Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

this prove they are still human, not like legend gods LCW and Lin Dan, give opponents no chance to score more than 10 points in straight games...

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well it's certainly different when you watch in on video. When you were there a little bit of antics didn't really matter.
    When people left after the match was over, all they talked about was how awesome Kevin's speed and skill. I had to leave because I had somewhere else to be, but Locals didn't seem to care about non Japanese matches, but some stayed on for Kevin haha.
    Maybe you means this prove that Marcus is still human? I agreed with Steen that Kevin isn't human after today lolol

firda.divy likes this.
  3. wade

wade Regular Member

It's a shame that steen wasn't there with gill today, imagine how many times he's gonna say, "oiiii fantastic shot from sukamuljo" :D

yuquall likes this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

Agreed. The experience watching through video and live are totally different. I watched at Istora live and the experience is even more real than ever.

At this point, I will agree that minions are from Saiyan race, especially Kevin. :D

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah i know haha. I hope Minions become Champions when you watch it live in Japan, Yu. The last time i watch live at StadiumPerpaduan, they are champion MO 2017,and yes it just feels different if you watch them live and become champion especially if its not in Indonesia. They looked really tired that tournament, if i remember but still be champion.

That tournament is also the last time LeeChongWei meets LinDan in a Final of a tournament. So very lucky to experience total Fullhouse for that tournament. Its quite rare to see Fullhouse if its not Istora, imo. so different experience where ppl just chanting LcW name.

#3925 Yoji, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes I hope minions could pull it through too this time.

Lucky you to see both minions and LD on the same final day, winning.

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

[​IMG]
    (Japan Open 2019) Kevin/Marcus Susul Hendra/Ahsan ke Semifinal

(Tokyo, 26/7/2019)

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo/Marcus Fernaldi Gideon menyelesaikan laga rubber game melawan Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia) dengan kemenangan 21-14, 22-24, 21-15. Dengan hasil ini, Kevin/Marcus menyusul langkah Hendra Setiawan/Mohammad Ahsan ke babak semifinal Japan Open 2019.

Hendra/Ahsan lolos ke semifinal setelah mengalahkan Ko Sung Hyun/Shin Baek Cheol (Korea), dengan skor 21-17, 19-21, 21-19.

Kevin/Marcus harus kehilangan game kedua lewat adu setting. Permainan agresif dan menekan yang dilakukan Chia/Soh, membuat Kevin/Marcus tak dapat mengendalikan keadaan, game ketiga pun terpaksa dimainkan. Kevin/Marcus langsung tancap gas di game penentuan, mereka unggul jauh hingga 18-9 dan akhirnya memenangkan pertandingan.

"Di game pertama kami bermain cukup baik, di game kedua juga sudah unggul terus, tapi kami kemudian banyak melakukan kesalahan sendiri dan lawannya lebih nggak gampang dimatikan. Bukan cuma lawan mereka, tapi kami harus siap lawan siapa pun juga, sudah antisipasi bakal ramai. Sekarang kekuatan sudah merata, jadi antisipasinya ramai, " kata Kevin kepada Badmintonindonesia.org.

"Mereka defense-nya bagus, nggak gampang mati. Di akhir game kedua, kami buru-buru ingin menyelesaikan, tapi kami malah membuat kesalahan sendiri," Marcus menambahkan.

"Kami lebih mengontrol lawan di game ketiga, kami tidak mau cepat-cepat mematikan lagi, soalnya mereka nggak mudah dimatikan dalam satu-dua-tiga pukulan. Kami harus lebih sabar," lanjut Marcus.

Di babak semifinal, Kevin/Marcus akan berhadapan dengan Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen dari Tiongkok. Ini merupakan pertemuan ke-12 bagi kedua pasangan. Pekan lalu di Blibli Indonesia Open 2019, Kevin/Marcus mengalahkan Li/Liu dengan skor 21-9, 21-13.

"Li/Liu punya serangan bagus dan nggak gampang buat kesalahan sendiri. Pasti akan ramai, siapa yang akan siap, dia yang akan menang," komentar Kevin soal laga besok.

Sementara sudah empat wakil Indonesia yang melaju ke semifinal. Selain Kevin/Marcus dan Hendra/Ahsan, ada dua ganda campuran yang lolos yaitu Praveen Jordan/Melati Daeva Oktavianti dan Hafiz Faizal/Gloria Emanuelle Widjaja. Masih ada satu kesempatan menambah wakil, saat ini Jonatan Christie tengah bertanding melawan Anders Antonsen dari Denmark. (*)

8. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

that's ridiculous :eek:

9. wade

wade Regular Member

Brilliant match against li/liu today, amazing that they overcame some adversity in this game. I'm not feeling too confident after they lost the first game and trailling 3-6 (I think) in the second game, but they prove me wrong (again). kevin yet again showing attitude against li/liu, still waiting for him to be more mature...(he's 24 next month ffs)

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Kevin wasn't even nervous even a bit against Hoki/Koba.. Guess Li/Liu did their job well to ignite him almost to the max today. They somehow hold the lighter.

I will take my time and write the long essay about today. Be prepared everybody!! :p:p
    (probably just a few sentences though haha)

11. wade

wade Regular Member

I just hope if li/liu finally beat them again, it's not at the world championship.

12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well G3 is always going to be tight. Whether its INAmaster 2018, or MO2017 type of scenarion, Kevin still comes out on top. I guess every battle has its own stories.

One last hurdle...

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

At least this time WC is not in China, one less worry

rhoder likes this.
  14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Most of the titles Li/Liu won is in China include BAC (in which Minions didnt partake) , I still hope they dont break 18 year duck in ChinaOpen MD later this year. ChaiHong has been close (SF lost to Minions in 2016) as well as HanZhou last year.

15. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

I think Kevin showing attitude actually gives him an advantage gamewise. Li plays pretty rashly when he gets emotional, trying to whack everything instead of thinking where he should hit the shuttle. The flipside is Marcus may also feel more pressure to perform so it’s quite interesting actually

firda.divy likes this.
  16. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Li Liu are getting closer in standard to minions (unlike 2017), but if Kevin and Marcus (esp) can keep this up they have a great chance

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Not really, even when he wasn't emotional (last year Japan Open final) he still tried to whack everything. It was him being frustrated I think. I even thought he was lashing it out on Kevin today.

18. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

Hmm yeah may be him getting frustrated. When Li Liu were in the lead I thought Li had a clear head and he was even signalling to Liu between rallies where he thought the shuttle should have been placed. After minions caught up in G2 he went full autopilot

19. rhoder

rhoder Regular Member

What a performance by Marcus though. The effort put behind the scenes must have been enormous. Solid defence, threatening from the back court and willing to attack the net. Admittedly I didn’t think they could perform to this level again, but man it feels great to be proven wrong. Sorry minions :(

Thunder Hand likes this.
  20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I know probably in the video it looked bad for Kevin, but from where I (we) stood in the arena it was Li who apparently looked like as if he had lost his head, got frustrated and kind of lashed it out inappropriately. I guess BWF just wanted to fire things up and they did it cleverly. They might have thought they had hit the jackpot when Kevin did his usual thing when they had the camera on him.

firda.divy and rhoder like this.