Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Why the animosity btw Loh and ors. I know Loh to be a nice gentleman in the forum. Anyways with regard to LCW and LD I can only offer advice from the Zen Masters, "the past does not exist, the future does not exist....only the present is the true reality". As master Oogway sums it up "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present"

Anks likes this.
  2. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

LCW moved on.....so should everyone here.... come on

Cheung likes this.
  3. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Please Can someone direct me to LCW group ?

Was watching LCW vs CL at WC 2014 and realize that LCW didnt have this silver added in his medal list and then furthermore research made me aware he used drugs during those times :eek:

I wish to interact with his superfans about the doping phase when he was stripped off his silver medal and what do they think about it.:rolleyes:it would be great to know their point of vew regarding this.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Go back in this thread to read all about it.

Considering the volume of information that exists, you will know all that you need. Suffice to say, there is nothing that can practically added to that topic.

Anks likes this.
  7. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Thanks a lot Cheung !

8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

What I understood about LCW in reading this article is that his OBSESSION of Defeating LD took over his PASSION of Winning for himself.

Thats why He always came at second place because he somehow hated LD and wanted to see the chinese defeated rather than concentrating on his own game...A Very Important lesson for all of us.

Dont care about DEFEATING others...Care about WINNING your game instead and God will reward you..and if you keep hating opponents you will always be a RUNNER UP and never a CHAMPION.

Thats why LD is a True Legend of Legends who inspire people how to be Champs..unlike LCW who is no doubt a wonderful and great player himself but somehow not an inspiration.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Is there something wrong in your life? Are you acting out because of it? Because this is far from the first time you have actively tried to provoke and stir up drama in this forum. I'm just giving you a heads up - people don't like it.
    At the very least, phrase these things more politely. It's the difference between "I think you're not behaving very nicely" and "you're an *******" - one tends to piss off others less for some reason.

R20190 and Kikuhito Senshi like this.
  10. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    LCW obsession is to win world championship and Olympic gold but somehow there is lin Dan and Chen long along the way. He probably regret not winning Thomas cup for Malaysia in 2014

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Anks likes this.
  11. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    There is so much unfinished business in LCW career but sad that it had to end with career threatening cancer or else he would probably have a fighting chance to qualify for Tokyo 2020

Anks likes this.
  12. Anks

Anks Regular Member

So true bro...I read this article posted yesterday in Malaysia News and it seems malayasians realize that without a major tittle they will not be taken as top class...And I also feel its very important to have a major tag for a player to really make his or her country proud like "WORLD CHAMPION" or "OLYMPIC CHAMPION"

https://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmi...n-badminton-countries-are-outshining-malaysia

Do read this and If your Malaysian Fan especially of DLCW then Im really sorry bro..i feel sad for him.

Also if your DLCW's superfan it would be honour for me to have a discussion related to his dope test back in 2014 where he waa strippd of his Major WC Silver..being a Super fan Im sure you'd be able to help me understand better this particular issue.

Once again Thank you very very much for your response..I Deeply appreciate it.

Love and respect your way.

13. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    I am not a superfan of LCW. Though he is former world no 1, his mental strength is not sufficient to make him world and Olympic champion. This is probably true for all current Malaysian players...no mental fortitude

Anks likes this.
  14. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Oh I thought I will find atleast some super fan ..If you know any DLCW super fan bro please refer me to them.

Also do you think Mentality is somewhere cofined due to not having various coaches ? may be if DLCW got other coaches from other countries he might have had chance to win...I like LJZ the youngster and his fighting spirit and I think if he works more on meditation or Yoga he might have a good chance in future olympics.

15. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Forgive me if this is not the case, but it seems like you are trolling.

16. Kikuhito Senshi

Kikuhito Senshi Regular Member

project manager
    Some undeniable facts;

LCW was by far the more consistent player throughout his career.
    LD was extremely good at rising to and being in shape for the big occasions.

I think LCW had a lot of respect and admiration for LD's game.

I think that one of the things that contributed to LD's win in London 2012 was that LCW had such admiration for LDs shots that he almost wanted him to play them so that he could watch and admire them. LCW appeared, in many points, to be using such tactics that enabled LD to play some of his favourite shots and playing to LDs strengths rather than his weaknesses. LCW was enjoying the rallies more than the winning of points and that appeared to be guiding his strategies.

In 2016, LCW seemed more motivated in beating LD in the semi than he did in the final against CL.

Patrick Park Li likes this.
  17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The reason why LCW was more consistent could be because LCW didn't need to step aside for the younger players. He was the pillar of Malaysian team and somehow encouraged to do so.

While China seems to always want the upcoming younger ones to somehow get the spotlight too more than the veterans despite the veterans being the better ones.

18. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Sarcasm spotted lol

I think the player themselves must be highly motivated to win ..rather than having so many different coaches to look after many aspects. Look at Indonesia and Thailand...I don't think they have the resources similar to china but they are producing good players

19. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Forgive Me If you thought so But Im not.

20. Ketan Patil

Ketan Patil Regular Member

Does anyone know where can we watch Lee Chong Wei's Grand Match?