Taan grip alternatives

Discussion in 'Grip' started by Tri Duong, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Tri Duong

Tri Duong New Member

As title i need help to find where can i find this grip or anything similar.

Basically i have been using a specific Taan overgrip (photos attached below) supplied by my local badminton club in Melbourne - Australia. The grip feels like rubber to the touch (literally rubber, like wheel tire rubber). This fits me perfectly as it provide best grip even in long session of playing (unlike those soft PU grip ie. yonex ac102). Please note that my hands dont sweat at all.

However, this grip will soon be out of stock at my local club and i cannot find it anywhere. I contacted Taan and they say this grip is discontinued. I tried google "taan tw085" and the result was a total different tw085 grip by Taan.

Can someone please tell me what is this grip called (i dont speak Chinese)? as well as any similar ones? It would be much appreciated. Thank you

grip 1.png
    grip 2.png

2. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Try your luck at taobao.com

3. Tri Duong

Tri Duong New Member

i already tried Taobao. The thing is, i could go to taobao.com, browse any item i could see, but i could never search. If i search, it would load forever. I reckon the site has issues with my ISP

4. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    You can try karakal super PU grip.
    It feels nothing like yonex supergrap, much more like rubber.
    The surface is more smooth compared to your grip though.

5. dbones

dbones New Member

I just looked for you on Taobao and yes there are many sellers that have that grip. But you can not buy from toabao anyhow, Taobao only ship within China.

Try looking it up at AliExpress, they also have lots of Taan grip and AliExpress ships world-wide. I buy from AliExpress regularly without problems.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk