When will they ban screaming?

Discussion in 'Rules / Tournament Regulation / Officiating' started by Charlie-SWUK, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    My point was others are doing it, and I don't want it spreading. Regards to views, pure view count is not representative, it doesn't show retention etc which YouTube's private analytics do show. My watching 10 points counts as a view.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

She did employ some dirty tactics from time to time, small mind games and tricks to get some time when she needed it. While that is in no way unique to her, I strongly dislike that kind of behavior (regardless of who does it, unlike some of the more ardent fans on here).
    I'm not sure if she has changed that after her injury break, but the screams remain just as annoying and eardrum-rupturing.

whatAHassle likes this.
  3. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

marin's screaming has been familiar for a long time. So ppl keep watching 10 points from her matchs time after time, match after match so that why high view? Good effort, keep trying and they will solve their problem

4. vozer here

obsession. Just like tai's thread. If ppl keep mentioning marin in pv's thread, it would be more understandable

5. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Well like you said most players do some of those "tricks" from time to time. I wouldn't call CM names just for that.

I'm no fan of her but I'm not a hater either. I still watch her games even though I would be annoyed if I were her opponent hehe but I guess players have got to learn how to ignore screams from a player and remain focus.

For the crowd I'm not sure we have much of a voice. Sure we can be annoyed but will it change something? I can still watch her matches and enjoy the game. Just not when my son is napping :p otherwise he would get woken up :D.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Just watch that video where she gets red-carded twice to see a prime example of her entitlement and arrogance on court. Refusing to listen to the umpire, then crying like a baby when she got punished for ignoring him. One of the more vindicaring moments of watching badminton, similar to when Boe/Mogensen got a strict umpire every once in a while when they played their little games (2010-12).
    With how unpleasant her technique is on top of the auditory harrassment I really have no reason to watch any matches Marin participates in. Only once in a blue moon if she were to get to a major final against a player I enjoy watching, maybe, but even then only if I have nothing better to do...Marin vs Sindhu would be the ultimate "couldn't give a flying f**k" final :D

whatAHassle likes this.
  7. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    How is that good? Low viewer retention is a bad thing from every point of view. I mean, are you trolling?

I actually want to be able to watch more of her matches. She does very well. She's a good player. I just can't deal with her screaming. Worse yet, is that sometimes, it stops me watching other talented players like TTY, AY, and CYF. Other players that also do well.

j4ckie likes this.
  8. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    I don't think anyone is hating on CM as a person. We just hate the screaming :D

Fidget likes this.
  9. vozer here

more like you are. You mentioned 10 points watching and untrusted view (high). So you mean the high view has a lot of it from ppl who watch just a bit of the game then turn it off because the scream. It mean they still watching match after match even thought just a few points despite knowing how she screams=>high view. Keep watching and they will use to it, soon they can watch the whole game

10. vozer here

nothing relate to thread's subject

11. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    That's not how that works.. low viewer retention means they don't *finish* watching the video. Watching 10 points is not high retention. That's like 5-8 minutes out of an hour long clip.

12. vozer here

even so. Big view drop must easily to see the big change. Which is not

13. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Ok, so you want us not to discuss it, because people have viewed a youtube video, even though our point is we don't like the screaming and speculate it's bad for the sport? This is a discussion forum. We're going to discuss it because we want to discuss the game, and court behaviour is part of it. We've discussed other players behaviour, and this is just another instance. This thread isn't to hate on CM, she isn't the only one screaming, but she is the most visible at this point.

14. vozer here

you got everything wrong. Your point is should ban it because you hate it and i will deny by saying i love it? express yourself thread? that why its not a point

speculate it's bad for the sport is a point and we still discussing it. You have your i have mine (so you dont count my denying your point is a point?). We are still not convinced by each other

#74 vozer here, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I have stopped watching her matches totally. I would only watch when she played TTY or CYF with the lowest volume and a BG sound of music or another horror movie at the back.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Tell you what... We should start a poll to see who likes or despises her screaming... I have a feeling I already can predict the results...

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

17. vozer here

To prove what? To change the game to people choice awards? This is a discussion forum. You are completely not understand the sentence. The problem, literally i wrote it. It will become an express yourself thread

#77 vozer here, Oct 16, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  18. vozer here

Point could be good could be bad, its a point. Page 4 but still more personal like than things to discuss. Anks's influence?

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well I guess BWF could put some decibel meter at the court side like the smash meter. If it's higher than a number, the umpire would give a warning or two before giving out any cards.
    but the meter wouldn't be much a help if the crowds like in Istora are presence.

20. minions

minions Regular Member

Then, the warning should extend to the crowds as well. Though I believe that the Istora crowds will become madder than ever. :p