Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Sigh.. what a loss.
    Disappointing after the lead in G3. Should ve won it if they didn't rush at the end there.

well, time for Ahsan/Hendra to save the day.

2. Bouncll

Bouncll New Member

Too much error for both (Kevin/Gideon)

3. wade

wade Regular Member

Kevin please learn to be more discipline, he keep getting countered when he lose his patience and going for these 50:50 chances too much, even herry ip need to reminds him every interval to block the shuttle more. gideon also didn't play with enough variation today, his attack were too predictable.

4. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

At least the score is getting closer now, but yeah they rarely lost after leading 4-5 points in G3

5. minions

minions Regular Member

Telling him to just be patient and discipline won't do. It's not in his nature at all. I think it's more important to make him feel that he really needs to be patient and discipline.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't know. I think the JPN just know exactly how to play Marcus too well.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Cant always win i guess.

Alway look back with fond and thankful for the 8 titles this year.

1 more fight to go...

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I wonder if Kevin posted any vinions right after the match today? :p

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course. WR1 can do what he wants. lol
    wait till he is not WR1 and then out of top 8. Its a process.

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

One tournament down, and one more tournament to go the Finals.
    Hope minions get a long rest and feel refreshed for the last tournament of the year.

================

Updated 15/11/2019 :

*(1) Malaysia Masters Super 500 -> Champion
    *(2) Indonesia Masters Super 500 -> Champion
    *(3) All England Open Super 1000; 06-10 March ->R1 exit
    *(4) Malaysia Open Super 750; 02-07 April -> QF exit
    *(5) Singapore Open Super 500; 09-14 April -> SF exit
    * Badminton Asia Championships (Individual); 23-28 April -> Silver Medalist

Olympics qualification starting :

* Sudirman Cup (Mixed Team); 19-26 May -> Bronze Medalist ; Pts: 11,003 ; Total: 11,003 +
    *(6) Indonesia Open Super 1000; 16-21 July -> Champion; Pts: 12,000; Total: 23,003 +
    *(7) Japan Open Super 750; 23-28 July -> Champion; Pts: 11,000; Total: 34,003 +
    *(8) Thailand Open Super 500; 30 July - 04 August -> QF exit; Pts: 5,040; Total: 39,043 +
    *- World Championships (Individual); 19-25 August -> R2 exit; Pts: 1,300;
    *(9) China Open Super 1000; 17-22 Sept -> Champion; Pts : 12,000; Total: 51,043 +
    *(10) Korea Open Super 500; 24-29 Sept -> QF exit; Pts: 5,040; Total: 56,083 +
    *(11) Denmark Open Super 750; 15-20 Oct -> Champion; Pts: 11,000; Total: 67,083 +
    *(12) French Open Super 750; 22-27 Oct -> Champion; Pts: 11,000; Total: 78,083 +
    *(13) Fuzhou China Open Super 750; 05-10 Nov -> Champion; Pts: 11,000; Total: 89,083+
    *(14) Hong Kong Open Super 500; 12-17 Nov -> QF exit; Pts: 5,040; Total: 94,123+
    - W.T.F; 11-15 Dec

*: competed.

Pts : Points earned in the tournament
    Total : Total qualification points earned so far
    + : Counted to the top 10 results

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

What are you talking about? What does it have to do with his world ranking?
    Anyone can do whatever he wants, not only WR1s.

wade likes this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Maybe it's time for Kevin to think less of Vinions lol

https://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8705

Kevin : Endo/Watanabe is indeed not easy to die (a.k.a. not making UEs easily), they played more composedly too. When we were leading int the third game, there actually wasn't any change from the opponent's game. We were less lucky in the end of the game.

Marcus : Our performance did quite well overall, we were leading too but we were not able to finish up the match well. The opponents weren't easy to penetrate.

Kevin : We feel like our overall performance was quite food overall, yet we still lost, so there are still so many things that we need to work on.

