VICTOR CHINA Open 2019 - DRAW

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

upload_2019-8-27_19-10-25.png
    17-22 September 2019

upload_2019-8-27_19-9-38.png

The draw is already out, three weeks ahead to third Super 1000 event in 2019. Three notable top guns, Viktor Axelsen, Shi Yu Qi and three-time World Champion Carolina Marin are expected to return in this star-studded event.

DRAW : - https://extranet.bwfbadminton.com/d...DRAW _Updated Tuesday, 27th August 2019_.XLSX
    - https://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draws.aspx?id=DF741C60-B3F8-4377-834F-D8376E7B53DC

MEN'S SINGLES
    • Two-time World Champion Kento Momota has local superstar Lin Dan in opening round to progress. An unfavourable draw for Lin who needs many ranking point for his Tokyo 2020 ambition. Top echelon players, Danish ace Axelsen, Asian Games Champion Jonatan Christie and reigning Olympic Champion also occupy top section of draw.
    • Home leading man Shi YQ who's doubted about his fully recovery after underwent surgery last month will find Indian challenger in last sixteen, Basel world meet bronze medalist or Srikanth Kidambi. Defending champion Anthony Ginting must face Japan resilient obstacle Kenta Nishimoto at first round. Second seed Chou Tien Chen should be wary to his second round rival Kantaphon Wangcharoen before likely set up a meeting with Basel runner-up Anders Antonsen in last eight.

WOMEN'S SINGLES
    • A premature big match will pit the Olympic Champion Carolina Marin versus former world champion Nozomi Okuhara. Marin had missed the competition eight months and she also taking part in Vietnam Open Super 100 prior to Changzhou. The possible showdown between Akane Yamaguchi against Ratchanok Intanon will be one of most anticipated match in quarters.
    • On bottom-half draw, newly crowned World Champion Pusarla Sindhu has big chance to meet home favourite Chen Yu Fei in last eight while Tai Tzu Ying is slated to face Saina Nehwal at same round.

DOUBLES CATEGORIES
    • World number one pair Gideon/Sukamuljo will take on tricky opponents very early, Hoki/Kobayashi who managed silver medal in Basel couple of days ago then Korean combination Choi SG/Seo SJ or 2014 World Champion Ko SH/Shin BC at last sixteen. World Champions Ahsan/Setiawan are drawn at lower half draw alongside with Li JH/Liu YC, Endo/Watanabe and title-holders Astrup/Rasmussen
    • Women's doubles top-seed Matsumoto/Nagahara and Chen QC/Jia YF become pre tournament favourites who will meet in semifinal with Korean dangerous duo Kim SY/Kim HE may derail the plot. Second seed Matsutomo/Takahashi must be alert for their opening round test, Li WM/Zheng Y.
    • The lethal mixed doubles combination Zheng SW/Huang YQ are scheduled to face Jordan/Oktavianti in quarterfinal then oppossing either Watanabe/Higashino or Korean lefthanders Seo SJ/Chae YJ in semis.
    • More complicated scenario in bottom half section, Wang YL/Huang DP once again occupy have opportunity to meet nemesis Puavaranukroh/Taerattanchai. 5th seed Chan PS/Goh LY will be challenged by Korean independent pair Ko SH/Eom HW at first, the Korean independent pair bagged two Super 100 titles currently, Canada Open and Akita Masters.

pp35, It'sMeMeMe, visor and 5 others like this.
  2. Matthew Evan

Matthew Evan Regular Member

So many interesting match during the firt two days off the tournament.Minion have very tough path if they want to win this tournament

3. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

I think minions have the hardest draw. Let's see if they can bounce back.
    Carolina Marin is unseeded here and makes a good 1st round match vs NO

4. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Momota vs Lin Dan at the first round in 2018 in China Open and Hong Kong Open.

And now China Open 2019 again. I don't think it's a coincidence. It's clear that the host want to attract as many people as possible.

Anks likes this.
  5. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

well well well, Chen Long vs Lee Zii Jia in opening round...

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LiLiu vs HeTan again lol..I dont think they can do like what they did in CO last year.

