[New Video] Haribito Professional Pattern - plus added modification!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by s_mair, Aug 20, 2018.

1. kit.tang

kit.tang Regular Member

Programmer
    Nope, I have been trying to tell you the consistency of this variation over numerous of stringjobs across 3 zf2's in 2yrs of time. and why would I have to drop the tension for?

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Because thats essentially what you're achieving by putting in less resistance. We had a case like this a whole back where a stringer was using methods that would achieve a tension below the asked for value (pulling 2 mains or some **** like that). He was adamant his customers found the result more repulsive than other string jobs - probably because they had previously used a tension too high for them.
    Point is, they didn't know they were essentially just getting a lower tension, and instead believed this stringer was doing a better job or sth.

Similarly, you are most likely influenced by placebo here. There are a ton of factors influencing a string job that might lead to minute differences (if I string 2 rackets right after another and use only one for the next training session, it'll feel slightly different than the other one), but I can assure you leaving out one cross of 21 (1 of 43 total strings) at the very bottom of the racket will not make a significant difference. At the very most, it'll be the same as dropping the tension by 1/43 since you introduced one less pre-tensioned string

3. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

@s_mair, what clamps do you use? just had my clamps (gamma) cut though the string as scissors again, getting sick of them :(

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That is seriously strange, mate. Can you maybe post a picture of the actual clamps and the clamping surface? The Gamma clamps are known to be on the higher end of the range and so far, I haven't read anything comparable to your issue yet. Have you made sure that you have adjusted them correctly?

However, in the video I'm using the standard clamps that came with the Superstringer machine (https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...ange-Universal-Badminton-High-End-1-Stck.html), but they won't fit into your bases I'm afraid. The Gamma post diameter is 12.0 mm whilst it's 12.2 for the Superstringer clamps. The same clamps are available also with a 12.0 mm post through Aliexpress, but there have been several comments in here regarding inconsistencies regarding the post diameter.

5. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

maybe this was a mistake from my side. anyway, your pattern, the story:
    - did all the mains except 2 last ones
    - finished long-side crosses
    - finished long-side last main
    - tried to fix long-side last main with clamp

the thing is it's 5 tooth and those teeth do not fit in the string pattern holes, so, a little pressure is needed to clamp.
    ... and it was like clear cut with loud sound%)

so, 4-tooth probably would save me. I redid the racket, but clamping with flying clamps. I don't like them (yonex), because I see string moving in them when I remove tension

*sigh* end of my rant%)

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Okay, understood. I know that most 5-tooth clamps share the same issue (I'm currently testing the StringMaster machine and clamps, and it's exactly the same there too). You will face the same problem if you do a normal 2-piece Yonex pattern, mostly on the lower half of the crosses.
    Have you tried clamping it a bit further away from the frame? Normally, you will find a spot where the tooth spacing fits into the string spacing without having to push the clamp in.

Easiest solution would be to simply use the flying clamp for doing those two final mains. The tension loss will be minimal since the movement you see will be compensated again with the next pull. In parallel, you could check you fixed clamps if there are any sharp edges or burrs on the outside of the clamp parts that caused the clear cut. And if there are, use fine sandpaper to make them smooth as silk.

7. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

Thanks%) will do.

also wanted to ask you -- have you considered doing extra top cross with your pattern? i noted that some li-ning racquets have space for it -- though it's not so easy and neat afterwards, as you have to tie-off somewhere else.

I'm just doing them, because mis-hit will break strings, and seems that extra last cross is giving some protections against it.

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

no, not at all. It's clearly not worth the hassle of squeezing in another string where it's not supposed to be. Also, I've literally never broken a string at the top.

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

For all those who are interested and following this thread, I have added another little variation for the pattern to replicate the signature TTY stringbed looks with the missing bottom cross string. Of course, you can also get the same look by using different patterns, but I feel like with the Haribito as basis, it works out really smoothly and again, gives it the usual neat and clean look on the outside.

Hope you like it:

Thanks a lot to @lurker for allowing me to use one of his great photos in the title sequence! So great to see how well our little badminton geek community is working together. :)

10. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

ok, now I've got blue TTY shoes, I'm definitely sure I need TTY weaving) Thanks for sharing!

s_mair likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I've just ordered that new wine red sleeveless '19 Crown Collection shirt! Darn it, I'm such a fanboy! :D

12. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    @s_mair, thanks for the vid. I do my Haribito slightly different but I always liked the TTY unique stringbed appearance.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There are so many different variants of Haribito around that I've stopped keeping track. Strictly speaking, the pattern from the TTY-clip isn't a Haribito anyway since it's based on my own modification with the 4 extra crosses. But I didn't know how to call it now. ;)

14. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

Just following steps of the Master ))

Attached Files:

15. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Thanks for sharing!

I have a few videos using this pattern for those who may be interested. I'm trying to gather a bunch of different stringing patterns together and uploading it to Youtube. Feel free to check some of them out here:

thyrif, s_mair and tjiew like this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Nice video! First time I see that pattern done with the main strings pre-weaved. Definitely makes sense if you go for best possible time.

One remark: Look at ~7:00 in the clip. I would always argue to tension the string before removing the starting clamp on the short side. If you don't, you lose a bit of tension first when you fix the string (3:14) and another bit when you release it. And imo that's not worth the additional 5 seconds you need to tension the string before clamping it with the fixed clamp.

Trinhity likes this.
  17. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

You're absolutely right! Thank you for sharing. :)
    The pull is actually done on the Around the World pattern but wasn't on the Haribito Professional ones. I'll work on that in future videos for the Haribito Professional Pattern.

s_mair likes this.
  18. Bkmz

Bkmz Regular Member

Just want to thank @s_mair for his tutorial. I use this method for couple of years, like 200 rackets been restring with it. With proper knots, the tension keeps until the string perishes from the traction :)

I'll even restring my tennis racket (I play once in a while) with it and god-damn, it looks like the string is stuck in the frame for at least couple of centuries! But TBH tennis string requires a bit _more_ strength, especially when you tie those double knots.

Thanks again @s_mair, I hope you're okay and good:)

IMG_20210701_001604_Bokeh.jpg IMG_20210701_001853.jpg

s_mair likes this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Thanks mate, glad you still like it! Never thought about using it on tennis rackets though. Interesting…