Recommendation for balanced/head heavy and stiff/extra stiff racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dekkert, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi guys,

Could you please recommend or comment on some rackets? I play singles, doubles and mixed equally and I'm mostly an attacking player, who also likes to play technical, trickshots and fast shots. I always play with BG80 @ 32/33 pounds. The rackets I enjoyed were YY MP99, YY Armortec 500, YY Armortec 900P, Victor SW35, Victor Meteor JJS and YY DZS; all 3U. There was a long time I played with the SW35 and even applied some lead tape at 10 and 2 to make it more head heavy. Later I tried to copy the Yonex Rotational Generator System by also applying lead tape at the grip bottom. I think it worked, but made the racket quite heavy overall. Lately I removed much of the lead tape as it slows me too much. I still use this racket mostly for singles.

I briefly had an Astrox 77, but got a 4U by accident. It felt too light and most importantly too flexible. I really like my DZS. It's a bit head heavy and really stiff. Lately I'm using my MP99 again and enjoy it very much in doubles. It's similar to the DZS.

Last week I tried a Astrox 99 4U for a few reallies, and although I might be able to get used to it, it kinda felt whippy to me. Probably too whippy. Long time ago I also tried a ZF2 3U, but somehow it's too sluggish for me.

I'm always itching to buy a new racket and since I'm enjoying my DZS and MP99 again I know I want a solid, (extra)stiff racket that has a slightly head heavy balance. I can always make it a bit more head heavy using lead tape. Stiffness is most important. So I had a few rackets in mind that might fit my preferences, however I am not in the position to try them. I was thinking about:
    • Duora 8XP: 3U Similar to DZS but little bit cheaper? Is it quite stiff?
    • Astrox 88S/D 3U: I really think these rackets suit me, but afraid they are too whippy like the AX99.
    • Nanoflare 800: Some reviews say it has a (slight) head heavy balance (around 300 mm), is stiff and fast. Sounds like the ideal racket.
    • Mizuno Fortius 10 Power: Have no idea. Does it come in 3U? Ahsan is my favorite player ;)
    • Mizuno JPX LTD Attack (new): probably no reviews yet.
    I don't like Forza, as they are annoying to string. Li-Ning is really expensive and as I have read not as stiff as other brands. So, if you guys could help me out a bit, I would appreciate it. Cheers!

2. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    8xp is ample stiff, dead even balance and quite fast. Due to its head weight it's stiffness plays in range of dzs. It's not too headlight either, you always feel the head. And it is plenty fast for doubles too. If I had a choice, my money would have been on 8xp.

3. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    victor hypernano 900

4. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    seconded

5. shreyas666

shreyas666 Regular Member

chief mis-information officer
    Little more background into my experience with 8xp. I use it with zstrike 2u and zf2 3u. Stiffness is not the thing I feel lacking in 8xp. It's the headweight. Otherwise, semi compact head offers wonderful swing feedback. But your only complaint will be, that it is a no frills racket. It's a plain racket, stiff and even balanced and it gets the work done, it's a grinder. You have to give it time, understand the capability and then wield it.