[​IMG]
    (Hong Kong Open 2019) Ganda Putra Jepang Taklukkan Kevin/Marcus

(Hong Kong, 15/11/2019)

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon harus mengakui keunggulan Hiroyuki Endo/Yuta Watanabe, ganda putra asal Jepang yang merupakan unggulan kelima di turnamen Hong Kong Open 2019. Pada pertandingan babak perempat final sore ini, Kevin/Marcus dikalahkan dengan skor 21-16, 14-21, 20-22.

Pertemuan Kevin/Marcus dengan Endo/Watanabe memang selalu berlangsung ramai. Dalam empat pertemuan, Kevin/Marcus bahkan kalah di dua pertemuan terakhir di Badminton. Asia Championships 2019 dan Thailand Open 2019.

Pada pertandingan hari ini, Kevin/Marcus sebetulnya berpeluang besar untuk menang saat unggul jauh 16-10 hingga 19-15. Namun pada poin-poin kritis, Endo/Watanabe bermain lebih menekan pertahanan Kevin/Marcus.

"Endo/Watanabe memang nggak gampang mati, mereka juga mainnya lebih tenang. Waktu kami memimpin di game ketiga, sebetulnya tidak ada perubahan permainan dari lawan. Kami kurang beruntung di akhir game," kata Kevin kepada Badmintonindonesia.org.

"Penampilan kami secara keseluruhan cukup lumayan, kami sudah unggul tapi kami tidak bisa menyelesaikan dengan baik. Lawan memang tidak mudah ditembus," tambah Marcus.

Dengan kekalahan ini, Kevin/Marcus harus memendam harapan untuk mempertahankan gelar juara yang mereka raih tahun lalu. Pekan lalu mereka baru saja mempertahankan gelar di turnamen Fuzhou China Open 2019.

"Kami merasa penampilan kami secara keseluruhan cukup baik, tapi kan kami masih kalah, jadi masih banyak yang harus diperbaiki dari kami," ujar Kevin.

Masih ada tiga wakil Indonesia yang malam ini akan bertanding di babak perempat final Hong Kong Open 2019 yaitu dua tunggal putra, Jonatan Christie dan Anthony Sinisuka Ginting serta ganda campuran Hafiz Faizal/Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja. (*)

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

then why ask lol

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ask what?
    I was just curious to know if he posted any today a few minutes after the match.
    A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

15. Driger1

Driger1 Regular Member

You really have to give credits to the Japanese. They are so so disciplined, I personally thought that the Minons were playing better but the spirit and the determination of Endo and Watanabe were just worlds better than Kevin/Marcus. They looked jaded and esp Kevin I felt like he underestimated the opponents a bit too much (which what he normally does) and this time around it costs him the HKO SF.

It's not the end of the world, they were leading 16-10 and 19-16 at the deciding game but this is just another bad day in the office.

Props to the Japaneses!

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kevin underestimated the opponents? After losing to them 2 times in a row? I don't think so.

17. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Minions are consistently good, 8 titles with 8 defeats this year.

Champion: INA master, MAS master, INA Open, Japan Open, China Open, Denmark Open, French Open, Fuzhou Open

Defeats:
    Liu/Zhang (1)
    Kamura/Sonoda (1)
    Choi/Seo (1)
    Alfian/Ardianto (2)
    Endo/Watanabe (3)

For me the defeat from choi/seo was the hardest to cope with :D

3 defeats from endo/watanabe actually felt easier to take lightheartedly. Like Kevin said, they still have a lot to work on. At least they get a better idea on how to play JPN, compared to their 1st meeting in 2019 (where they seemed clueless, that 21-3 still haunts me sometimes :D). Minions 'just' need to stick with their game plan, be more disciplined & determined.

I hope minions will meet Endo/Watanabe again in WTF (and please meet again several times before Olympic)

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It kind of felt like when they played against Han/Zhou last year and losing twice in a row. The CHN pair somehow just knew and did really well in exploiting minions weak points strategically or just naturally while the other pairs found it hard to do so even for Endo/Wata last year.

19. wade

wade Regular Member

Is the venue for WTF this year the same like last year ? if it is then I don't see them beating yuta/endo there.

trizzforce likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It is the same every year I think.
    Why not? Anything can happen.