YouTube channel recommendation: Tobias Wadenka

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by s_mair, Oct 21, 2019.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Since it is often rather difficult to find the few good badminton technique clips in the internal sea of bad to mediocre ones, I'd like to highlight a rather new YouTube channel which is presenting some high quality content and deserves to get some attention in the BC community:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfRMnJ4f02bKXts3OE8eOEw

The topics covered are presented with a lot of detailed explanation and well made slow-motion clips and imo they are entertaining to watch.

Some background on Tobias as found in the channel info page:

"My name is Tobias Wadenka, i am professional Badminton Coach and Badminton Player. After a successful youth career with several national titles i moved to the german national training center in 2013, trained with the national squad and played international badminton tournaments all over the world, competing mainly in Mensingles.

Since i moved back to my hometown in 2016 i am now half player and half coach. On one hand i am still competing in national and international events and train almost on a daily basis. On the other hand i am also working as a coach for the federation, where i train youth top players and educate other coaches.

I am certified A-Trainer (highest badminton coaching license in Germany), and i am about to finish my BWF Level 3 Education as well as a special elite coach mentoring course. With this channel, i want to help as many people as possible to improve their badminton game and/or coaching by tutorials for all levels of players and coaches."

And here are some clips that caught my attention in the first place:

I hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do. Oh, and thanks to @Mr Arc2 for the tip. :)

#1 s_mair, Oct 21, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    SweString, Fidget, Goggles and 14 others like this.
  2. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

I highly recommend Tobias' videos. The videos answer all the questions you had and even things you had not thought about before.
    If there are still questions: Tobias answers questions in the comments very often.
    Oh yeah, don't forget to read the video descriptions for a summary and additional information.
    Great resource

phihag, speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  3. Mason

Mason Regular Member

His channel is great!

4. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I've discovered his channel just a couple of weeks ago and really like it. Great content of high quality and provides good thoughts about all he explains. Glad to see you guys enjoy it too. Highly recommended!

5. darrengsaw

darrengsaw Regular Member

Data Analyst
    I've come across Tobias' channel recently, definitely one of the very best I would say.

Clear and concise yet contains all the details you might ever need without showing overly complex.

There is a lot of content on YouTube these days, and finding the good stuff amongst the mediocre, downright bad and even the odd scammer, it can be very difficult to find the best material. This is very much at the high quality end.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6. Sigurds

Sigurds Regular Member

One of the greatest things about his videos are that he mentions drills and common mistakes which can help you to learn the techniques. Definitely one of the best badminton youtubers out there!

darrengsaw likes this.
  7. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Tobias may have some competition. To be fair, Tobias wins on quantity and quality.

8. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Been following the channel for a while. Without doubt one of the best badminton contents out there.