Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

If a 12 kg BG80 job lasts only a couple of hours, then something is up with your hitting technique. Either you're slicing like hell or you hit the shuttle off-center quite a lot. You might get the best effect if you spend some time to work on your technique and improve your precision. Cause honestly, the N9II and N7II are so damn close together spec wise, I can hardly believe that the tiny bit more flex of the N9II is indeed to blame for the lack of precision.

Saru, llrr and namcho like this.
  2. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Yes my technique isn’t refined enough to constantly it the smaller sweet spot caused by the tension, but as I’m doing weightlifting around 8h per week I need quite a high tension to feel comfortable

To me even if N9-ii and N7-ii are sisters they are quite different, one is heavier than the other (N9-ii), one is stiffer (N7-ii), same head balance but head weight is located at different place (3 and 9o clock for N9-ii, around the t joint for N7-ii…)
    So they have not the same behavior when playing at all, and even if my N9-ii are strung at 12kg with BG80, I'm much more accurate with my N7-ii strung with the same string at only 11,5kg

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    You make me feel sad. I wish I could break my strings...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Oh you shouldn’t! Need time and money to restring often...

Back to the topic, my next toys will be aeronaut 7000 and JS 12M 3U

Don’t think the aeronaut will be a good replacement as I’m a 3U guy, but it’s border 3U, quite stiff and has a nice head weight

JS 12M is the logical choice, played a lot with it’s 4U version and I was really happy with it, put aside it was a little too light. 3U version should be exactly what I’m looking for, never tried it before because I was able to buy N9-ii 40€ cheaper

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Weightlifting movements only or powerlifting and / or volume based work? :p

6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

As I’m naturally a small frame guy I’m more into volume based work, 8 to 12 reps for an exercise. But recently I tried to add some strength work as I was stagnating

swsh likes this.
  7. Kingkat

Kingkat Regular Member

i'm using 3u bs12/4u 88s, and i enjoy both rackets a lot. The 88s is an absolute speed demon, and the bs12 feels very comfortable on my hand. However, lately ive been wanting a little bit more power and control when playing singles. The N9ii seemed like an obvious choice, but when i played with it i struggled a lot with controlling my shots for some reason (i dont suffer the same thing with my BS12 or 88s). Now i'm looking at either the 7000 or 7000b, but maybe the boost version will suit me more because of the mid stiff shaft but boxy frame.

8. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

RIP.
    N9II was hit by a N90II...
    Left and right handed player, middle shot and both trying to smash.
    Mine was being hit, cracked at 5/7 position.

And his was merely scratched.

Not sure if I'm willing to spend more on racket, probably use my last N9ii and after it break, I'll simply return to my 4u vtzf1 or dzs

9. Luqmanakim

Luqmanakim Regular Member

High School Student
    Hi guys,

After reading the reviews here, I'm 75% sure of picking up this racquet.
    Just came back from the shop and I am actually torn between the TC 75 and the TC 75 Drive.
    I checked the official website (link below), it shows that the bp for Drive is higher (more head heavy if Im not mistaken?)
    More inclined for the normal TC 75 but just afraid that there's lack of power compared to the Drive.
    The Drive could be a better fit for me as Im used to playing with head heavy racquets (and generally prefer them over light ones).

Which do you guys feel is a better fit for me coming from the Astrox 88D ?
    As a current user of Astrox 88D (have both 3u and 4u) and loving it so far, just wondering whether I can find a lighter racquet but with close enough power to the 88D.

A few other questions for those who have the TC75/N9II and Astrox 88D.
    Which one is stiffer?
    Which one generates more power?
    Which one is easier to drive and defend?

http://li-ning.my/turbo-charging/

I've only used one Li-ning racquet in my life which was the Woods N90, but that was too sluggish for me.
    Previous racquets (if it helps)
    - Zforce 2
    - Zforce 1
    - Voltric 80
    - AT900P

Sorry for the long post, but this really has been bothering me and I can't find a friend who has a N9ii for me to borrow and try before buying.

10. Tec07

Tec07 Regular Member

I can tell you the 88d is a lot stiffer than the n9ii mate, would be more powerful than the n9ii in the right hands but the n9ii has easier power i find.. i moved to a 3u 88s a few weeks ago and just couldnt get used to it, the extra stiffness just hurt my shoulder and i just couldnt generate the power i can with the n9ii so i sold it and went straight back to li ning! Best racket ive used as an all rounder bar none

11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Turbocharging 75D as a higher BP but also is stiffer AND is a 4U! It will not play at all like the original N9ii

You shouldn’t be concerned by the power N9ii / turbocharging 75 delivers, it is one of the most powerful racquet I ever used and i used bags of racquets, including voltric 80. The only drawback of this racquet is its lack of accuracy, which is normal since it is only mid stiff and with decent head weight. If you can cope with more flexibility than the racquets you’re used to then you will love every bit of this racquet!

12. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Curious to know from other fellow people.. I stung my n9ii with BG80 @27 lbs, after i stung i tested with stringster app ( I tested multiple times, racket hitting the stings method and hitting against the palm method). To my surprise the app says the strings are dead!! at 15.8 lbs. now thats annoying since the string tension is quite evident for me and it was tight!!. i was playing with that and felt either its lacking in the crisp sound or power! even if i hit the sweet spot i see the sound is not evident! (natually with the clears as well) not even close the BG66UM or BG80 power sound. Immediately i changed my racket to TC08c which is stung with BG80 Power (racket felt like a baby in hand with mis hits, thats different story) and clears had good sound.. (the TC08c was stung more than a month ago) :(

Note that this is my first time with BG80.. i am used to only BG80 power and BG66UM

I feel i lost the power in the racket. the first day smash power is not there now. something is wrong i feel.. any ideas or pointers or have anyone felt like this?

[​IMG]

#1392 BalajiSethuraman, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  13. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer
    Are you playing with plastics? In my experience bg 80.doesnt give much power with plastics..I have an arc7 strung with bg80 at 26 pounds that gives me shoulder pain.

14. BalajiSethuraman

Yes plastics yonex Mavis 350, is that strange for n9ii ?

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There are two options imo:
    1) The stringster measurement is bullsh*t (which happens with certain racket/string combinations)
    2) you've messed up that string job big time

A real 15.8 lbs. job should feel soft like a fishing net, so it should be easy to judge if that is even remotely a correct measurement or not.

Regarding the hitting sound... no offense, but plastics always sound dull and you never get a truely crisp and powerful sound from them. But at least, there is no reason why BG80 should sound that much more dull compared to a BG80P or BG66UM. The combination of a hard feeling string like BG80 with plastics is for most players not optimal and you're experienced loss of power might be due to that.

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  16. Drive Warrior

Drive Warrior Regular Member

Engineer
    Never used n9ii but ive used bg 80 in few rackets and its hard to play with it on plastic in those tensions. With plastics Peak power output is also less than bg80 power.

17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Regardless which string and tension, playing plastics and smashing like a berzerk will always sound like a silent fart. I played from time to time with the junior teams to prepare them for the league games and tournaments or teach doubles positioning and even BG80 and every other string I used up to 31lbs sound like I was hitting with a factory strung racket. Try to measure the ping. Not a clear statement of tension, but much more consistent in results. If you hit it at around 900Hz Stringer is right.

s_mair likes this.
  18. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Most likely cause for weird Stringster numbers is using some cheap Android phone, their microphones are just rubbish. iPhones tend to report more consistent results. This observation is based 2 iPhone owners and 4 Android owners cross-testing rackets with Stringster app.

19. BalajiSethuraman

Mine is iPhone 8 Plus. I tried few times with many combinations and it didn’t work. The moment I take my TC08c (stung with bg80 power) and try to test it works..

Initially I kinda suspect the iPhone but after few tries and with my other rackets I see iPhone is not a problem..

Well to others I have been playing with plastics only but it also sounds nice (though not up to the mark of feather) with bg66um and bg80power. My friend play with zymax, lining and bg65. They all sound nice as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I'm frankly not surprised. BG80 is a very hard string and doesn't flex much especially when trying to ping it. Especially given your tension is already boderlining the high tension range. Plus BG80 has a notoriety for sounding like crap with plastics because it just refuses to yield to striking nylon shuttles.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk