FUZHOU CHINA Open 2019 : R/32-FINAL (05-10 November)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Nov 4, 2019.

1. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    I thought Rasmus played very well against Kento, then he fell apart in the second game. The first game was interesting, Rasmus defended very well and Kento was frustrated as to how he was going to score points.

MD match between Indo and Indians was interesting. There was still some beef between Kevin and Chirag which continued from French Open last week, where both would target at the body of their foes and not bother to apologize. The commentators didn't notice it.

LenaicM likes this.
  2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Rasmus got tired (at around 16 point in G1) and thats it. It was very very obvious thus just mistakes and very short lifts, but not tired Rasmus is able to beat Momota, the only difficult part not a lot of players can outrun Momota

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

The way I see it she handles her career the way she and her staff choose to. Including her decisions on which tournaments to enter or not and to what extent she can push herself when injured.

When one dig a little bit deeper in sports (any sports) at this level we can hear physiotherapists, athletes and coaches say that the current athletes always have and perform with a sort of injury. From small to serious injuries, nowadays sports is so demanding for those athletes that they do deal with injuries regularly if not on a daily basis.

In TTY case you are saying the point is that she is playing with an injury on the first place. Well she and her staff must have think it was worth the risk but might have give her instructions to withdraw if she feels a certain kind of pain as it would aggravate the actual injury. I'm speculating as I have no clue to why she had to retire but she sure had her own valid reasons. After all it's her body and her career on the line.

duchoainguyen, Justin L, Anks and 2 others like this.
  4. super-g

super-g Regular Member

When Gemke was leading 18-12 Momota upped the pace and won 8 out of next 9 points. In-form Momota would have no trouble beating Gemke. And even today I it was not very close match in the end. Gemke is bit like his fellow countrymen Jorgensen and Vittinghus, not the most talented player but hard worker. Or a poor man version of Chou Tien Chen.

5. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Gemke had a minor injury in his foot. It is not something I make up. It is what the Danish coaches told Danish TV. I don't know what it is called in English. The typical thing where you land slightly wrong and overstretch it a bit.

It was not meant as an excuse for G1, which he lost because Momota upped his game and Gemke failed to keep focus. But it explained why he seemed to have given up in G2. Gemke is not the type of player who gives up as he showed against Momota in Denmark Open.

Swas44 likes this.
  6. minions

minions Regular Member

My bad. I thought Chen/Jia go to final instead of Lee/Shin. Fixed.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

29th SS Finals for Minions, Banking 25th of the time.. Thats almost 90% winning rate. Not close to 100% yet though.

While KamuraSonoda banked 4 out of 10SS at the rate of 40%. and thats mentally sound KamuraSonoda.

Its just unbelievable in fast and furious, cant lose concentration MD.

8. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

The only thing that might go either way in this final is the WD. Everything else is pretty much standard and boring.
    WS - NO might choke. I'll be elated if she didn't.
    MS - Unless momota chokes, we all know he's gonna bag it.
    XD - :rolleyes:
    MD - Pretty sure KamSon will lose

Swas44 likes this.
  9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...303F12-E5BF-4D78-BB58-9E1236DD64A1&d=20191110

upload_2019-11-10_8-53-56.png

A rarity case where all title holders cruise into last round, three of them are last year edition rerun final matches. Japan has most number of representatives than host China while Korea, Chinese Taipei and Indonesia have one each.

THE REIGNITING KOREA
    Korean women's doubles underscoring their resurgence to rock Japan camp, gunning to another Super 750 title in Fuzhou. Head to head stats favours to second seed Fukushima/Hirota but last year champion Lee/Shin exhibiting ascending trend recently including defending their crown in Paris. The Japanese delivered heartbreak for home fans yesterday, eliminate Chen/Jia in very tight contest, 15-21 / 21-15 / 22-20. Meanwhile Lee/Shin overcome world number one Matsumoto/Nagahara in three games, 12-21 / 21-13 / 21-12 with their powerful attack.

HOME INTEREST
    China trump card is back to business to keep flying high at home turf. Zheng/Huang outplay the under pressure Malaysian Goh SH/Shevon Lai who couldn't exploit their capability to trouble the mighty Chinese rather than too passive and ran out of idea. A concern circumstance prior to second game witnessed Zheng Siwei suffers nose bleeding but his condition didn't impact performance to seal the tie comfortably. Wang/Huang continue their winning record over Watanabe/Higashino, 21-11 / 21-16. The number one pair aim to claim 8th title in this year, should be no problem judging by their superiority over familiar teammates.

LOOKING FIRST
    Sixth final for newly-crowned world number one Nozomi Okuhara, to end title drought in 2019. The Japanese starlet will face home favourite Chen Yufei who seems had found exact formula how to beat the resilient rival. Okuhara secures final spot after Tai Tzu Ying retired in third game following her left knee injury and high possibility would skip HKG Open next week. The Chinese number one battled hard to subdue the highly spirited and vast improved Michelle Li, 20-22 / 21-8 / 21-17. The Canadian turned the tables in opening game, 13-18 when Chen losing concentration and being dictated suddenly. The accumulated fatigue arriving in deciding game, world number 8 obviously really tired in long rallies to save three match points.

UNDISPUTED MOMOTA
    Men's singles king Kento Momota as expected safely through to 12th final of this season, only losing at INA Masters early this year then affirming his world number status to scoop 10 titles (including BAC and World Championships), what an impeccable record in very competitive singles category. His world class quality was displayed in semifinal tie, trailing badly 12-18 to Rasmus Gemke, the World Champion turned the momentum, finding the solution quickly to close out opening set, 21-19 then usual plot becoming predictable in second game, 21-9. Chou Tien Chen smashes the inconsistent Anders Antonsen straight forwardly, 21-10 / 21-12, what a contrasting performance by young Dane when he demonstrated excellent performance in quarterfinal. A challenging task for Taiwanese ace who will be fully supported by home crowd to beat world champion.

FAST FURIOUS SHOWDOWN
    Men's doubles powerhouse Indonesian once again will banking on Gideon/Sukamuljo to shoot victory in BWF top-flight tournament. The Minions will eye eighth crown before shifting attention to year ending extravaganza in Guangzhou. World number one pair edge out Indian promising duo Rankireddy/Shetty who pushing the Indonesians work harder in second game, 21-16 / 22-20. Kamura/Sonoda is one of few opponents who can beat the formidable Minions more than twice, the Japanese pair knock out less experienced Aaron Chia/Soh WY convincingly, 21-13 / 21-14. The most anticipated fast exchanging shots between two combinations will be served in last match this evening.

10. wade

wade Regular Member

Headshot...ouch

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Go Wang/Huang.

can't watch live stream atm:confused:
    Hope they are doing well against zheng/huang

12. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

I seriously dun get how you justify that okuhara is the favourite here given that cyf is playing on home soil and has a better recent h2h to okuhara.

And xd is going to be close. There is very little that separates them except for hype and mental. And I put money on that.

Guess I am going to win on this bet as well. Nice betting against people like you..

13. wade

wade Regular Member

So a backhand shot with almost no backswing is called zhang nan's style now ? :D

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

How did Wang/Huang win G1? Yay though

Oh.. I like that name:D Who said it?

15. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Will be third consecutive loss in finals for Zheng/Huang, if they lose today isn't it? When was the last time they lost more than two finals in a row?

Play hard. Train harder.

16. wade

wade Regular Member

Steen ofcourse :D

yuquall likes this.
  17. Biglever

Biglever Regular Member

Engineer
    Huang with longer hair is bit absent minded today.

Play hard. Train harder.

18. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

It's always going to be close between the 2 of them and if I were the 2nd seeded team, I will have more motivation to win this.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

whutt ZHuang... Its unthinkable if they dont win OG in XD.

20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Medal presentation today for XD saw chinese version of kim jong un ( chinese MD coach), just kidding. He has some resemblence.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk