MiStringer Portable machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by guitar_pic, Oct 16, 2019.

1. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    Just though I would post something I accidental found while looking at some stringing tools:

https://mistringer.com/

It's the most unique design for a portable stringing machine I've ever seen. I don't really think it can be used for badminton rackets since we need to have our hands access the bottom to weave the crosses......unless you use this with the stringweaver tool that I have seen in some older posts.

2. Potato420dr

Potato420dr Regular Member

Student
    "new strings within 30 minutes"? That sounds almost too good to be true.

3. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

30 minutes will never happend with this machine, and I don’t get it why they put it as a sellingpoint when it should be emergency-machine...which I also don't understand the thing with either. Would rather buy an extra racket to not end up in that position.

s_mair likes this.
  4. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

For sure not for badminton, not yet, but interesting clamping system. And the mounting system too. But at first glance it seems difficult to adapt it to every frame. But it's very interesting to see such kind of innovation. Kwun was talking about " the stupid design for fixed clamp. too much legacy thinking and no one think out of the box anymore" in another thread. I think, here we have something new ...

5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I've seen it before on tennisman.de, so maybe @Tennisman can tell us something about this machine.

6. guitar_pic

guitar_pic Regular Member

MIS Sales Consultant
    I'm just impressed with the pulley system. If it can stretch and tension tennis strings, then it should be able to handle badminton strings.

7. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yeah, it's in the cataloge of Tennisman for a good while now. I never cared about it really since it seems to be a tennis-only machine. Might be interesting if you do a lot of travelling and still want to be able to string your rackets. No idea why they promote it with stringing speed, cause that is clearly not the intention of that machine.

Interesting concept, but I don't see it becoming a bestseller.

8. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    For a portable machine it looks interesting. At first I wondered how you would do the crosses as there's no space underneath the racket, but they supply a tool to make weaving easier. Personally I'd say it would be OK for tennis as there's less strings overall, but too fiddly and time consuming for badminton.

9. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

Most parts are plastic, in my opinion it makes only sence if you travel and need a machine which you can take with you. I never tested it for badminton. I think it is only for tennis rackets