What is Fun for you in Badminton

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Budi, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Budi

Budi Regular Member

As for me, maybe :
    1. I love the feeling of solid explosive bang when smashing.:D i guest im addicted to it. If i think about it, i become a blood thirsty demon if im partnered with a good & well known player, kinda i become more careless to do more agresive atk.
    2. Im not much care for a winning tho doesnt mean i dont want to win but i like when my strategy can work & break opponent defense. I play with anyone who want to play with me regardless its a noob or pro. With noob i think of what to do to cover his weakness while also think what is opponent weakness. While when playing agains better player which obviously i cant win, i dont care & play. Thinking how i can beat those man, what to do to put him under preasure. Maybe the match end with terrible loss 1vs30 but that 1 point is satisfy me & the next time i play again i will & definitely double those 1 point. Kinda like strategy games & yeah i also love strategy/tactical console games genre.:D

2. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

I love annoying opponents. There's nothing better when the opponent tries everything and every shuttle comes back from me. At some point the opponent makes a mistake and gets angry.

Basically, I enjoy every aspect of badminton.

3. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Regular Member

What i enjoy most is probably playing a perfect kill on a nearly perfect net shot. That, and reading the opponents shot and burying it. If i get to do some of that Ill walk off with a smile even if i end up losing.

Badminton is so dynamic. Learning someones patterns and punishing it is very satisfying. Its like playing chess.

4. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Net kills. Love me some net kills. Makes you feel so damn cool, hahaha

5. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

when 4 players almost equally in level and fight like in tournament, every point is counted. After 2-3 sets, you tired like hell.

.. that is most satisfying feeling for me.

6. HN52354

HN52354 Regular Member

• When a player manages to return a shot you didn't think they could reach
    • When a lower level player does an unexpectedly beautiful shot e.g. smash, net shot, cross court, etc.
    • When you play with a newbie and encourage them and they actually have fun (I've seen too many new players become discouraged because they think it's their fault for missing the shot and blame themselves)
    • Net shots that touch the net and make it over
    • When you and your opponent 'tease' each other. Like you make each other run all over but both manage to keep returning it, or when you have nice and controlled net play
    • Learning new things e.g. recently learned and can apply net spins/tumble and backhand clears

ubootsg, Fidget and Baddie lover like this.