Behind the scenes at the Hong Kong Open!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borkya, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    So I didn't want to spam the forums, but I went behind the scenes at the HK Open again and I made some videos about my experiences so I thought I'd share them in one thread.

So far I made three videos but I have to more coming in the next few weeks.
    This is my first one which was a vlog of my first day (the first preliminary day of the main draw) where I interviewd Axelsen, Zhang Beiwan and more.

Then my second vlog about the second preliminary day and quarterfinals day (where I interviewed The Minions, the Adcocks and I show you some of the worsening protests in Hong Kong--which was happening right outside the stadium!

Then in my latest video I noticed the reaction of the crowd, and how cool it was to be involved in it, so I was curious if the pro players noticed the fans and if it affected them. So I asked them!

Anyway, hope you enjoy them and two more are coming, one with the official Yonex stringers showing me Lin Dans racket (as well as how serious they are about the logo on the racket) and Viktor Axelsens physical coach who happens to be American and somehow got mixed up in the pro badminton world, despite not being a player himself. (And he was a super nice guy.) So subscribe to the channel and make sure to check back!

Sadly because of the protests our esteemed moderator Cheung and I weren't able to meet up like last year. We only got to chat a few minutes at the train station before my train was due to take off (and while he daughter was at her badminton lesson) so unfortunately you won't see him in any of these videos this time. :p

Fidget, endFX, visor and 4 others like this.
  2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Those rioters were pretty bad.

I managed to go on the last day with my daughter....Just part of the day.

3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Yeah, it was tough luck that the worst part of the protests happened to be about 10 feet away from the stadium.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It was an exciting HK Open. (Pun intended)

5. juneau-AK

juneau-AK Regular Member

Yes, I was very surprised with the coverage of the matches. Usually, the city and sights are shown with some commentary while the camera brings the stadium into view and then it goes to the daily schedule or something. Nothing like that for this year's Hong Kong Open.