Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. wade

wade Regular Member

He need to be more in control next time, in the first game yesterday it seems like he's trying so hard, hence so many wild shot that's going out. I also think he need to variate the pace more next time, going for these 50:50 chances are not that effective against yuta/endo.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I just watched the video again now and observed it. Even from the first point Kevin had started making mistakes (without any physical or evident pressure just yet from the JPN pair), his returns and his shots were either loose or long/wide/net. The pressure got heavier when the JPN pairs solid defense began to kick in.

Kevin's confidence had long gone the moment he sort of gave up in that BAC final and lost to Endo/Wata horribly. Of course they had made it this far after that loss, but apparently it still haunted them nonetheless.

They said in the post interview that they knew what they did wrong and what to do next. So I will trust them:)

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I wouldn't blow this up any bigger than it is. The venue probably wasn't very fast, which always makes it harder for them and makes it possible to play defensively, and they just played consecutive tournaments. I wouldn't consider this a bad sign regarding their WC chances at all - they probably didn't care about this tournament that much to boot, and while I believe they definitely didn't want to lose, in a really important match they might have tried to come back a bit harder - who knows. But the insignificance of this tournament probably didn't boost their motivation, let's put it like that :D
    I believe they'll come into the WC reasonably well-rested and chomping at the bit to finally add that elusive (world) major gold medal on their CV

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Of course they want to win TO. they can make another record of becoming first pair to win 3 consecs SS in 3 weeks but they are just too tired, so too bad.

On the flipside, i wish Kevin will do 'you can't see me' gesture akind of JohnCena move lol instead of just 'i can't hear you' .

Baddie lover likes this.
  5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Amen to that.:)

6. ma.ria

ma.ria Regular Member

Wow, such an entertaining MD match today.
    Indian youngsters beat Li/Liu,
    I can see them joining top 10 club soon if they play consistently like they did in the last 5 tournaments.
    Shetty was having hard time to challenge Kevin 2 weeks ago in Indonesia open, but he top Liu today.
    Congrats India!

Baddie lover likes this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I agree 100% with the coach. It's not without reason Steen look up to him:D:D #GoodToHaveCoachHerryIPOnYourSide

[​IMG]
    (Thailand Open 2019) Herry IP: Kevin/Marcus Has Done Amazingly

(Bangkok, 4/7/2019)
    Indonesian Men's doubles team was not successful to win any title in Thailand Open 2019. This sector is Indonesia's ace card in the Tournaments of Elite level. Even with the participation of the World's number one pair, Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon, in this tournament, Indonesia was not successful to take home any title.

Kevin/Marcus could not perform one hundred percent at this Super 500 Tournament due to fatigued after winning two prestigious titles consecutively at Blibli Indonesia Open 2019 and Japan Open 2019.

In Quarterfinal Thailand Open 2019, Kevin/Marcus was stopped by Hiroyuki Endo/ Yuta Watanabe (Japan) with score 17-21, 21-19, 14-21.

"They were fatigued, so their focus and concentration had declined", said Herry Iman Pierngadi, PBSI Head Coach of Men's Double.

"Besides, Endo/Watanabe played well too. Kevin/Marcus had actually found the right playing pattern to defeat their opponents this time, but unfortunately they were not in a supporting physical conditions. Well, playing in two consecutive finals is exhausting, I think they have done extraordinarily," said Herry IP.

On their last encounter, Kevin/Marcus was also beaten by Endo/Watanabe with score 18-21, 3-21.

"We were aware of Kevin/Marcus' declined stamina. They have performed well in the two previous tournaments while we were not able to perform our best yet. So this time we felt like we had to take this chance," Endo said after the match.

Herry also expressed similar thoughts when he was asked about the performance of Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan who was stopped at the first round. Hendra/Ahsan was defeated by Malaysia Men's Double Ong Yew Sin/Teo Ee Yi with the score 21-18, 16-21, 21-23.

"Indeed Hendra/Ahsan seemed to be tired too judging from their return shots. They were drained from getting to the Final in two consecutive Tournaments," explained Herry to Badmintonindonesia.org.

Hendra/Ahsan became the runner up in Blibli Indonesia Open 2019 and Japan Open 2019 after beaten in the finals by Kevin/Marcus.

===============

Source : http://m.badmintonindonesia.org/app/information/newsDetail.aspx?/8322

8. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

To be fair, the indian pair looks pretty nervous when they met minions 2 weeks ago. lot of easy mistakes. they're playing much better now.

9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Wow hope this can be preserved for quite long till next May haha
    [​IMG]

10. wade

wade Regular Member

WC draw is already out

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

11. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

They probably gonna met fajri in the QF, interesting.

12. konak

konak Regular Member

If INA MDs win All Their matches, kevin/marcus will play fajri in qf. then meet Ahsan/Setiawan in SF.
    And there's no probability all Indonesian Final, or All China Final.
    in could be all Malaysian Final, btw.

13. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

No chance :D

samkool likes this.
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Go minions!! Flatten all your opponents ala Marin if you have to! :D:D

15. konak

konak Regular Member

I am Sorry. There's possibility for All Indonesian Final if Berry/hardianto win all their matches.
    but the possibility is very very... .:(

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Just saw the whole draw.. wow, all CHN and JPN at the bottom half.
    Honestly, I am more worried about the prospect of minions playing Fajar/Rian than any other pair.. not to mention it is in QF, minions "stumbling block"

17. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Think it is a pretty decent draw in the perspective of minions (though a conflicting one for INA fans in general). Having the CHN and JPN pairs away is always a good thing, all they have to deal with is their teammates and bar any screwups they should be the best out of the INA pairs

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Aren't teammates the worse enemies?:confused: I am all for minions vs Ahsan/Hendra in SF for guaranteed medals.

19. sunburner

sunburner New Member

FajRi would probably lose to one of the Malaysian pairs (Goh/Tan or Ong/Teo) before qualifying to QF
    Heck they might even lose to Chris/Marcus

trizzforce likes this.
  20. sunburner

sunburner New Member

What would happen to Liu Cheng and Zhang Nan pairing? Are they going to pull out and replaced by other pairs?