APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

About AVP, I have noticed a big difference in stiffness between old series numbers and after 50 00 00 . Old ones are much stiffer and the shaft is slightly longer. The top cap is slightly different too.

2. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Sorry, can't help you on this as I never seen anyone own or play those rackets. My group of friends are always skeptical about Apacs high end rackets as the price (30% off from top YY) may not justify the buy.

3. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I already bought an Apacs racket, Lethal light 1.10, by 150 RM (36 usd).

I will give my review soon ^-^.

4. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

Got myself a Li Ning Super Force 83 Lite at rm129 after discount. Usual price rm229. It's not in the same range as the other higher end Li Ning rackets but seems to have some good reviews. My first Li Ning. Let's see how it goes.

5. terrynguyen121988

I just buy an Apacs racket (lethal light 1.10), can you help me to check it genuine or not.

It is about 36 usd. I see the data sheet (the red one) is out of alignment
    apacs.png

6. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

may be counterfit is even better than original one :)

7. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

I am getting my apacs assailant pro tomorrow, will give a review once I managed to use it !

Longbeans and knfmlee like this.
  8. terrynguyen121988

I feel happy with my Apacs Lethal light 1.10. I string it with Lining No.1

My defence is better and my shoulder is not painful anymore. No regret. ^-^

9. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Finally managed to play my first session on my assailant pro ( 4U ), strung with LN No 1 @ 26lns, was using the 88D 4U previously, this is less stiff than that and less headheavy. However I am still getting used to it and there were a few smashes that were too flat because I mistimed my swing and hit it way earlier... another thing to note is that I got the 4UG4, no idea how does the grip size numbering on apacs works but I find the grip smaller than my 88D 4UG5, but I Guess that can be fixed by adding more layers of cushion wraps/ overgrip to it... I would have prefer a bigger grip as I find that it helps with improving the power on my smashes ..

10. terrynguyen121988

About the grip, the good seller tell me that "the G" from Apacs is reverse to Yonex. It means the higher U from Apacs the BIGGER the grip.

Easily: My Apacs G2 is similar with my Yonex G4

11. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Shin interview with signature racket!!

(Did he just mentioned kimchi is good for badminton??)

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Any different AVP orange & black except for painting?
    & How to verify APACS genuine? Is there a code or something like Yonex code that we can put on the website to verify it.

13. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Hi to all Apacs fans and gurus.

I was reading this thread and was getting interested with these rackets. As such, I feel like trying 1 or 2 different Apacs racket but not too sure what I should be looking at. I also saw many saying about AVP and Tantrum 200 II but since I don’t know much, I should take heed from the experience owners.

Playing style.
    I usually play MD but occasionally I also play mix doubles and men singles. I am no world champ but will put myself into the low intermediate range, I guess.

Skill wise, will consider a very attacking minded player. However, I am improving slowly on my front court, movement and skills (very slow I mean).
    MY current gears all 3U:
    - ZF1, ZF2 (thus, the aggressive game)
    - D10 and Mizuno Accel Arc 739 Xl ( when I am tired or not in the mood)

As such I am looking for something that packs a punch and fast enough to respond, I am open to all advice. Thanks and hope I don’t sound stupid with the stuff I just wrote haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Carbonex_7

You must be kidding, low intermediate with 3U ZF1, ZF2? I must be in low level as I can't even last one full match with ZF2.

Nothing in APacs come close to ZF1 and ZF2 in terms of shaft stiffness and head heaviness. Tantrum 200II is stiff but even balance, closer to Arc 11 than ZF. If you enjoy D10 more than ZF, Lethal 60 II, Ziggler LHI pro I, pro II you can consider, medium stiffness and even balance. AVP is never this cheap before, a very good pro level rackets with medium shaft and slightly head heavy, the only problem with AVP is swing adjustment is needed, you will miss a lot of hits in first few games. I never play Mizuno in my life so I can't comment on that.

For MD, XD, the trend is moving towards 4U and 5U with faster swing and head heavier rackets. I used to be a 3U die hard but now I am enjoying playing 4U rackets.

For 4U Apacs, The new Pro commander and Assailant Pro are very good and solid rackets to play with, other than that you can consider H200 for speed and defense and H800, H800EP for beefer hits.

Good luck

Slayer74 likes this.
  15. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Actually, I can see that. ZF2 really is not that stiff and the weight in the head helps to feel what you're doing, the ZF1 was just a very enjoyable racket when I tried it.
    The trend is? The better players I know (sponsored), all use 3U in doubles, some (not sponsored) might use a 4U ZF2 or VT 80 E-Tune but they're only playing slightly higher than I do and those still don't qualify for light rackets. This forum is biased towards 4U and Yonex wants to make lighter rackets more popular. That doesn't mean there's a trend. I do have a bias towards head heavy 3U rackets and my timing in defense gets messed up when I play with a (still head heavy) 5U racket (I've given it a fair chance for two years) or a (3U) NR900. That doesn't make that a trend or true for everybody. That's one reason why I stay out of most of these discussions.

In all, it's a personal choice and you need to consider that @Slayer74 is from Krypton so he will be able to handle a 3U Sledgehammer in doubles easily on this planet.

Ouchie likes this.
  16. Carbonex_7

If you come from carbonex 7 era when standard racket weight is >150g to what we have today, the TREND is moving towards lighter rackets, no doubt about it. You can disagree with that, I'll leave that to you.

17. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

There is probably a very good reason why 2U and 1U rackets are no longer made in large quantities.

18. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Compare these two statements. There's a difference between moving to lighter rackets from 150g and moving to 4U and 5U from 3U. That's what you wrote. I do not know (personally know) any sponsored player who uses 5U rackets. So, yes, I disagree with that and you should not change your statements to try to make other people look stupid. If you have some representative statistics about how many players use what weight at a certain level and can compare that to other time spans, taking into account the availability of rackets at certain weights, feel free to share it. It would be nice if you tested the differences for relevance, but with the data, everybody can do that himself/herself (do I have to include itself nowadays?).
    The sample I have certainly is not representative, but it does make me disagree when you want to see a trend to move to 4U and 5U from 3U. That's what you were talking about. You did not mention any weight above 3U, so don't do that now! Maybe you have that trend or the people around you do, but that doesn't make it "a trend".

You'll probably try to make fun of me for asking for the representative statistics, but you pretty much asked for it yourself.

Also, if you come from the 150g racket weight era, a 3U ZF2 should be easy to handle.

19. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Haha, I do have the strength but not the skill, that’s for sure. Noted on the AVP, will also look into the other mentioned rackets.

Btw my fav racket are ZF2 and ZSP (orange), BG80 28lbs

20. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Yes, YY indicated ZF2 as stiff but due to the slim shaft with a HH, the shaft does tend to flex a little more.

Gama rays and Kryptonitecombine and this is what you get Smashing Slayer, repentless