Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

comparing air swinging and staring with delaying serve is just stupid

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They can have all the right tactics, but if a player is too nervous to do anything it's useless.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

No 1 is not true at all. Choi is doing it the whole matches. How many times Kevin fake swinging..twice max a match. Choi did it more than 30 times.

but how come the defeat yesterday feels like when Kevin flicked ZhangNan at IO2014 at R1. Kevin was a nobody too at that time and ZhangNan also slammed his racket. lol.

#4383 Yoji, Aug 21, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Actually I was counting Kevin to do that. He usually did in previous occasions. I guess he was really under much pressure too, putting all his effort and focus on scoring point by point.

5. wade

wade Regular Member

This thread increases by 4-5 pages since last night, crazy lol

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I know right. I am doing my best :D:D:p:p
    I am getting that "minions fan of the year" award this year.

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

You can think it's not ethically right (whatever that means) but you can't claim it's cheating unless
    • A player is violating the rules
    • An official is violating the rules to give a player an advantage
    My intentions with the previous post was to highlight the flaws with BWF tournament rules which were obvious in this scenario. Go ahead and claim the koreans are crappy, that's your subjective opinion, but dont call cheating unless it's cheating - that cannot be subjective and is decided by bwf rules.

rhoder likes this.
  8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Anyhow, anyone who says that Kevin needs to behave better on court to win is bullsh1t.

Choi/Seo better be prepared when minions meet them next time in another tournament.:cool::cool::cool:

9. super-g

super-g Regular Member

It's shocking how poor the level of discussion is here. Comments are like "it does not matter if they lose since they have money". If that is the case why isn't the first interview question to them "but you don't mind losing since you have money?" I have never seen that question come up in interviews, isn't that strange. Maybe, just maybe they do care about winning major tournaments?

Secondly nobody cares / can analyse the match at all. Comments are "Kevin played poorly" or "Korean pair won but they won in a wrong way so it does not count" or "Korean won but they are still sh*t". Just like some butthurt teenagers arguing. Maybe most commenters are just that.

In my opinion Korean pair did play very well, something even minions agreed. In biggest tournaments underdogs clearly up their game like we have seen in many matches during this tournament. Korean pair could even match Kevin in flat game, they had excellent defence and they could score more attacking points (against Gideon). Minions' attack from back court is not so effective in slow conditions, their smash is just too weak to penetrate opponents' defence. It was similar last year world championships, they could not score points against Kamura & Sonoda and eventually lost.

yamsyams and samkool like this.
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I have been here for ever a year and it is been really hard to have decent discussions here.

I don't think their defeat yesterday was much different from their previous ones. The same scenario over and over.

Thought they had it all figured out after winning in JO then losing in TO. But apparently different day different story.

11. Matthew Evan

Matthew Evan Regular Member

to some degree i can agree with your point.anyone can play within the limits so now we needs to lets behind pointless arguments about choi's serve or some lame arguments about money or etc.Lets move forward.For me, minions have capabilities to overcome pressures (after all they win most SS titles as a pair), but they have to take their game to the greater heights.Some opponents already figured out how they can bring difficulties to minions, be it their tactics, be it their defences etc.Marcus truly needs focus to cut some cheap errors and to be better all rounder.I thinks that's s the reason why Ahsan/Hendra can still marching on until now is their capabilities to be better all rounder,they obviously lose their agility, their pace, power and stamina (due to their age). But they play fluid tactically and intellegents in their placements, always find the gap. One things is certain for ahsan .He varied his attack better ,he can changes the paces and if he needs to play upfront he play good enough so their opponents cant find glaring holes between the daddies
    If marcus can cut those errors and play better upfront, who knows thats 1-3 extra point can be the difference between success and failure, between final or semifinals, between gold and silver??
    i'm for particular still rooting for them to take OG Gold Medals. For sure Yuta/Endo ,Kamson,Han/Zhou and to lesser extent this Korean pair can challenge them

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It has been discussed for long too how Marcus copes with pressure or how much more he can improve his game.

Honestly to expect him to play like Ahsan might be somthing that easier said than done.

13. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hate the net in All WC:cool::cool::D:p

15. Matthew Evan

Matthew Evan Regular Member

yes, i'm accepts that Marcus have his limitations too.He may never seamlessly adapts the new style of play as Ahsan.to play differently after so many years playing with certain style or characteristics would be hard.It's difficult task for marcus or any players out there (especially in highest level tournaments) but what i mean is he need be more reliable partner for kevin.Ahsan in his younger days is more powerfull than now but ahsan is more complete players now.He lost the stings of his thunderous smash but compensate it with improvement in other areas.

I'm truly hope the better for them in the future, especially in OG

16. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

You post the same thing over and over again, we get it. we already have 1 yoji, we don't need another one.

17. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

even marvin mention about the delaying serve
    in the aftermatch interview

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It's hard to say.

I have been following minions long enough to see how Kevin has evolved to be a stronger back court player and become more consistent compared to 2 years ago. On the other hand, Marcus has become less consistent and weaker in terms of power and speed in comparison. Perhaps it is his age but it's getting harder for him to maintain his good form.

Would like to say it's probably just Minions having another bad day and Marcus hasn't recovered fully from the last three tournaments.

It was the first time they ever played Choi/Seo.
    They didn't expect the opponents to play that well, almost nobody did. And their delaying tactics got to Marcus and it just easily broke him and unfortunately he couldn't regain his better form. Kevin knew Marcus wasn't doing well so he tried to take matters on his hands in the decider. He almost succeeded but he could only do so much on his own. I felt he did his best in the situation.

There was nothing wrong with their tactic or anything. Just them being nervous and under pressure especially Marcus wasn't able to get out of it.

#4398 yuquall, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

whazzup bro? you are calling names..

weird not that i ever mention your grandmother.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Or maybe it's just minions protesting their new jersey design to yonex.

Though the blue and yellow color is a nice touch to minions. :D