NS7K/NS8K vs Iso Slim-10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sennahojw, Aug 15, 2005.

1. sennahojw

sennahojw Regular Member

Hi guys,

Would like to know which of the nanospeed series is closest to the old Iso slim-10
    in terms of:

1. balance (head heavy/even/head light)
    2. shaft stiffness
    3. overall racket weight

Thanks

P.S: Been using iso slim 10 for years, wanting to 'upgrade' my racket. I heard these two nanospeed is similar to slim-10 than any other series. Any advice is greatly appreciated.:)

2. Togey

Togey Regular Member

well, danish pro peter gade used and loved the slim-10, then switched to an MP88, then recently to a at700, so those may be better then a NS8K

3. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    From what I heard, the NS8K is supposingly a prototype of a slim 10.

4. sennahojw

sennahojw Regular Member

I agree with Matts. In my opinion(don't take my word for it), yonex wants to revive the old Iso slim 10. So far, none of the high end yonex models are close to being head light racket.

However, so far, slim 10 has durability problem. Being a head light racket, the material composition in the frame is not dense. Hence that causes much of the frame warping or breakage cases.

Now, with the introduction of 'new technology' (nano technology) yonex is able to build a head light racket that is light but strong.

Thanks, correct me if I am wrong. :)

5. sennahojw

sennahojw Regular Member

Hi guys,

Anyone who has played both rackets? :confused:
    Please advise, thanks :)

6. nutty

nutty Regular Member

Government Officer
    I've just switched from the Iso Slim 10 to the NS8K and I think that the rackets feel very similar. That's just my personal opinion though, as the only difference I can tell is that the wood on the handle is longer (it is a long racket, after all).

7. fast3r

fast3r Regular Member

I played with a slim 10 today and can say that it is the best thing Yonex have ever done... but only if u can afford to buy a few of them. I was very wary of hitting the shuttle hard because whenever i smashed it felt as though the racket was about to break. I find it very easy to believe that this racket breaks extremely easily.

The NanoSpeeds are indeed similar, but they feel lighter yet more robust. but i think that this is not the case. Last week some1s ns8000 (2 weeks old) broke for no reason and yesterday my friend's ns7000 broke by simply hitting the shuttle. Of course this might be due to a manufacturing defect