KAWASAKI Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by KWSKJP, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Dean 101

Dean 101 Regular Member

Kawasaki Badminton Racket Review

Here is my first review on this forum, for Kawasaki King K9 and Mao11II.

Before I start, I would like to thank Fred for his amazing service in delivering these two beautiful rackets to my doorstep. I would also recommend his stringing service as it is good quality with no overlapping whatsoever. I’m already treated like a king before I even received my racket.

I will first start with my more preferred racket of the two, the Kawasaki Mao11II, since there are already some comments with regards to King K9. My string set up is my go-to, Li Ning No1 at 26lbs with an overgrip on top of original grip and plastic. I play mostly doubles with feather shuttles; low-med intermediate level.

First impressions of the racket while dry swinging, it felt quite heavy as compared to other aerodynamic frames, but it did not feel sluggish at all. Solid frame that could pack a punch. Nice glossy finish with beautiful decals made me like the racket even more.

I tested this racket on court 1.5h x 2 sessions and here are some of my thoughts:

Clears: It was easy for me to clear shuttles overhead without much effort and I could keep this up for 5-6 shots through one rally and force my opponent to tire out. Due to its stiff shaft, it was easy to control where the shuttle was going. Even when I was out of position, I could use a little more strength to push the shuttle past mid-court to prevent giving away the point.

Drives: This racket while not as fast as other frames such as JPX 8.5, King K9, packs a punch in the drives department. I was able to return the shuttles flat with good speed, pressuring my opponent enough not to contest in driving. At any moment of time, I was confident that I would win the rally and oh god, I was right.

Net: With a good head weight, I was able to feel the shuttle well and control its movements. This racket is definitely maneuverable to say the least at the net, I liked going for fast taps to catch my opponents off. Front court lifts to the backline was easy, but one should control his strength because I found myself having some shuttles flying out of the backline.

Smash/drop: This is the area where I found that this racket showed its true brilliance. Smashes were steep and hard, and somehow I felt that it was easy for me to continue smashing for multiple times to continue the attack. Drops felt good and it had good touch. This racket does indeed live up to its name for being an offense-oriented racket.

In conclusion, the Mao11ii has many merits, but requires some skill to handle and master in order to maximise its utility. Whether for singles, or doubles, it would be a great racket for one to have. It will stay in my bag for a while, and I always look forward to using it on court.

PS. If anyone would like to try out the King K9, I’m looking to let go of it. Please PM me if interested for price and location of deal. Thank you.

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

could You let us know the price of moa 11ii?

3. Dean 101

Dean 101 Regular Member

SGD 150, you can get more information from FB page of Kawasaki Badminton.

4. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

upload_2019-6-29_19-11-37.png
    Some interesting stats.. Will be looking forward to try some of the stuff.

#24 Tennyson, Jul 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    missclicked and KWSKJP like this.
  5. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

I was looking for the recently released Victor TK-FC or TK-BXF in 4U and it so happened Kawasaki rackets were released at the same time. Since the Kawasaki Mao 11 have about the same specs I thought I can try one out. And I'm glad I did as after playing both TK-FC and Mao 11 for 4 hrs, I actually like the Mao more!

Self Intro:
    Intermediate all-around doubles, tactical, placement with drops, flat lobs, half smashes, look for opportunities for the big fat kill. Prefer good control stiff rackets with dry specs of 85-86g with head heaviness between 295-300mm BP.
    Current go-to is Astrox77, VTZF2 in 4U.

Mao 11 specs:
    89g, BP 296mm dry, Strung in Yonex BG66 Ultimax at 26 lbs, 2 knots, Haribito (done by seller ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

Dry swinging:
    The Mao 11 seems to have some air resistance when swinging through the air when compared to Victor MX series and similar to the Victor Hypernano series even though Mao 11 also have a hexagon frame. It sounded like it was slower without the sword sound but when actually playing, it was more manoeuvrable than Hypernano/MX series, VTZF2 4u and felt more solid than Astrox 77.

