TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Sorry PVS Your WORLD CHAMPION Destroyed Okuhara as gillian mentioned There has NEVER been such a one sided WC Finals EVER in the History of Badminton...And NO ONE Including The Former World Champion and PVS best friend Would have posed any challenge to PVS ....PVS came with full determination unlike the Dane MS who came with a flag for he knew He wont be able to boast it later haha.

And Just Like the World Champion Slaughtered NO on the court MS Champion Butchered the Dane in the similar fashion...It was a One sided affair.

Dane Knew he was coming in to lose after a lucky win against the less in form Thai Youngster in semis !

But Congrats At least you got a silver..I think Dane boy should be happy with it and should come back stronger but the WORLD CHAMPION is a WORLD CHAMPION for a Reason means He is the best contender for the Olympic Medal next year !

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Pure speculation. And Marin in top form after am ACL tear? The odds are against it judging from how few get back back to top form after such an injury. Like none so far.

nilesh123 likes this.
  3. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Are you serious? The other day you wrote you loved the Danish players.. yet now you are belittling one and laughing at him. He wore the flag out of respect for the Danish team (and fans) who had helped him reach the finals. Most things can be viewed from different perspectives.
    And the "youngster" KW is, for your information, only 1½ year younger than AA.

The venue "contributed" to PVS's superiority. I am not saying it was a deciding factor. And yes, Marin would have destroyed CYF and NO in similar fashion.

And you can step down from Caps Lock now.

4. Hassefar60

True, speculation. Yet what all the so called badminton experts (former players) are saying, at least on Danish TV (And they predicted Sindhu's victory for those reasons).
    And by Marin in top form I of course meant the form she was in before her injury. I don't remember which tournament it was, but no long before her injury she did look unbeatable. I realise that returning to that level is not guaranteed.

5. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I don't think that Antonsen was lucky against Wangcharoen though.
    From my observation, the Dane played very strongly and efficiently during the semifinal stage. He was certain that he can finish it in two games and did it. His skill and game play is nothing to be underestimated of, and I think he played super well against Chen Long. In any case, I don't think luck played a role in the SF match.

Hassefar60 likes this.
  6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I love Danish players and You cant stop me from loving my all time fav danes like Camilla Martin...You know why i Love Camilla martin,PG,Boe etc ? Cause they played like CHAMPIONS they displayed the game which would turn anyone into their fan.

Sorry but I never belittled The young Dane the truth is the thai youngster did mke some errors due to which Antonsen got lucky to play the current unbeatable Momota and you may not like to hear it but then what can I do.

Also The day AA wins and plays with as enthusiasm as he shows in his Youtube Channel He will probably find his name on the list the LEGEND DANES that I love.

You Have to EARN the LOVE of global community and when ppl from other countries love you for your game Thats the sign of a TRUE CHAMPION...which currently only VA has.

had it been VA vs AA im sure you would still have witnessed the court slaughter by the brave Former WORLD CHAMPION the OLYMPIC Bronze medalist One of the current fav in Denmark Players...You may not like it but AA would need to work VERY HARD to achieve wht VA and other great danes have.

Sorry I say what I Mean...And You dont Own The world champions so If I love former Dane champions I Love them and No Dane or Chinese or japanese can ask me not to.

7. Hassefar60

I agree with everything you wrote except this. Calling a 21-15 21-10 victory lucky is just ridiculous. Regardless of how the points are scored. And yes, I did watch the match.

j4ckie likes this.
  8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Luck of the draw also matters. In 2016 Marin had a problem against Nozomi Okuhara and Tai Tzu Ying, both of them were on Sindhu's side of the draw. Marin would not have won the Olympic gold if she had to play Okuhara who remains her nemesis.

In 2013 Ratchanok Intanon had a problem against Wang Shixian and Wang Yihan both players were beaten by Sindhu. Ratchanok wouldn't have won gold if she had to play either of those 2 Chinese players.

mohans and arjevo like this.
  9. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thai Youngsters as per me Made several disaaterous errors so I thought he got punished by AA for tht and eventually won..I do believe the Thai wangchorein Has a very bright future.

and Yes If AA wins an OG or WC in future as i said last time about Mia I will be the firs one to Congratulate you and bow down to these young danes like i do for VA,CM,PG.

And Im sorry if I Offended you though...But Remember my words Players need to display the serious SPORTSMEN Spirit which I found lacking in AA because To me It was a disgraceful performance at WC Final and why I Say that Because the standard the Denmark legends hae set It was a mockery of it.

