APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Cos most beginners won't know how or don't have the strength to generate the power with the stiffer rackets.

2. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Just imagine hitting a shuttle with stiff racket is exactly like using a wooden plank which doesnt bend when you swing it. Using a flexible racket is like swinging a cane which will bend and then whips forward with force. However, because of the bending backward and forward movement, a flexible racket reacts slower to hit the racket compared to a stiff racket. This is why stiff rackets is able to produce shots with more accuracy in terms of direction.

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

The truth is stiffer doesnt mean better, same does with string tension.

What need to understand is that all thing have limit to what it can do, in this case shaft flex which add some more punch when swinging. With flex shaft, just a light swing would give good power, the stronger the swing power the greater the power bonus. But at some point, the additional bonus power is really insignificant or even no bonus at all. In simple, even if you become hulk & swing flex racket full power, doesnt mean the shuttle fly like a bullet. So, a well trained player tend to choose stiffer racket as they need more accuracy & the power boost come from flex is really insignificant compare to his own muscle.

Same goes for string tension.

4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

got myself commander pro, since it is too tempting to try the racket with which you can beat wr 2-5 pairs in one tournament, for just ridiculous price, black is much nicer and Shin is better than Ko :)

Tantrum likes this.
  5. yeerk21

yeerk21 New Member

florist
    shuttle stays on racket for longer before leaving

6. ThangPham

ThangPham New Member

Who can review tweet 8000, pls?? Power??

7. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    Could not resist.. Temptation was too strong.. Could not have been happier with my decision :D 20190910_225553_HDR.jpg

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

8. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

what? i thought ProCommander is 4U only?

9. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Please review! :D

10. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yea I had possibility to swing couple of times, but factory stringing is just crap and need to restring it, but it feels very very great, lots of speed, since frame is very thin and aero in some places, but at the same time feel is great as well, shaft could be a tad stiffer, but anyway very very capable racket

11. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    If i compare it to "mainstream" rackets i've used before, i'd say it plays like a stiffer version of the 3U YY AS11.
    The 3Us are definitely much stiffer than the 4Us and this is a legit medium-stiff racket even for Yonex's standard.
    I flex-compared these against my friends' rackets and the closest to compare to is the 3U Astrox 88D.
    It has a shorter shaft than AVP and AS11 (which may add to the "stiffness" - probably just psychological)
    The weight distribution is just right, i'd say even balance to slightly head heavy.
    You can feel just the right amount of head weight when you flick your wrist in overhead shots and backhand clears/ smash.
    The huge frame makes it a bit forgiving during mishits but you'll need skill, and a good wrist to generate a booming smash.
    Clears are good as expected (again - wrist action)
    Net play is the same as AVP.
    Drives and pushes are very solid and you can vary the pace with good control.
    Where this stands out the most is in shot placement. With some technique, the shuttle goes to where you'd want it to go.
    Coming from the AVP and H200, I took some time to adjust to my "deception" and flicks to get it right (and maybe due to my new strings not maturing and settling down yet - just a sorry excuse haha)
    All in all this is a very good doubles racket and playable in singles as well.

P.S.
    Though it has a huge sweet spot, it is not a beginner or lower intermediate's racket. Good wrist and pronation techniques are needed to get the most out of this.

Martynas likes this.
  12. ZDK1213

ZDK1213 Regular Member

IT professional
    I picked the 2 stiffest and similar feeling ones out of the current stock in the shop. :)

13. Kyoshinster

Kyoshinster New Member

Mind telling us where you got the 3U version? Hoping to get some to Canada...:(

14. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Yea it is one of the heck racket, its head is not that big, I would say more on the compact size, just a bit wider than js10, length is almost the same. Lots and lots of feel, very low torsion. power is there as well.

15. Kyoshinster

Kyoshinster New Member

Just got my Assailant Pro and Pro Commander 4UG2, feels like Yonex G4 grip which I need to get used to
    Contrary to what I been hearing about both being roughly the same - with Pro Commander having a slimmer shaft (which I knew) actually made a big difference in free swings with strings and all.
    Assailant Pro is matt-white finish while Pro Commander has gloss finish, nothing thick like some of the Yonex.
    Coming from a Victor switched to Yonex user, the decal quality sucks lol - crooked lettering and pretty sure "DOUBLE SPECIALIT" is missing a letter. I really don't mind at all, as long as the racket performs.
    Aesthetically reallllllyyyyyy liking Assailant Pro but I have a feeling Pro Commander might play better.
    Hope to use them this weekend and actually feel these rackets out.

16. Vincent604

Vincent604 Regular Member

Where do you buy apacs from in Canada?

17. Kyoshinster

Kyoshinster New Member

Far as I know there is an official apacs store for Canada but their website didnt carry any new products.
    You can order from the official apacs UK store too - just have to email them
    I ended up getting mine from direct badminton (also UK) as their price were cheaper. On the side note, their shipping was reasonable and fast, but their stringing sucked - asked for 28 lbs for two rackets but ended up with a 24lb and 27lb ish (but it was free/included so can’t complain too much)

18. dg-1984

dg-1984 Regular Member

Is there an Apacs racket chart anywhere?
    Too many rackets makes it impossible to chose a racket especially when you can't test them.

19. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Just go for the ones recommended in this chat group. Most reviews are quite accurate.

20. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Experts,

I need a racket recommendation. Requirements are 3U (88g+) head heavy stiff & cheap.
    My favorite rackets were APACS Lethal 70 & Tantrum 200/300. But finding it hard to source. Hence something similar.
    I play mostly doubles and with different partners. Clashes are bound to happen-Hence will not spent on something very expensive.

Thanks in advance.