Race to Guangzhou

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by minions, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Clay-more

Clay-more Regular Member

You should stop attacking the intelligence of forum members. It's unnecessary and inappropriate.

No one is stupid because they believe that it is not fair to a player for BWF to have changed the dates at the 99th hour.

adidascanada, LenaicM and LneooenL like this.
  2. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

Whatever.

3. minions

minions Regular Member

KW is out of race. Here is the updated condition for the 3 players to qualify to the WTF.
    • Wang Tzu Wei
      Points after HKO : 72490
      Points after R2 : 75240
      Scenarios to qualify :
      • Reaches at least SF (72490 + 4900 = 77390)
      • Reaches QF (72490 + 3850 = 76340) and NKLA doesn't win the title
      • Reaches R2 (72490 + 2750 = 75240), NKLA doesn't reach Final and LD doesn't win the title
    • Ng Ka Long Angus
      Scenarios to qualify :
      • Become the winner (69400 + 7000 = 76400) and WTW doesn't reach SF
      • Become the RU (69400 + 5950 = 75350), WTW doesn't reach QF and LD doesn't win the title
    • Lin Dan
      Scenarios to qualify :
      • Become the winner (69260 + 7000 = 76260) and WTW doesn't reach QF

4. minions

minions Regular Member

BO has sealed the WTF spot, thus ending the race in WS category. Lu/Yao have secured their spot. Only one spot left for the two MAS MD pair to fight. Here is the updated conditions for the two MAS pairs.
    • Chia/Soh
      Points after HKO : 81980
      Points after R2 : 84730
      Scenarios to qualify :
      • Reach at least QF (81980 + 3850 = 85830)
    • Goh/Tan
      Points after HKO : 78490
      Points after R2 : 81240
      Scenarios to qualify :
      • Become the winner (78490 + 7000 = 85490) and Chia/Soh don't reach QF

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

When is the draw for the Finale??

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2019-11-21_9-24-9.png

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

BWF has screwed up their so-called rebranding World Tour, too many tournaments. No point calculation messed up in previous Superseries format where only 12 tournaments that counted for Dubai Finals. It should be better if BWF only calculates Super 500 (7), 750 (5) and 1000 (3) points for Guangzhou Finals, more simple and representative.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah , they said its to give everyone same chances. But if you dont even add the top tier tournaments, why do you even bother playing WTF (which is supposed to be the best 8 in the world) or worst just adding the GPG where the points different are not too far from SS yet the level of competitors are totally different.

Yeah, those 15 tournaments are enough. You dont need more than that to proof that you can or deserve to play in WTF. LuYang uses 26 tournaments and they just add all the points , wtf man? that is seriously wrong.

In tennis, they actually use the WR. By right, in MD, it should be ShettyRR that applies ( ChoiSeo still have to defend their points if its till the end of KoreaMasters). Lu Yang shouldnt even be there, so do Busanan.

But ChoiSeo(1title) or ShettyRR(1title,1RU) is still better than LuYang any given day.

9. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    So it's up to Lin Dan now... He has to win to play the WTF...
    both WTW and NKL lost in R2.

Can Lin Dan surprise us and really win this tournament?
    I fear not even though it's a relatively weak field.

LneooenL likes this.
  10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

It depends on his stamina, played marathon match twice, 86' and 83'. Three more rounds to pass and make us surprise, will he?

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Quite similar to Thailand Masters early this year. At that time he lost in the final.

12. ong huigen

Actually it's possible for him to reach the final. The players in the next 2 rounds are not really established players. Must be rubbing his hand with glee.

13. minions

minions Regular Member

Only 2 slot left in WTF. One in MS and the other in MD.

MS : Lin Dan has to win the title or the WTF spot goes to Wang Tzu Wei
    MD : Goh/Tan have to win the title or the WTF spot goes to Chia/Soh

LD and Goh/Tan will use their maximum effort to win the title in order to grab the last spot. Meanwhile, WTW and Chia/Soh will start to pray hard in order for the statement before to not happened. (of course, this is a joke)

14. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Given Goh/Tan's present form... we might see them falter tomorrow in the semis. Let's just hope they're hungry enough to win the title and the spot. They'd better get their s*&t together from the next match on.

15. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    it's a tall order for Lin Dan too... 2 juniors from China very much capable of beating him stand in the way, unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat. If he plays the way he played against Tanongsak today, I really think he'll miss the boat... Like most others here, I'd love to see the old Lin Dan back, playing in the WTF! Good luck LD!

16. ong huigen

Why would it be a tall order. I would really put money on Lin Dan to win the whole thing if such a bet exist. Except for Lu guang Zu who has been impressive lately, there is really nothing to fear from the side of Lin Dan. In fact, I predict that it would probably be a quick victory tomorrow for him like what I predicted today.

As for tan/goh. It's going to be near impossible by the fact that seo/choi is in good form and they are playing in Korea. Also seo/choi probably wants to win this tournament as they missed out on the previous one. The opponents they meet in the final is going to be difficult as well. And their form is not really the best right now.

17. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Guess Tan/Goh wanted to win more than Seo/Choi today... Glad to see LD and Tan/Goh in the finals, hopefully both of them win tomorrow to qualify for WTF

18. ong huigen

I think the odds are on LD to win tomorrow. It will be a little more difficult for Tan/Goh to win though. I still think Seo/Choi are the better players. I just checked and realized that they won the previous final. I must have been dreaming to think they have lost. Anyway. I did put bets on Seo/Choi to win but then if I did not "dream", I would probably say that their desire to win is lower since they have already won the previous final. I would think most probably seo/choi will not be playing in syed modi because seo probably wants to concentrate on WTF.

As for Lin Dan, well, to be honest, tsunemaya do not really have the weapons to fight him I think. He's not that kind of physical. So I still think the ball is really on Lin Dan. He can really qualify for the WTA under the most "weirdest" of circumstances at the ripe age of 38. Should be motivation enough for him.

19. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Choi/Seo is not even qualified for WTF. And as the defending champions they should have had enough desire because it's on home soil and if they didn't win the title here they will lost some points and get kicked out of top 10 immediately.