VA is still my Current favourite in Dane department AA sorry..Even Mia played well defeating the Former World no.1 Saina nehwal see thats the dane standard of players who work hard Guess AA need lessons from VA and Mia

10. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Im sorry I dont believe in Luck Except in FINALS Or SEMI FINALS

If in 2020 TTY vs PVS happens nd TTY AGAIN loses to Sindhu what will it be called then ?

I think this Mental block of losing at verge s very important to get past through and PVS has done that by Becoming the World Champion in the record One sided Game ever at World Championship.

It will be a crucial year next year for TTY and i hope she secures at least an Olympic Medal before retiring or it will be shame to her status as its her dream also...I wish her best of luck.

11. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    I think AA was not patient... probably overawed by occasion and therefore could not anticipate KM smashes and which direction KM is playing the shuttle

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

12. Hassefar60

Yes, draw of luck is definitely a thing! The examples are good, but speculation ( see what I did there? :p ).

Definitely, he had to be. He would have lost on stamina.

Most interesting statement of the year.

So you believe that when KW made errors that AA capitalised on and "eventually won" 21-10, it was luck. When KM then played an exhausted AA in the final, KM was not lucky to meet a non-functioning opponent. Instead AA showed poor sportsmanship for a disgraceful performance. (KM would probably have beaten any version of AA).

I fail to see how this was a disgraceful performance. It was a very poor performance but any other game plan would have led to certain loss; maybe a better score but certain loss.

To me, a disgraceful performance is something entirely different. The CHN vs. CHN MD matches are a good example.

#1032 Hassefar60, Aug 26, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Yoji likes this.
  13. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

You can't praise Mia for her performance and belittle AA for his. That's just not logical. Mia went to 1/4 finals and performed extremely well I agree. But so did AA. He reached the finals and while he totally went astray during the actual final he still climbed his way to the top of the tournament. It's a big performance, bigger than Mia's one. Both deserve praising.

I'm not a fan of AA either but he is having an amazing year performance wise and it has to be acknowledged.

It'sMeMeMe, Cheung and Hassefar60 like this.
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    We get lots of experts (and arguments) like this on badminton forum as well. Some people get very emotional about it. LOL. Good discussion topic on TV and for viewers.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

"But listen, I don't like player X, so here are 3 completely subjective and/or made up reasons why he's not as good as his successes would indicate, and here are 3 more as to why my favorite player is the best, although I cant find a consistent logic that would support both statements"

nilesh123 and yuquall like this.
  16. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Tai Tzu Ying is PV Sindhu's biggest nemesis and has a H-H 10-5. Sindhu's grit, determination and hunger to win helped her prevail in this WC. Sindhu has improved her net play, improved defence, improved attack and has added deception. She still has to work on improving these skills and we will see an improved Sindhu in 2020 Olympics.

samkool and Anks like this.
  17. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Sindhu has to be careful for Tokyo.

Although Sindhu won convincingly,
    let's not forget that Carolina was not there and Akane was probably not 100% fit.

In addition:
    TTY, Nozomi and CYF will be determined for revenge.

She can't afford to take it too lightly.

badmuse likes this.
  18. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Sindhu is a name that all players should look upto to gain confidence and learn how inspirational her story is how she was heckled by the media as "Silver Girl" and and yesterday to an interview to Bwf she said "I let my raquet do the talking My Gold is an answer to those who questioned me"

TTY and all other girls may defeat her in minor tournaments but they better be preared for Sindhu is the name of storm the Queen of Major Tournaments...She will give her best with best use of her height,attack,defence and eevrythin we saw...PV Sindhu is Undoubtedly the Current Best In the world...With that type of form Im sorry even TTY will find it hard like she did in Olympics Sindhu Sent Tai home in straight sets.

So Lets hope for the best..for TTY and see how the other girls handle the present Stormy World Champion at he best.

badmuse likes this.
  19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Mate..CM even if she comes back will be not agile she will be like present LXR her injury is so severe thay we may neevr see the fast marin again.

AY cant beat PVS easily hope you remember how PVS snatched the silver from AY from 18-12 down at WC 2018 in second set.

Sindhu and her coach Miss Kim Ji hyun are a perfect combination of Storm for other girls she is Fortunate to have a coach like Kim who is a mother figure to her always shouting and loving her and boosting her morale...I have never seen a coach this close and loving to a player a if they come together as mom and daughter.

No Wonder she asked the mic especially to thanks Miss Kim the first person she thanked and ofcorse AE Champ Gopichand and all he team.

20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

top 5 or top 6 women's single is further and further away than the rest.

About early this year, I see Chen Yufie leveled up, then Akane Yamaguchi leveled up, and now Sindhu.

This will lead to a result that the semi-final in future will be the number 1-2-3-4 for sure. Never have a dark horse in a big tournament for a long time for sure ^-^

This is good or bad, to you

samkool and badmuse like this.