P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

Sakshi, Hyderabad: sindhu is the defending champion in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) Tour Finals. She was the winner of last year's tournament in Guangzhou, China. The tournament will be held on December 11 at the same venue. Despite a series of failures, Sindhu qualified for the event directly under the title of World Champion. Sindhu says that she has not suffered the loss of her soul with the recent defeats and that she will again be a big success. Sindhu's interview with witnesses in her own words ...
    The preparations for the World Tour finals are well underway. More than two weeks have passed since the last tourney. Do it. Some of the flaws I see in my game, even when trying to correct mistakes. After the departure of women's singles coach Kim Ji Hyun, another Korean coach, Park, is making a special contribution to my training. The Finals Tournament is always a tough competition. Each match is crucial as there are only top shutters.
    The confidence of being a world champion is good, but don't be overly confident. Every time the game changes, you have to come up with new strategies. I have to be prepared at the same level as our opponents are prepared to target our weaknesses. For example, my strength is Smash. I need to use that shot effectively. It is difficult if it does not work properly. The fact that my performance after the World Championship was not good.
    Much of it is my automaton rather than the opponent's strength. I also lost track of where the points needed to go. The strokes I thought here failed, and the opponents were emotionally upstairs. At that point we will fall into some self-defense. Lost in the same row. Winning the game is natural but being a world champion is not acceptable because of some indifference. The word I am disappointed with the recent defeats is real but it doesn't hurt my self-confidence. Because I've always come across such a step.
    It is difficult to sag with such defeats. I need to become more sustainable. We have to keep trying to improve our game no matter how many wins. He is confident he can retain the title in the finals. Since the World Championship I have watched videos related to my game and discussed many things with the coaches. I analyzed them properly and focused on the World Tour finals. Lots of anonymous players are losing. But I also had such sensational successes early in my career. Those girls are struggling too. So they got a favorable outcome.
    Recovering top players like Sindhu is no big problem. She also feels that the scheduling of tournaments is one of the reasons for her defeat. Sindhu has not been together for the past two months but now she is confident that her level of achievement will make her level of success again.
    - Pullela Gopichand, Indian Chief Coach

nilesh123 and Baddie lover like this.
  2. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

Sakshi, Amaravathi: PV Sindhu, who is completing her training period as a deputy collector, has been posting an OSD at Lakeview Guest House in Hyderabad.The order was issued on Friday night by Chief Government Secretary Neelam Sahni.
    The post of Assistant Director, which is currently vacant, will be upgraded to OSD. The government has directed the protocol director to send necessary proposals. The government orders that PV Sindhu be granted an on-duty facility from December 7, 2018 to August 30, 2020. Sindhu, a badminton player, was appointed as the Deputy Collector of the previous government.

3. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Terrible terrific game. The commentator was such an as*hole, objectifying Sindhu and clearly biased.

4. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

How biased ? And objectification ?? Maybe, I missed something . But whatever I've heard he was nothing of that sort. Coming to the match, I think Sindhu played better than the last few months. She should have taken the second game but couldn't. Decider , I think she lost when she was 6-0, 7-0 down. She needs to be mentally strong. But otherwise a okay match for her.

5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Won't call him bias, but if he must choose a camp he'd AY's imo. Just few miniscule points here and there, and the easy to catch nuances in "celebratory" after comments when AY won a point.
    Don't care tbh, he does nothing but try to introduce fake "cheerful" enthusiasm in the spectators by literally just commentating what can be seen. I suppose that's not to bad cause he was supposed to do just that, commentating.
    I believe we have been spoilt by Steen and MF analysis and GC extra BTS anecdotes.

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    He was calling Sindhu “large limbs”, “dictatorial” and it didn’t sounded in a good way, he was cheering for AY even when she is losing. This irritated me.

7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

8. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

The "dictatorial" was an obvious praise of Sindhu's smashing. He uses vocabulary like that all the time on everybody, calls players "dictatorial", "imperious", "managerial", "commanding" and so on. That's not an indication of bias, but of his predilection for excessively colourful adjectives.

I personally find him annoying most of the time, but he is at least exclusively positive. When a player plays well, he will praise them. If they play mediocre badminton, he will still praise them.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Life of a commentator is a hard job

10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Really? I think it is like being an online commentator. Minus the spell-checking. :D

11. Baddie lover

Sindhu out. Any comments regarding match or form of Sindhu ?

12. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I don’t want to sound too harsh on her. But IMO, she took the foot of the gas after her WC win and she is paying the price for it. Such is the high level of competition in WS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Baddie lover

Maybe one month rest (if we go by Gopichand logic) could turn things around. Sindhu has been known for doing all this. I don't like this but have got used to her attitude. True, she has been complacent after her WC win.

14. Baddie lover

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Both AY and CY effectively imposed same strategy against Sindhu, she couldn't tackle those deceptive pushes towards deep forehand and backhand corners, her forehand defence was weak and she lost hold of her smash prowess as compared to WC.

16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I actually got frustrated after 1st mid game and stopped watching.
    Finally a win against top player, but HBJ is out of form though.

17. Baddie lover

PVS out of form too. And beating HBJ (against whom Sindhu has negative h2h) is a good win imo. I haven't seen the match too. Sindhu needs to come back after one month rest. Hope she delivers.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    May god bless her to focus more on practice this time than dressing up :D

19. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    According to the report of sports.ltn.com.tw, Kim ji hyun appeared in a badminton program and was asked what making her leaving India. Following were the summary about what she said.
    1, she was sick and was hospitalized prior to the WC and no one care to visit her. Sindhu only concerned when could the coach be back for training.
    2, Sindhu went straight to celebrate her WC win without the coach.
    3, The jealousy of other coaches after the WC win made her feel uncomfortable.
    4, Other coaches copy her training module.
    I am hoping this is a case of miscommunication, difference culture express differently.
    The news include a YouTube clip but is in Korean. May anyone understands Korean does the translation.

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    as to #1 & #2: omg!
    but if it's not: omfg!!

is this the interview?

@event ... translation?

#860 samkool, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019