TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : R/64 - Quarterfinal (19-23 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    This Thai guy is speedy and good. Dark horse.

trizzforce likes this.
  2. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So JC is injured. No wonder the movement is so labored. cant even jump smash.

already noticed that against KM in JO final.

Oh geez so many injuries in MS

3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Not a dark horse! Thai pair and Japan pair is the number 3 and 4 on top ranking and they also the third seed and fourth seed in this tournament.

4. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I hope Ahsan & Setiawan play their best and go for gold because I felt they only used 90-95% of their energy/strength in two previous finals (2019 Indonesia Open and 2019 Japan Open) against minions.

Maybe my observation is off but I felt if their opponents were from another country, they would have fought valiantly.

I mean look at the way they play in the Australian Open and especially at this year's All England. Hendra was visibly injured yet they fought hard and won gold against opponents 10-15 years (I don't know Chia/Soh's ages) younger than them.

That performance was very inspiring!

5. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think he meant Kantaphon

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I don't think they were holding back against minions. It was just both pairs knew each other game so well that minions somehow played better in keeping Ahsan/Hendra from performing their best. Or vice versa. Both Ahsan and Hendra could read and anticipate Kevin's move which usually would have surprised a different opponents.

7. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well if AhsanHendra can play like that when they are injured , I dont see how they wont win the WC when they are healthy.

8. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Do you have any reference to claim or is it just your opinion? During match yesterday he was not given opportunities to jump smash thanks to very high clears by opponent. And even if he is given smash opportunities he can only jump smash during first game. From second game on he is smashing like women - without jumping.

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh no, really?
    What happened

10. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed

Christie said it in the post match interview.

strange, you noticed he suddenly smash like a women in G2 - wIthOuT jUmPIng- then questioned the claim.

I wonder if he had taken an estrogen injection between the game to play like women or what:D

#1650 BojepJoe, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. super-g

super-g Regular Member

He is always playing like that. Running and jump smashing everything in game 1. In game 2 he is already too tired to jump anymore. If you count his jump smashes in every match he has more of them in game 1 than in game 2 and 3 combined.

12. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

Jonatan Christie belum berhasil melangkahkan kaki ke babak semifinal World Championships 2019. Tunggal putra unggulan empat tersebut sudah harus kalah di babak perempat final dari Sai Praneeth (India), Jumat (23/8). Jonatan kalah dua game langsung dengan skor 22-24, 14-21 dalam waktu 51 menit.

Laga ketat sempat membayangi Jonatan dan Sai pada babak pertama. Meski tertinggal 19-20, Jonatan terus berusaha merebut game pertamanya. Poin sempat berbalik menjadi 21-20. Namun akhirnya, Jonatan harus merelakan kemenangannya kepada lawan.

“Puji Tuhan nggak kenapa-kenapa sampai selesai. Tapi cukup disayangkan juga tadi. Memang saya akui dari awal main sempat ragu dalam menerapkan pola main dan strategi. Beberapa kali juga Sai Praneeth mengambil kesempatan itu,” kata Jonatan usai laganya di St. Jakobshalle Basel, Swiss.

“Cukup disayangkan saat poin 22-22 saya ada problem sedikit di engkel, sekali sempat bunyi. Karena sebelumnya ada pengalaman seperti itu juga jadi sempat trauma juga,” ujar Jonatan.

Beranjak ke game dua, Jonatan tak bisa berbuat banyak. Ia tertinggal jauh 3-11 dari Sai. Jonatan sempat mendekatkan poin menjadi 12-15. Namun akhirnya ia mengakui keunggulan Sai dengan skor 14-21.

“Jadi di game kedua tadi tempo permainan saya sedikit kendor. Karena memang agak ngilu kalau buat reflek. Apalagi kalo bola-bola jauh, biasanya kan kita harus maksa. Tapi tadi benar-benar kalau reflek sedikit, sudah berasa,” kata Jonatan.

“Sebenarnya dari Indonesia Open sudah berasa saat lawan Vittinghus, kaki sebelah kiri. Waktu itu juga sempat bunyi. Sampai saat bertanding di Jepang juga dalam kondisi seperti itu. Tapi Puji Tuhan bisa mengatasai dengan baik. Tapi ini H-2 berangkat kena kaki kanan. Cuma nggak sampai bunyi, jadi saya pikir nggak masalah,” jelasnya lagi.

