Tai Tzu Ying ( 戴資穎 )

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by limsy, Jun 19, 2010.

1. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    it'd be the same for md vs. wd.
    imagine how much even further behind she'd be if he started running. her shot quality would disappear.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

TTY back to WR1
    upload_2019-11-10_20-14-12.jpeg

3. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

From that perspective it’s good of CTC to spar with TTY. After all, he still has WZW to give him a good run, but there isn’t another WS in TPE who can get TTY out of first gear...

Saru and LenaicM like this.
  4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    yes, her coach.

all the top ws and wd spar against men as part of their training regimen.

5. Desireless

Her coach is a man. But I’m not sure what that has to do with anything...he’s not an active player.

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Have you seen the clip in which they play each other? Do not underestimate the capabilities of a coach - and this one in particular.

And regarding that CTC clip, it's mindblowing to see how big the gap between the two actually is. If he went all-in, TTY wouldn't even score 5 points per game, hands down.

And that basically confirms the impression I got when watching the matches live from court side - the badminton that is played in men's disciplines has very few to do with the badminton that normal people play. It's just pure power and physicality. The game shown by the female top stars is a lot closer to "normal" badminton in those regards.

samkool likes this.
  7. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    unfortunately your comment invites what some may see as the most sexist-un-pc-response...

i'll paraphrase s_mair's comment: it's mindblowing to see how big the gap between men & women is. If a male went all-in, the best female in the world wouldn't even score 5 points per game, hands down.

to add:
    • the top women cannot even keep up with the top male juniors, or advanced non-professional male players.
    • being 'active' is not a factor in this case. he is still stronger and faster than her which is enough to keep her chasing all the time. when it comes to physicality it's the nature of the human species for which everybody needs to accept and nobody needs to apologize for.
    • the reason women spar against men is to make themselves better/stronger/faster than their competition.
    • if all nat'l badminton federations had identical resources and infrastructure the competition in the women's game would have much more parity across all countries.
    i've seen them train together. if he goes all out he'd wipe the floor with her.

this is a must watch for all of the 'equal rights in sports' imbeciles... 4x400 mixed relay... the intent is noble(?) but watching it should confirm reality. there goes the transgenders-should-be-able-to-compete-in-women's-sports argument. enjoy the 2nd & 3rd leg. :rolleyes:

s_mair likes this.
  8. Desireless

Coaches I’ve seen set up drills and give feedback. They don’t get on court and play full sparring matches with their players, preferring to let the players spar with each other.

Would like to see a clip of them playing though...never seen the guy in action.

9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    On page 59 in this thread there used to be a Youtube video of TTY and her coach hitting to each other on a half court but the video is gone now:(

10. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

What a shame, that clip was pure gold. :(

11. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
  12. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Yahoo announced TTY is sport person of 2019 for Taiwan. Congratulations.

Saru, Clay-more and ebcd like this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

At the end of this week's Badminton Unlimited episode (25:05), the preview for the next episode announce a "Life changing decision" from TTY where "she will tell us if she is stepping away from the game."

Also TTY is interviewed saying "Badminton takes up too much of my time. I want some personal time to do other things, while I'm young. I'm not young once I'm past 30-year-old." :eek:

s_mair and ebcd like this.
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

She is now only 25 years old, past 30 is still five years away. Why worry about it now, esp when 30 is sort of a threshold for most badminton professionals to consider retiring for good.

To me, it will be concerning if she is beginning to mull over the idea of quitting after Tokyo 2020, even though she started out as a child prodigy around aged 15 in 2009/10, already 10 years in the international circuit to date. I mean, after Tokyo 2020, whatever the result, she can always take a year off to do something else for a change, enjoy life and do what she had always wanted to do but couldn't find the time (settle down and/or get married?), and then when the hunger for badminton returns, make a comeback.

Frankly, despite her two successive defeats to Chen Yufei in the last two tournaments, I still consider her Chen Yufei's most difficult opponent where the match outcome is not easy to predict.

#1354 Justin L, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  15. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

She already said that she will retire after Tokyo
    But maybe she changed her mind, didn't follow her enough to know the most updated information about it

16. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

This seems very tough. Not everyone is Lin Dan who could take a year off after Olympics and come back with a bang in next year Worlds. I doubt any male player other than LD has done this let alone any female player.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I thought she came out to deny it previously, claiming that she was misrepresented (the reporter misquoted her words in the interview)?

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Let's just wait and see what happens. There is no real point in starting speculations in here. Whatever plans she has for her future life, it's entirely up to her to decide. We have no idea what is happening in her personal life and what goals she has for the next 5, 10 or 20 years. If you look at the crazy schedule and the needed dedication to the sport that any athelete at her level has to sacrifice, I can fully and utterly understand if anyone decides to call it quits after being (ver successfully) part of that circus for a while.

And looking at the recent tragic incident around Kento Momota, no one should forget the risks of being on the road or in the air travelling round the globe all year.

Saru, ebcd, LenaicM and 1 other person like this.
  19. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I guess we will know more next week after the episode is released.

20. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

IMO these Olympics will be decisive for her career. Depending of the result it will either discourage her to train harder for "nothing" (she already got #1 for weeks and won many tournaments) or it will help her keep on for a few more months/years.

But again we will know more next week. Bwf titled it a "life changing decision". I'm not sure it's a click bait or not though. :)

Saru, ebcd, visor and 1 other person like this.