KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

fun fact: nanoflare 800 is a cheap copy (ok in terms of materials it is not that cheap) but still a copy of Kawasaki Honor H6 :D if you compare head shape and profile - since Honor was released way before nf800... but the story: I just wanted to support local sport shop which carry badminton equipment on site - ended up buying the most fun ever racket by very very far :D
    will be demoing force f9 as well next week, if you wanna see real innovation please get acquainted:
    https://kawasaki-badminton.com/product/kawasaki-force-f9/
    variable balance point! :D with ball bearings...

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    a fact that is even more fun!!!
    kawasaki honor h6 is rated even-headheavy balance and flexible
    NF800 is headlight-even and stiff
    [​IMG]

Father Parrot likes this.
  3. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Bought a pair of the Spider, seller was nice to help me weight and ensure that i both are of the same weight 88-89g pre-strung.
    Decided on the Spider as it felt like a upgrade from the Gosen (Beta) that i am using. The Mao felt slower in terms of swing speed and weight distribution remains me of the Victor JJS. Be updating once i get them tested out further.
    Only slight grumble: Spider does not come in the super beautiful box like the K9.

Tennyson and KWSKJP like this.
  4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

which spiders have you got? 9900 II? would love to try 7200 II

ABC system in the force f9 is a gimmick, almost no effect, since the balls are very small and they move too slowly, from one side to another,
    but racket itself is very nice, very comparable to 3u ZFII - true thor sledgehammer, so I grab my honors and smile smile during the games :)

5. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    9900II

KWSKJP likes this.
  6. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Played 3hrs with the Spider 9900II. Be writing base on what comes to mind and in no specific order.

Packaging:
    Expectation: Presented much like the King K9, beautiful box, cloth bag and stuff.
    Reality: Full racket cover. Good quality, thick cushioning. Comes with a manufacturer manual and spare grommets.

Cosmetic.
    Good paint finishing. Not a fan of the Pinkist / Purpuleish butt cap. Racket model on the shaft is printed / pasted slightly off centered, this is not a defect but a design as is consistent on both the rackets.
    Handle: Listed as G1, toled is Yonex G5 equivalent. Reminds me of the time where Victor handle sizing differs from Yonex. (MX80 first Gen period).

Racket: Is very very similar to my existing racket, Gosen (Beta), only difference is the frame profile and OAL as the Beta is 5mm longer than most rackets.
    Weight 88 - 89g unstrung and with plastic wrap on the handle.
    Setup: BG80 at 29lbs, removed the factory grip, added a layer of electrical tape over the bare handle followed by a Yonex replacement grip.

Pros: Excellent control and feedback from the racket. Small sweetspot, shuttle leaves the stringbed much faster.
    Cons: Timing need a little adjustment as swing speed and sweetspot is slightly different from the Beta.

Be getting a third piece soon.

Past rackets that i have used: AT900P, MX80, N90II, zSpeed, Beta.

7. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

I had the opportunity to try the King K8 yesterday for a match (Singles) and I was impressed. Really impressed...

Rigid and precise at the net or for lifts yet still forgiving when late to the shuttle in the backcourt. I was never penalized in defence despite the racket being head heavy. I could clear from the back of my court to the back of the opponent's court rather easily when late on my forehand back corner and taking the shuttle low and behind me.

Powerful smashes without applying too much power, I felt like I was using a 3U and only doing half smashes yet I always surprised myself with the power generated. I did a few heavy smashes and it was really powerful. Such an easy racket to play with. I am definitely considering it but I need to try the Spider 9900 ii first to compare or the K9.

#47 LenaicM, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    EdwinD, Tennyson and KWSKJP like this.
  8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Kawasaki had new products for 2020 release event, still no news for the rest of the world :/
    can someone figure out something from this:
    [​IMG]

Dhandapani likes this.
  9. Yves-bzh-29

Yves-bzh-29 Regular Member

Hi, Kawasaki Honor S6 and Kawasaki King K9 seems to have nearly the same specs so what is the main difference ?

10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

K9 is more like offensive beefy racket, way more dedicated to attack (but is more tame than previous version K8), S6 is way more double counter attack and control racket due to overall weight and profile.

Yves-bzh-29 likes this.
  11. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

how cool is that:

it would be so dope, if some one could translate? :)

Tennyson likes this.
  12. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    just the usual marketing jargon. Material from Toray Japan and stuff.
    Zero mention of the specs.

13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

anyway frame looks a bit out of this world, and it is interesting how they are reasoning it,
    can not wait to see how it really performs, some wait for that to happen still :/

14. Babar

Babar Regular Member

We can see the spec briefly on the cone of the racket in the video. 4/5 stiffness and 4/5 head-heavy balance

15. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Anyone try their strings. Specifically interested in ksb80, but interested to hear some general opinions.

Apologies for the posting in the wrong thread but thought I get a quicker respond here.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

16. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

KSB80 is quite nice to play with. Not overly repulsive and similar to Yonex BG65Ti hard feel except it is slightly thinner at 0.68mm with a coarse surface. The coating is a little vulnerable though. Would say KSB65Ti is the best Kawasaki string now.

Tennyson and Martynas like this.
  17. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Thanks. Is the ksb65ti their most repulsive string?

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

18. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

yea kbs65ti is very good string, as good as aerobites repulsive wise, but much more durable

19. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

KS65Ti is their most repulsive string to date. It has abit of the rough surface like BG85 and medium crispy feel, durability of the good old BG66 though it is 0.68mm.

Tennyson likes this.
  20. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member