Stringing - not enough space for clamps and load spreader

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ChanKC, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

Hi,
    I've come across a racket that I was stringing and found there wasn't enough space for a fixed or flying clamp when doing the final cross (pictures attached).
    Also you will see there wasn't enough space for the load spreader and the top string is not straight when attempting to tension.

Eventually I got to do this just by using a flying clamp with just one "tooth". But I know this isn't ideal.

Does anyone here have any suggestions? Or have they seen similar rackets with the same problem?
    Any help is appreciated as I learn the stringing trade :)

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The string you're trying to clamp isn't part of that pattern; the 2+3 stops one earlier. One solution would be to leave it out:D

Alternatively,

clamp the last-but-two,
    go up to the last and weave it, but don't pull it,
    then go back down to the last-but-one, weave it, and pull it twice before clamping it.

This means you're pulling two strings at once (the double pull mitigates the tension loss slightly, not much), but at least you can clamp it!

(Make sure you weave the last with the same over/under sequence as the last-but-two, by the way.)

3. ChanKC

ChanKC Regular Member

Haha thanks Mark, it certainly looked out of place in terms of it not fitting, but it was strung like that when it came to me, so I was just trying to replicate what was done previously. Thanks for the tip though, ill probably do that on the next time around

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If you ever see a Victor Meteor this trick will make a lot more sense - those things have way, way too much top cross sticking out, so I always added the one you've added.