Game time:
    Whenever on a new racket there is fear of adaptability. Amazingly it only took me minutes to adapt to the Mao. Power is effortless. Clears, smashes, drives all very easily accessible and user friendly. Very easy to hit crisply, cleanly and swings pretty quickly for a 3u racket. Power shots feel solid and meaty. This feels as old school type as Li Mao as compared to Victor rackets which plays great but feels very different from the old school brands like Yonex and needs some time to adapt. TK-FC is one of those that has great qualities but need time to adapt and after adapting will have problems with Li-Ning and Yonex.

In blocks and drives, the accuracy is good as the frame provides a very stable and solid hit and the stiff shaft helps in this area. It could be because of the tighter stringbed from 80 holes.

Feel is very important to me in my tactical plays and this racket has a nice direct and immediate feel. It may not have the outright head heaviness of the Voltric series but strikes a balance between Victor Hypernano/MX and Yonex Voltric series. It is a 3U solidness with 4U+ speed and power. Though this is a diamond, hexagon frame, it does feel rather box frame due to the Woven and 46T material on the frame and shaft.

Overall:
    I feel it is very slightly less solid and stiff than the VTZF but that also mean it is less demanding. Definitely more solid than Astrox 77 though. Not perfect but still an excellent and underrated racket! And at such a steal too and this price with 46T and Woven materials! Looking forward to other Kawasaki rackets.

Ryan Abrenica and KWSKJP like this.
  6. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

Review for Kawasaki Honor S6 by BadmintonRacketReview

Excerpt from 9:15 onwards:
    "the racket does do smashing really well and it does do control reasonably well. You are going to really really get decent power out of this smash power if smashes is your kind of thing definitely try this racket out it can deliver really really well on smash bar and it's got loads of smash potential, in terms of other doubles features so its ability to defend drive it's ok at that. Even it is a 89g racket there's not going to be many many rackets out there that are gonna do all of that a lot better than this. So really it's definitely the thumbs up a £75 is do you know what i' gonna think about £75 and the design quality and the quality of build that you will be receiving and you're taking on court ...For doubles players good smash good defence and good drive capability..."

#26 KWSKJP, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Tennyson likes this.
  7. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

Review for Kawasaki King K9 by BadmintonRacketReview

Excerpt from 12:06 onwards:
    "This racket it's key strength is power and really good control but everything else it does good at so the recommendation for this racket is 100% yes. If you are the type of person to go for a premium racket, it's going to be difficult to top this. We have tried alot of rackets now and the perfect racket may come through one in so many ... this runs it clos because it is beautifully presented...it is like a Bentley and Rolls-Royce in terms of the design and detailing.. and then the performance to add to it absolutely great.. This calibre of racket at this price it's all round on win win definitely go try this racket 100% recommended."

Tennyson likes this.
  8. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Promised to try the Kawasaki Honor S6. Here is my review after near 3 hours of play:

The Kawasaki Honor S6 is a headlight 4u racket but dry specs suggest a 3u even balanced. Dry swing is amazingly fast and feels slightly stiffer than the mid-flex rating. The frame is box type and shaft is unique with graphene coating as I was told. Felt good and comfortable because of the slim shaft.

Not sure if there is something special with the stringing, while I never thought I will actually being drawn to a mid-flex even/headlight racket, the feel of the racket is excellent! Have no problem with timing. While can feel the shaft flexes, I can produce snap wrist precision shots everywhere like a stiff shaft and is effortless and even to the extent of being comfortable! It flexes easy yet returns fast. Everything is easy with this racket rocketing shots plumb on the line but sometimes gets too fast for me as I am still used to head heavy stiff rackets. It is amazingly user friendly without feeling cheap.

Very all-rounder, user friendly racket. It feels like a box frame and more solid Victor Jetspeed. But as said, it is more of a Jetspeed than a Voltric so may not be for everyone. Though reasonably priced, would love to keep one if given a more reasonable price :p

ShinIori and KWSKJP like this.
  9. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Where are these stats from??