7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    The best thing about the draw is that all my favourite Champions are in there...This will be a much exciting Tournament for me SYQ,PVS,CM,Li/Liu and FukuRota

My Pre Match Views

MS - I expect the legend of legends who inspires the Champions 5 Times WC and 2 OG CHAMP ,Lin Dan to be on court again against the Two times world champ Kento Momota,To give treat to his fans and bless the young Champ with the honour of standing in front of his greatness

As far as the eventual result is concerned I Strongly Believe My Favourite hero the WC Silver Medalist,All England Champ and The First player to ever win the WTF Finals since its inception Will eventually hold the title and I expect it to be the rematch of WTF Finals 2018 where SYQ DESTROYED Momota easily with I think 21-12/21-11 So future Olympic Gold favourite SYQ is some one the Present World champ needs to look out for

WS-
    I expect this one to be very tough because my joint fav Carol is back on the court after surgery and as her best friend Sindhu already winning the world tittle.The duo of the MOST Prolific Major Queens is up for serious business and as they dont like being beaten by anyone but amongst themselves and their Class...it will be hard for the rest of the girls to stop these two.

WD - After getting their 3rd WC Silver Medal Im sure my favs FukuRota are gona be on fire to avenge all these silvers from their compatriot Pair. But we can expect the All Japan finals as the CHN pair and former WC seem to struggle lately but they are the Former Champs for a reason so you never know..but i think FukuRota will finally win the tittle.

MD - My Favs the Former World Champions Li/Liu will be on fire after not displaying the best of them at this years Thai Open and World Championships though unlike many failed top players the Former WChamps secured BRONZE but I have full faith in Li/Liu that they are up for some serious revenge and they are gonna come back stronger against the Japanese pairs...They are WORLD CHAMPS for a reason and FUTURE OG MEDALIST.

XD-
    Though not intrested in this but I think the Chinese Pair will win...Dont think anyone can compete against the Future OG Gold Medalist.

Thats all from my side.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

How do you know the organizer, or for that matter any tournament organizer, can manipulate the draw? Frankly, there are several occasions in different tournaments where I am suspicious of the draw.

#8 Justin L, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  9. Gacon1234star

Gacon1234star Regular Member

I always wonder why no tournament that has Japanese WD to 4 sections, maybe to prevent all country affair in semi final

10. minions

minions Regular Member

The last time it happened were in Korea Open and Chinese Taipei Open last year, involving 4 JPN WDs.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  11. kurako

kurako Regular Member

I feel quite sorry for Hoki Takuro as far as the draw is considered. As early as R1, he will be facing the No. 1 seeds in both of the disciplines he has been entered for..., just when he was hoping that he and Kobayashi could start to threaten the other Japanese MDs for a place in the Olympics.

Here's hoping that the draw for the Korean Open will be kinder.

#11 kurako, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Michael V, rhoder and trizzforce like this.
  12. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So shiok mouth watering. They shd redraw for those same country matches on first round. Toggling to play with top or second seeds. At least give them a chance to beat the seeds and not flying all the way just to play countrymen. Bwf just plain lazy.

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    it's not a team tournament. where a player/pair is from is irrelevant.

administering a tournament draw is the only thing i can think of that bwf does correct, technically speaking. :rolleyes:

Anks likes this.
  14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Am sure you or anyone doesnt like to play your own countrymen in 1st round correct? A bit if common sense. Do you like it if cl play ld in first round or minions playing ina 3rd pair or viktor vs antonsen in 1st round?

15. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i've played tournaments where 90% of the entrants are from my country. what then? let's say a player is moved to avoid same country, causing you to play the #1 seed instead of an unseeded player... how would you feel?
    yep. i don't care because i understand it's an individual tournament, not a team tournament. the players don't care either.

the draw system is unbiased, which is way more important than fan happiness.

the current infrastructure is what confuses/causes fans to think in terms of 'team'. nobody has these issues w/ other individual sports like tennis, golf, or beach volleyball, right? why is that? badminton is run via the team structure due to the lack of money in the sport.

players cannot earn enough from badminton to support themselves in badminton, so they have to be on a team that pays for everything.

#15 samkool, Aug 30, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    pp35, Cheung, Anks and 1 other person like this.
  16. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

So you're implying draws are manipulated? o_O

I personally don't believe it is but I'm curious to know what makes you believe so.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Iirc wasn't there some rule that avoided same country clashes in R1? Only for bwf events?

18. minions

minions Regular Member

That rule has been abolished since World Tour era, I think.

nilesh123 likes this.
  19. pradeep chand

pradeep chand Regular Member

how did mathais boe get an entry in china open when his rank is 81

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I am surprised you have forgotten.

That used to happen in the 1990's. Then they got rid of it and apart from the seeds, made it fully random. To be honest, not having same country matches in first round sounds attractive on paper but when you had a strong country like China in the late 90's you have to think who are you benefiting. The game has to be bigger than a draw that favours a country.

nilesh123, samkool and LenaicM like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.