Anthony Sinisuka Ginting

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Sundis, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So, it was a blister in GHinting's right toe that affected his game. But did it occur at the beginning of the match as translated in the article above or at the beginning or sometime during the decider?

Seriously, if not for the toe blister and, I should add, some stamina issues, there's little likelihood for Ginting to lose G3 when 12 - 5 up, not impossible but highly improbable.

Such a shame, Ginting really has the game to beat Momota. I tend to agree with Morten Frost who said something to the effect that when both Ginting and Momota are at their very best, Ginting is the better player except that he is not too consistent either within the same tournament or the same match or even the one set.

Personally, I feel that Ginting at age 23 still has room for improvement, he hasn't reached his peak yet. In my opinion, building better stamina should be the topmost priority for him.

buibui2 and Sumanth99 like this.
  2. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

I think he has the game, but he can’t complete the task. He can play that high octant game for 1.5 games, and can’t close out the last 0.5. As long as Momota stays with him, ensures he burns his energy reserves for this 1.5 games, then once Ginting slows down he can catch up and win G2. From there, Ginting has little chance as long as Momota stays sharp in G3 (which he wasn’t and made poor mistakes at the start of G3 today, allowing Ginting to get that 12-5 lead despite not exerting much).

Either Ginting has to improve his stamina so he can last 2 games playing that turbo play style, or he has to pace himself within the match better. He could maybe even consider using G2 to rest after winning a G1, I don’t know. But from their past few matches it’s clear the current way of playing Momota won’t work.

buibui2 and Sumanth99 like this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually, in today's WTF title bout, Ginting at 12-5 in the decider became error-prone, gifting too many points due in no small part to fatigue and the toe injury (as even Momota himself intimated in his post-match interview - see the relevant post in his thread), it wasn't so much that Momota outplayed him.

What you've just said exactly proves my point - first, he must increase his stamina; second, he has to learn to pace himself better.

To me, it's not a good excuse to lose on stamina/fatigue, nor is it a shame to win on superior fitness/stamina, for professional badminton is mainly a contest of both technical skills and physicality (not to mention other aspects like strategy, game plan, psychological advantage, mental strength).

buibui2, Yoji, rhoder and 1 other person like this.
  4. viver

viver Regular Member

In my opinion, Momota outplayed Ginting, Momota was set to play 3 sets match, I think his choice of court side at the beginning tells it.
    I watched the game and was kind of surprised that Momota did not go to full out smashed when he could, rather happy to move Ginting around, I felt at the time Ginting had to win in 2 sets, if not he will not get it. Ginting I think, needs to control the game better in order to win, maybe the same process Lin Dan had to go through before the Olympics 2008.

KhoaHa likes this.
  5. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Come on Ginting, the most exciting player in MS now. Great deception, speed, power and touch. Add a bit of consistency and it’ll be great. But if you can’t, try to time those peaks for the big events. Just like Taufik did in his prime.

buibui2 and wade like this.
  6. wade

wade Regular Member

I have a feeling that he would beat momota at the tokyo olympics :D

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

Should ginting improve the shot quality in his basic game, he wouldn't need to play at lightning speed all the time. If he could have good enough quality with less pace of movement to then be able to inject his out of this world pace when the opportunity comes he would both conserve energy and be even more lethal in his attack. It's very taxing to play at such a high pace all the time, and the lesser contrast in pace makes it easier for opponents to adapt once you go for the attack. LCW was very good at this.

How you would apply this when playing momota is another question lol. You would struggle to find the opportunity if you play basic game with him. It would help him in beating other opponents though

buibui2 likes this.
  8. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Tough but if he does please don’t lose to someone else (like at the AG did the difficult work and didn’t get the rewards) :D

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Ginting reached more SS finals this year than the rest of his career (4 Finals ). Zero titles to show though but lost 3 to Peak Momota.

Hope he can get medal in OG, he deserves it for his AG heroics. Despite 4 Finals, still think he is inconsistent.

However, having a H2H lead against CL gives him lots of motivation,imo. Basically he is the player that has the most wins combined against top WR3 player in the world right now (KM,CL & CTC) so i can forgive his consistency..so one can deduce his style of play can more or less handle the top player but not really suit him for players ranked lower.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

superb ginting

Giga01 and Sumanth99 like this.
  11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Next assignment for him : BATC (11-16 Feb) in Manila, PBSI registers their A-listers for this Thomas Cup qualification round.
    upload_2020-1-20_8-27-5.png

yuquall likes this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Congratulations to Ginting for his first title of the year and last year lol
    Hope this is just one of many coming soon.

Wow they have no break. But better than have nothing to do..
    Don't they ahve any other WT in February?

Sumanth99 likes this.
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

I hope he can maintain consistency, this important for his career particularly in major event.
    Only short break, Spain Masters (S300, mid February), he will skip this event. Most likely he'll take part German Open, one week prior to All England in March.

Giga01 likes this.
  14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

8SS Finals in his careers, 4 big titles.. Not bad...

Can he medals in the OG..

15. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

When Ginting is on, he is just so ridicously fun to watch. He does need to work on his consistency. Comapred to let's say...Tien Chen Chou, Anders Antonsen and so on it feels like Ginting is more likely to lose out in earlier rounds than they are. But still, when he is "on" he is so good.

buibui2, rhoder, fnd80 and 1 other person like this.
  16. wade

wade Regular Member

It's so weird that he always "on" mostly against momota, I don't remember the last time he played bad against momota.

17. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Probably because he studied Momota like a book and can predict his moves easily. He’s typically on against Chen Long as well if I remember, because their shots are predictable and give Ginting the momentum every time

18. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Congrats to his first title of the year!!

I think the Danes have laid out the framework to beating Ginting though. Flat lifts to the deep corners, approaching the net more because Ginting typically blocks rather than drives on his follow up to his smashes. His deceptions were not as effective because Axelsen/Antonsen knew exactly what he was gonna do.

19. lurker

lurker Regular Member

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Saru likes this.