Kekalahan ini sekaligus memupuskan target awal tunggal putra untuk ke semifinal. Jonatan mengaku cukup kecewa dengan hasil yang diperolehnya.

“Sebenarnya cukup disayangkan, karena ini merupakan salah satu target saya juga. Apalagi kemarin pelatih sudah bilang targetnya ke semifinal. Dan sebenarnya tinggal satu langkah lagi saya menginjakkan ke semifinal. Tapi ternyata harus sampai di sini. Tetap bersyukur. Kedepannya fokus dulu buat memulihkan kaki dulu, karena ini sudah yang kedua kalinya. Jangan sampai karena targetnya ke Olimpiade, tapi pas Olimpiadenya justru masalahnya terulang lagi. Kekalahan ini bisa dibilang 50-50 karena kaki dan ragu-ragunya saya. Di game pertama saya akui sempat ragu dalam menerapkan strategi,” tutup Jonatan. (*)

-------------------

Jonatan Christie has not managed to set foot into the semifinal round of the 2019 World Championships. The fourth seeded men's singles have lost in the quarter-finals to Sai Praneeth (India), Friday (23/8). Jonatan lost two straight games with a score of 22-24, 14-21 in 51 minutes.

Tight game had overshadowed Jonatan and Sai in the first round. Although 19-20 behind, Jonatan continued to try to win his first game. Points had turned back to 21-20. But finally, Jonatan had to give up his victory to the opponent.

"Thank God it's okay to finish. But it's quite unfortunate earlier too. Indeed, I confess from the beginning to play had hesitated in applying patterns and strategies. Several times also Sai Praneeth took the opportunity, "said Jonatan after his game on St. Jakobshalle Basel, Switzerland.

"It's quite unfortunate when there are 22-22 points I have a slight problem on the ankle, once it sounds. Because previously there was an experience like that, so I was traumatized too, "said Jonatan.

Moving on to game two, Jonatan couldn't do much. He was far behind 3-11 from Sai. Jonatan had the points closer to 12-15. But finally he recognized the superiority of Sai with a score of 14-21.

"So in the second game the tempo of my game was a little slack. Because it is rather painful when it comes to reflexes. Especially if the balls are far, usually we must force. But it was really a little reflexes, it has taste, "said Jonatan.

"Actually, from the Indonesian Open it was felt when the opponent Vittinghus, left foot. At that time also had a sound. Until when competing in Japan also in such conditions. But Praise God can handle well. But this D-2 departs with the right foot. It didn't just sound, so I thought it didn't matter, "he explained again.

This defeat also eliminated the initial target of the men's singles to go to the semifinals. Jonatan admitted that he was quite disappointed with the results he obtained.

"Actually it's quite unfortunate, because this is one of my targets too. Especially yesterday the coach had said the target to the semifinals. And actually just one more step I set to the semifinals. But apparently it must reach here. Remain grateful. In the future, focus first on restoring your feet first, because this is the second time. Do not let it because the target is to go to the Olympics, but when it comes to Olympics the problem is repeated again. This defeat is arguably 50-50 because of my legs and hesitation. In the first game I admit I was hesitant in implementing the strategy, "concluded Jonatan. (*)

https://badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8369

fnd80 likes this.
  13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Your weak-era theory again, groundless. So in tennis, the Big Three, Federer, Raphael and Djokovic, dominating the grand slams for 17 years since 2002 must be very weak era indeed.:rolleyes:

skhai91, mohans and j4ckie like this.
  14. extremenanopowe

Any live link? Yes. Kantaphon is the fastest.

15. wade

wade Regular Member

So you think he's making an excuse/lying ?

16. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Sindhu was playing 4 corners, it's a right tactic to me because Chen Yufie was so tired by yesterday's match.

17. extremenanopowe

Bwf shd ban on game coaching. Remove the coaches like tennis. Annoying.

18. extremenanopowe

Sindhu already winning so much and yet the coach korean still mumbling. I think gopichand must be damn annoyed. I am a coach and it is annoying.

Same goes to japanese coach yesterday causing the game let.

19. azerez

azerez Regular Member

no drift hall for sindhu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.