10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Don't worry it's a ton of nonsense, you'd have better luck guessing what the lotto numbers will be.

11. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Some does seems unbelievable but some does makes sense. Needs verification.

SaxoProf and KWSKJP like this.
  12. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

Badmintonracketreview.com. I did post in another thread with questions on its authenticity. Seems no one can exactly comment on.

13. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Ah so these are the reviews you have to pay to see. I like the idea of rigorous testing, seems much better than going by personal anecdotes (at least in theory)

14. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    What's weird to me is it shows arcsaber FB smashes the same speed as Voltric ZFII.... which is not close to what I experienced lol

Ryan Abrenica likes this.
  15. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    Sure when done correctly and easily reproducible by other investigators.

We have no idea of methods or materials used. No discussion of data.

How can we trust the objectivity.

16. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

My review on Mao 11 after a two hour training session and two hour doubles game.

On immediate contact from the string bed one can tell that this is a solid racket. The shaft is stiff yet not demandingly stiff. Perhaps slightly more than Arc Sabre 11 or similar. It glides through the air smoothly in overheads, smashes and drives. You can feel some weight on the head that can knock the bird down with ease and good feel because of the solidness.

Defensively, to my delight, I had some unbelievable defensive shots as there was always a chance of returning the bird with intent no matter how much pressure I am under. That is a surprise from a stiff, solid, moderate head heavy racket. It is very balanced and all round head heavy category racket.

Cons wise, I would prefer a hardcore ultra-stiff and super head heavy racket for more easy power when smashing but that might be the trade-off for the brazing defensive and driving capabilities the racket offers as well.

To me this racket felt like it would be best suited for both singles and doubles where the action is fast and furious or for someone who is more reserved and tactical in singles that strives to drag the opponent and rally till he can outrun his opponent.

Final thoughts, this racket will be my keeping for the time being as it can deliver solidness, heavy head power without tiring out. Something that is quite a niche. Also thanks to the professional distributor who can deliver an outstanding string job with a refreshing feel.

Ryan Abrenica, Tennyson and KWSKJP like this.
  17. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Quick review on Kawasaki Spider 9900 ii after a 2 hours doubles try out.

The Spider 9900 ii feels way different from the Mao 11 ii I got earlier. While it is head heavy as well, it doesn’t feel like one and is pretty aerodynamic. Specs says it is a hex frame with a trapezium frame on the top for better control, solidness and speed which is true indeed. Faster, more even, more stiff feeling than Mao 11 ii. It cuts through the air smooth like any other aero speed rackets. No timing issues. Drives are excellent due to the stiffness and stability. It repels the bird with ease and power and switching easily between different aspects from overhead, drives, net, lifts. In defence, it is a different animal from Mao 11 ii as it feels really aerodynamic, robust and balanced. The stiffness repels the bird very easily from defensive positions and pushes are fast, handy and dominating.

To me this racket is good for both singles and doubles who needs fast reaction, power and control. I would say this is more of an aerodynamic control racket. It is absolutely stable with stiff shaft and low torque that has virtually no lateral movement on impact, even mishits. Good for players with quick arm speed. However, this also means it is slightly more demanding and needs someone who can handle stiff 3u shafts but fortunately it is aerodynamic type which will not be sluggish.

Tennyson and KWSKJP like this.
  18. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Coming from YY AT900T and Victor TK9000, which Kawasaki racket in the present line-up plays similarly to the aforementioned rackets?

19. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

Mao 11ii would b more similar to TK9000. It is considered stiff and very slightly less stiff than TK9000. Mao 11ii frame is slightly narrower by ard 4-5mm. Mao11ii is very slightly more head heavy by 2-3mm. Mao 11ii is more maneuverable than the TK9000. Similarly it feels significantly more weight on the head.

Tennyson likes this.
  20. KWSKJP

KWSKJP Regular Member

Tennyson likes this.