TOTAL BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2019 : Quarterfinal - FINAL (23-26 May)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

haha. probably yes, as with the japanese culture. but if this crushing defeat will force him and his coaches to change and improve his game play, then it's a good thing.

2. sunburner

sunburner New Member

You're missing my point. I didn't say that INA is better than JPN, as it would've proven otherwise yesterday.

I'm simply stating that in INA vs CHN scenario today, INA wouldn't have lost as badly as JPN today, although victory against CHN is quite unlikely. INA would've probably win MD and JC would've challenged SYQ in MS.

Amlite and Yoji like this.
  3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Question: players that are playing in Sudirman Cup now will get free points to qualify towards Olympic? Lin Dan is not getting any then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

It is not as individual as tennis though
    because double games in badminton is much more cooperative and chemistry based than tennis,
    as well as how group match schedule (and the result) is extremely affected by the decision of who are fielded

So grouping is still much more needed. It is important to find a good balance between individual and group tournaments here in badminton

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well, I would say its good and bad China pumping money into these tournaments TeamEvent. I think Badminton is individual sports. No one pay much attention to DavisCup, let alone this. so is there other better way that things can be done?

Why its always China? because China will always win the event. Why pump so much if we are not going to win it?

When China hold this tournament, it is more of benefit to the Cities. Not many know about Nanning, but now maybe i will be going on tour to Nanning for my holiday.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Past performance does not guarantee a win. JC won in Asian Games vs SYQ played in Indonesia. SYQ would have won in home soil today too.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Any red teary eyes spotted in the japanese players?

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Fukushima is beautiful.

kwun and Baddie lover like this.
  9. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

Yeah, they are hosting the tournaments in the lesser known cities to elevate their appeal. Sadly, there will be some sensitive regions that will never get to host, eg Xinjiang and Tibet.

Hmm...none that I see.

10. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

Yuta said the garland is real :D

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Seeing AY..sad.. she is the nearest to getting a point for JPN, cant blame her effort.

Winning or Losing in sports is normal. dont be too dissapointed Aka Chan.

12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Akane was in the bring of crying....
    as it supposed to be I guess
    She lost focused on the crucial time at game 3, and missing the momentum in an instance....

should be a great reminder for her to maintain her focus till the end of the match

13. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

The result will change. Today Japan lost to China 3-0, but if tomorrow or next two days, let do the rematch again and you will see the result change.

The result always change. Can be 3-0, 3-2, 2-3, or 0-3.

14. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

perhaps you are saying that INA will get at least 1 pt from the first match, MD. so INA will have a better result than JPN, losing 1-3, or 2-3 (if INA win MS).

well, if INA is really in final, JPN supports will stated if it is JPN vs CHN, JPN would probably have done better, or even win the final.

i'd said none expect CHN to win 3-0. they have certainly raised their games. playing at home soil... either inspire you to play better, or crush you if your mental strength is weak.

15. minions

minions Regular Member

Poor, HBJ. Not being given a chance to play even one match. And now she is not on the podium.

indrg likes this.
  16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Salty salty... the trophy bearing INA man Sudirman has never returned to INA since 1985. CHN yes a superpower.

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

JiaYifan first leaping to ShiYuqi after Victory then she is standing besides him in the Podium.

This is so obvious hahahah. Hard code.

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Sudirman Cup be like "I don't want to go home."

skhai91 likes this.
  19. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

Yeah, not all of the players in the squad are on the podium. Like the backup players and Wang Yilyu.

20. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

For some of you that don't realize what money can mean to a sport, I think e-sports is the best example. Heroes of the Storm is an e-sports game that once had a thriving community with decent money to go around for professional players in Heroes of the Storm.

Unfortunately, Blizzard pulled their support for Heroes of the Storm several months ago: https://www.pcgamer.com/heroes-of-t...-careers-after-blizzard-killed-its-pro-scene/

Read this quote from one of the professional players playing Heroes of the Storm:

When Blizzard cancelled plans for a 2019 HGC season, Penfold was devastated. "Now I live in one of the more expensive parts of the country for a job I no longer have. I have a background with financial turmoil in my family and it has left me to be very timid with any risky financial decisions."
    I'm not saying that the same thing can happen to badminton overnight. But money is needed for people to live. Money is needed so that players can make badminton a professional job. And the more money, the more professional players can consider badminton in other countries. For example, some players ranked below 50 and that come from a non-traditional badminton country are struggling to make a living off of badminton.

So please don't be so short sighted. China pumping money into badminton is a good thing. We need more countries to spend more money on badminton. Ultimately, it benefits the players and in the long run, it benefits everyone in the badminton community.

Badofan, lodoss and Yoji like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.