fake arc saber 10 peter gade??

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by fanfaron, Jan 4, 2020.

1. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Hi,

the serial code : 8198250
    cone code 168011JP

heres some image
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    to me it looks legit except the cone code where the month is 80??

the racket is very rigid, shaft is definitely stiff. The paint is really thick.

But something troubles me is the grommet are not done correctly, they are no symmetrical

sorry about the image quality hard to make a focus on white letter on white cone. Also there's no hologram sticker... weird.

the grommet are really out of the place, if you guys is curious I take image to show it to you. only if this is real, if it's fake who care the grommet is not well drill.

#1 fanfaron, Jan 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  2. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I say 100% fake! I bought many fakes when I started to string rackets, just to have many patterns to learn on. All of them have those weired flared grommets and bad symmetrical patterns, and far as I know...Yonex have never put JP letters on the shafts (just the cone), but it’s common on fakes.

1: Wrong date code
    2: No hologram sticker
    3: No standard Yonex grommets
    4: JP letters on the shaft

...sorry to say if you have spent a lot of money on it! :(

fanfaron likes this.
  3. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

100% fake

not centered Yonex logo at the T-joint
    JP letters on the shaft

fanfaron likes this.
  4. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

don't worry I didn't spend a dime on it, it was broken i picked up in the trash bin. I'm planning to repair it. I already order stuff on internet (10$). We'll see how it goes.

Plan to put some carbon fiber on it. It broke right in middle of the first two mains.

Those counterfeits are really good, the quality is very close to a good quality racket. except they can't drill holes correctly. I had some fakes rackets before and the shaft is like spaghetti. also the racket twist so easily. it seems they really put something in the T joint to make it rigid.

something troubles me a lot about those lousy manufacturer, they know how the date code works right? I mean if you can read a little and google a little, you will know. they just have to put the right code every time. they don't even have to put a different one, put the same one all the time that's it. they can go to a store take a picture and put that code for that particular model, that's it. They are having the right font, engraving by laser, but can't put the right code. Are they stupid?

Super85 likes this.
  5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The fact is I think they do it with diligence. If they make the copies too credible, the big manufacturers like Yonex will chase them harder and sue them big, and that's not what a small manufacturer who devotes himself to copies want. He is pleased to fool buyers who have no racket experience with the cheap price tag and just count the money.

6. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

I managed to save some rackets that had semi-cracked at exactly 12 o'clock. Then I have removed the grommets nearby and poured superglue into the crack and even into the holes and filled the crack from the inside as well. Has worked really well at 25lbs.

7. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

hi,

this one is completely cracked. I post a picture when it's glue back together. I've order the stuff already. I knew the racket is fake but still want to do it because it will give me experience.

Let you know how it goes.

it will take a month, stuff from china takes a lot of time to deliver.

Super85 likes this.
  8. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

Finnaly took the time to repair it. I strung it at 23. can't test it we are in quarantine in canada. no sport center is open.

that racket is fake, no question about that, the quality is bad. now that it's been glue together the stiffnes of the tjoint is very flexible. the shaft is very flexible. Hope to test to see how long it can last. used some string from the 90's, so thick I think it's 0.80mm... from black knight.

The procedure to glue it back is pretty simple. I think the task of sanding if most dificult and time consuming. It is worth it to do it for the earth... but timewise I'm not so sure. As you can see in the picture I didn't take a lot of time to sand it since it's a fake. My goal is to see will it hold.

conclusion fake racket will always be bad.

here's some picture
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. surge

surge Regular Member

Wow! Guess we all must be bored with all the sport hall closed. That is a lot of work to save a fake racket