Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Could be I don’t know cos this is the first time I went with bg80. All my days are with bg80 power and bg66um.

I am gonna try to gosen GT5 now once this string breaks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Nothing wrong with not knowing. Learn!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

3. BalajiSethuraman

What a crap am I playing for good 10 years and have not tried bg80.. I generally don’t experiment too much, if I am satisfied I am contented. I got too tempted with this bg80 since most of the people are raving about it and bg80power is a brother of it so, I thought of trying it.

Any good strings that u know that will go perfectly hand in hand with n9ii ?? I ordered gosen GT5 which is in offer now here in India. I am not sure how it is yet and how it will behave with n9ii

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    How about No. 1? I found it to basically be LN's version of 66UM but better durability. Been awhile since I used it but it does have better feeling and tension retention too.

5. BalajiSethuraman

Have tried it few times. It does give a better control and accurate shots but it lacks in power when comparing to bg80 power. Infact I tried it on my TC08c. IMHO LiNing No1 should be considered for yonex rackets where the control for the racket is not there.. LiNing by all itself are great rackets for control irrespective of strings you use. So I felt adding more control to already controlled racket for my TC08c.. so I decided to move out of No1.

TC08c now has the bg80power which is a perfect and deadly combination for plastic and feather shuttle.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  6. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hmmm interesting view. I've never really rated a racket on control before tbh. I've always been of the opinion that control is inherently a skill based factor more than equipment based. Granted I'm not saying that there is 0 effect from a racket. There just isn't a significant enough difference IMO that should truly impact one unless your skills are that of backyard swatting.

7. BalajiSethuraman

Trust me I have been an hardcore yonex fan for 9 years (all are 4u or 5u rackets voltrics) and since I moved to LiNing last year I sold all my yonex rackets (dont look me as fool lol). I am generally a player who dosent hit always and I always create an opportunity to either me or partner to smash and take the point. With Lining I found it great don’t ask me why, cos I don’t know why... perhaps because the lining balance point and weights are great when compared to yonex.

I now use all 3u lining rackets and they are much more maneuverable than yonex 4u or 5u.

That maneuverability gives more control over the shot. Try a 3U yonex and 3U LiNing side by side u would know the difference :)

Holyseraphy likes this.
  8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I've owned both for years rest assured. However the differences you describe are a bit vague. Especially since there are no model comparisons.

9. BalajiSethuraman

Well try zforce2 3u and n9ii. Here u will have to compare lions to lion.. the playability in n9ii is much more easy than zforce2.

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Uhm... No offence but I don't think anyone will agree there.

s_mair likes this.
  11. BalajiSethuraman

Yes I know ha ha ha.. cos no one will want to trash their fav racket..

Any this is just my perception or finding that I see lining more playing than yonex. I am not a lining fan earlier, coming from a yonex background it is a big statement I know.

May be I am not able to convey the feel that I get from LiNing..

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It's not about trashing your favourite racket. You just threw out 2 rackets with completely different characteristics to compare directly while trying to make a general point about the differences between both brands. Your choices for comparison aren't fair to either brand.

13. BalajiSethuraman

Well I didn’t throw it, I will call it as someone else deserved it better than me. I have not played with all the LiNing rackets but only with turbocharging series.. it suits my playing methods

I believe in the phrase that it’s not we choose the racket but the racket chooses you.

No offence to any yonex racket. I have not played with arcsaber at all in my life. So perhaps it could a better racket for me too nevertheless I am in lining now. I am have owned only voltrics so voltric 7 was my long standing racket for close to 3.5 years before I moved to LiNing.

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    However you want to call it isn't the point. It also doesn't matter that you have limited experience with only a few models. The issue is your blind generalisation of difference between both brands where by your only benchmarks are nothing alike as rackets go. That's what makes your opinion unfortunately incredible to the community. I don't want to discourage you from sharing at all. I just want you to see what the issue is with your statement.

15. BalajiSethuraman

Precisely as u said its only my benchmark. That’s why I said it’s my perception. I cant force that perception to others. Its a feel that one get to play with such rackets. I didn’t say that I will not go back to yonex either. Well looks like u got stuck in between understanding my statement and the reality.

All what i said was just my perception and no offence to any models.. that’s why I always say in my statement that it’s my perception pls do refer my earlier comments

16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Different balance, different stiffness, different head size, different frame profile. And those are measureable facts and have nothing to do with someone's perception. So that makes it more like a comparison between lion an a hyena.

17. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    I play with both zf2 3u and n9ii 3u.
    Apples and oranges

18. BalajiSethuraman

Which one is lion and which one is hyena?

19. BalajiSethuraman

I don’t understand one point all what I told is just my perception and things that suits my style of play. This is nothing to do with brands and its values.

For a super hard smasher zforce2 might be a great racket.

So there is no offence to any brand.. just leave this topic.. looks like We can’t say our perception also..

Let me know which strings suits better on n9ii I will give it a try to see..

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nobody said anything brand related. We are trying to show you that a comparison between two rather different rackets to make a point just doesn't make sense really. And if you didn't get the point by now, it's best we drop the subject and get back to topic.

I can't give you any recommendations when it comes to plastic shuttles though. They make even the best racket and strings feel bad and imo, they reduce the differences between several strings a lot. I'm pretty sure I couldn't tell the difference between a BG80P and LN1 in a blindfolded test with plastics - if I even managed to hit the shuttle, mind you. So if you liked BG80P, then stick with it. And if you really want to boost the feel to a whole different dimension, then switch to feather shuttles.

BalajiSethuraman likes this.