric Z-Force 2 are great rackets, the latter gives me a dampen feel while the former is a hammer which doesn’t feel too solid. The Kawasaki Master 900 is good enough without sacrificing your strength to handle very stiff rackets. While the shaft is not absolutely slim like Z-Force 2, it is not short on control and precision either partly due to the compact frame profile and stability from the diamond design where the speed and aerodynamics is also derived from.

Yonex VTZF2 = Master 900 = Yonex AX88D > Mao 11ii = Victor TK-F

Drop/Smash: Drops are pinpoint and consistent thanks to the stability and stiffness which also makes it very easy to generate power smashes despite the fact that it is more of an even to head heavy balanced racket. While not expecting an all-out head heavy profile which isn’t what this racket is meant to be, It is a very all round racket like the Victor HX and MX series that features all-around attacking, solid feel and decent defense capabilities. The unique frame structure produces a cutting blade sound which cuts through the air with lethal force which allows you to hammer down the smash with full force. Flick smashes are easy since this all round racket is considered very manoeuvrable for a 3U variant. The fact that it snaps and returns quickly makes it ideal for continuous attacking play as the unique frame provided for aerodynamics begin right from the onset. However, may expect some timing issues on this one. I can’t imagine the overhead speed of the 4U as the 3U is already pretty fast!

AX88D = Mao 11ii = Yonex VTZF2 > Victor TK-F = Master 900

Drive/Defense: This racket is faster than I thought. It is simply aerodynamic and skins through air quicker, executing defensive returns right to where you want to be with ease yet staying within control. The overall solidness of the racket provides a completeness feel on fast drives that gives me the confidence to keep pressing in fast flat exchanges and end with a big fat kill as one can still feel the weight of the head during defense and drives without being unwieldly. Somehow I can feel the stiff racket shaft is rather springy with energy, not to the extent of overly bouncy like a mid-flex racket. At this point I began to wonder where this racket is trying to position itself. As an offensive racket following the Master and Mao series? As a control racket like Yonex Arcsaber series? Or an All-Round one like the Victor HX series? My guess is that it is not trying to be any of these but an attempt to revolutionise a new feel, set a new benchmark, a brand defining proposition from the unique frame technology and quality materials.

Master 900 > AX88D = Mao 11ii > Yonex VTZF2 > Victor TK-F

Net/Front: As would any stiff frame using quality carbon graphite, the bird leaves the string bed very responsively. The feeling is very thorough and you can feel it in your wrists. Since the weight distribution is not overly on the head, the ease of handling alongside the control and precision is excellent. I was able to feel the shuttle well and control its delicate movement. It made me raring to pounce and follow up with a net kill where the stiff shaft have an advantage over mid flex shafts on such snap movement. Having a slightly compact frame creates the aerodynamic qualities that certainly ease your readiness and positioning in the front court, giving you an extra confidence in interceptions at the front. This is where the Master 900 play to its true potential as the stiff, aerodynamic shaft provides the quick snap with ample head meatiness for front court kills.

Master 900 > AX88D > Yonex VTZF2 > Mao 11ii > Victor TK-F

Conclusion:
    This racket is full of merits being an easy, comfortable, responsive and springy, solid feeling yet undemanding and is considered fast for a 3U racket. Note it feels very much like an even balanced racket and for those who are looking for a head heavy weight distribution racket it may not be what you are looking for. Strong wristy players would surely benefit more from this racket. The key attribute of the Kawasaki Master 900 is its canny ability to follow up with quick snappy continuous attacking with ease. How often do you find a solid, stiff, responsive, slightly head heavy racket that is a perfect foil for continuous attacking play? The fact that there is a strong theme with a full fledge of professional products ratchet up by a revolutionary frame, comes with an exquisite packaging and build, makes me truly feel this is a company that is fully focused and good at what it does i.e. Badminton. Kawasaki are determined to improve and have their piece in the Badminton world. I am truly excited to look forward to their new products each year and believe they can further dilute the dominance of the big players with competition that will only benefit the game and the avid consumers.
    upload_2020-3-7_21-35-33.png
    upload_2020-3-7_21-36-38.png
    upload_2020-3-7_21-39-2.png
    upload_2020-3-7_21-40-35.png

Tennyson, balls2u, humz and 4 others like this.