Lakshya sen

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by John I'm, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I have never seen a die hard fan better than you. You are one for his future fan club.

Baddie lover likes this.
  2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Haha just a well wisher. Hope he does well and doesn't give me a chance to criticise him. Long way to go for him ;)

3. Baddie lover

Found the best possible link. Camera angle is very bad. But this is the only link available. The video is of the decider. Includes till the match point.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Well played Sen, he lost the physical battle.

Did Siyadut sit in Sen's coach chair today?

5. Baddie lover

More than physical battle, I guess his inexperience was the main factor. This is his first super 500 for him, so it's a learning curve. He'll now get to know when to smash and when to slow down the pace. Anyways, I think 3 game result against HKV is a good result.

Next, he'll play in IM where he'll play against Tanongsak in round 1 of qualifiers. He's rank 32 as of now. WR for AE qualifying is fixed for 28 Jan. And he's skipping Thai Open for PBL so he needs to do great at IM next week in order to qualify for AE. Tough ask but still possible.

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  7. Baddie lover

Thanks for the link to podcast.

HKV about Lakshya Sen before his first qualifier match- " Lakshya is 18-19, a very young and upcoming guy. He's ranked 32, one spot below me. Know him pretty well, played him in Danish League a couple of months back in a match that I won in straight games. That was a match where I played some of the best and yeah it was a really really tough match. So, that's what I'm preparing for tomorrow. I know his defence is outstanding. I remember that from the match I played two months ago. He gets a lot back and he is quite fast. His net game is quite good as well. So I need to be very very patient tomorrow and I need to be very disciplined and not going for the chances too early. That can be quite a challenge but I've solved it pretty well when I played him last time and I'm hoping I can do that once again. I really have a lot of respect for this guy. He's produced some of very good results in the end of year 2019 and really climbing up the rankings rapidly. I think he won 4 events in Europe in a row- Dutch Open, SaarLorLux Open and a few others. So yeah it's gonna be a tough start and he's gonna be a guy I could easily play in first round of the main draw , I'm not gonna take that job very lightly."

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  8. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Felt like playing a couple extra shots in every rally at this level haunted him. But a good result though against a veteran like HKV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. mohans

mohans Regular Member

badmuse likes this.
  10. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Just wondering why this guy already have 7 page thread on him... He is still outside world top 30. Nothing to show for. Hasn't perform any giant killing wins unlike Korean superstar An SY who has beaten all top players. BTW An SY only have a 4 page thread todate.
    Just a word of caution to Lakshya Sen, do not get too big headed with all these praising, being a world junior champion doesn't mean you're the future superstar in the senior circuit. Alot world junior champion fumble and faded off in the Senior circuit. To name a few, Malaysia fazli, China How tian Wei..... Etc.
    I think we are giving too much praise and attention to him who has so far nothing to boost about .

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ..because there are more members from India than from Korea in this forum.

12. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

I see. Agree.
    Then I guess their fellow country men is killing him faster

13. Baddie lover

I think you're over stating. I know what you mean that he might fizzle out later. That's for future to tell. No one has said here that he'll surely be the best in the world in time to come. No one has said he'll be World and Olympic champion.

Regarding 7 page thread, you may like to know we're not China or Indonesia which are badminton superpowers and have abundance of talent. Lakshya is playing in some senior tourneys since very early age, hence people will talk about him. Had Lakshya been from any other country, he may have not been talked about that much because other countries have great players in the setup. It's not normal for India to have world champion or Olympic champion.

There'll always be some better talent like ASY better than other juniors (both boys and girls combined). Now shall we start comparing ASY to Intanon, then ? Then comparisons will never end. However, we should be cautious on what to write about Lakshya as higher expectations won't do a world of good to us.

Edit- He's not a WJC but former AJC.

badmuse, mohans and Sumanth99 like this.
  14. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

As you may have seen, there have been no male top talents coming through the ranks in recent years. Sen, Vitidsarn and Naraoka have beaten all other youth players regularly throughout their youth days, despite often being two or three years younger than their respective opponents. It is quite obvious that they have been a class above all other talents. If that translates to success in the senior career remains to be seen, but that they have been the talents in badminton has been obvious for years.

The comparison with ASY is silly to the max (sorry to say), because WS careers start and end much earlier than careers in MS. Players like TTY, RI, AY have been part of the world elite since the age of 16/17. Name one (!) male player this century who could do that.

Momota, for comparison, won his first challenge titles in '13, when he was 18 and 19 years of age, LS already has 6 of those, winning the first at 16. So "Nothing to show for" as you say, is a bit of a stretch for a guy who's already won 9 senior titles at 18.
    If I were you, I'd be less quick to dismiss LS or any of the other two, before they'd had the chance to grow into men and turn at least 20. If any male youth players with top class potential are currently on the horizon, it's these three, with LS probably being the spearhead at the moment.

It's certainly not uncalled for for Indian badminton fans to be excited about the - by far - biggest talent in their very successful MS department.

depleter, badmuse, mohans and 3 others like this.
  15. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

As I mentioned, he has not perform any giant killing acts. Nothing to boost about.
    I'll pay attention to him when he reach top 10 ranking. Many players reach top 20 and remain there until retirement failure to get into top 10.
    As what baddie lover mention, be caution what you write, as higher expectations by you fans won't do any good for LS.

16. Baddie lover

I think he's cautious enough. He gave his balanced views. Quotes are given below.

He wrote at the moment. Nowhere has he stated that these 3 players will emulate the success they had in juniors in senior level.

You're free to have your own opinion that when do you want to follow a particular guy/girl. But misinterpreting others, that should not be the case. And for 7 page thread, well that's up to fans. Then you may ask why isn't HYQ/ZSW thread not have enough pages, again that's up to the fans.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Thanks for contributing one more page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

And as I mentioned, he has already won 9 senior titles at the age of 18. Not the biggest titles, but nobody else has done that, as far as I can tell. Not LD, not LCW, not CL, not VA, not KM. "Giant killing" simply isn't a thing for male players of that age.

Do that. Others will already enjoy following this young man's career. Your post, for example, made me look up his career, compare his achievements to other players and now I'm even more impressed. Thanks for that. ;)

Sumanth99 likes this.
  19. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

No offense. At least HYQ/ZSW thread was created when they have achieved something in the senior level.
    Winning titties playing with novices
    Can't even get past old man VHK in qualifying round in msia masters.
    Don't compare LCW or LD. They are already playing in super series at his age and win praises from the world.
    LS playing style doesn't impress the world. He will be another S.K failure

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Okay, get your point.

Now, why don't you come back and post that 10 years later or when LS become the top 10? Let the the people here have their heartbreaking moments as often as they want to. What do you care really?

Baddie lover likes this.