String that has good replusion. I need quick replies!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BennDaVinci, May 17, 2019.

1. BennDaVinci

BennDaVinci Regular Member

I bought a DG10 about 1 month ago. i strung it with aerobite 32lbs and broken after 3 times of use. disappointed with the noise it makes. after that, strung it with Ashaway Zymax 64 TX was recommended by a youtuber. Strung 30 x 26lbs And broken after two times of use. Still disappointed with the noise. wanted to string this dg 10 with a string that makes a powerful smashing sound. i cant confirm wether 66um does the job previously i strung it with 26lbs wasnt that powerful enough. after the dg 10 i bought another racket. an astrox 68s. also known as a mid range made in taiwan 88s. i was disappointed after strung with Aerobite Boost 25x23lbs. Since my dg 10 strings was broken i have to find the perfect string for the 68s. i have two days left before i go to station and restring this racket.

2. BennDaVinci

i play usually once or twice a week (unless holiday i play like 3 times) so durability isnt a bad thing for me. and i smash very hard. i need a hitting sound and power string

#2 BennDaVinci, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  3. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Try aerosonic. If you break it, zymax 66 fire power.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

4. BennDaVinci

zymax 66 fire power isnt available. im not trying aerosonic. because i know i will break it after game lol. perhaps abit higher gauge?

#4 BennDaVinci, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  5. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Li ning no1 sounds good. 66UM makes a subtle "ting" sound compared. I am not aware of any yonex string that sounds as boomy as no1.

6. BennDaVinci

d
    does all tensions make this noise? or it has to be higher like 28lbs? well the stringing station has no lining no.1 so im screwed.

7. khoai

khoai Regular Member

For hitting sound, try BG85 or BG68Ti.

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Well, first of all, the probably matters less than the color of your shoelaces.

Then, what is a powerful sound? The thinner the strings, the more it will lean to a high pitched *ping*. Most important is a shuttle with thick, sturdy feathers, a fast swing and a clean hit.

The most impressive *BOOM* I got was with a very fast swing (light racket) and BG80 at around 28 lbs. It's not as high pitched as other strings, but maybe that's why I think it sounds more powerful. Aerobite sounds dull, most thin strings will sound thin, and G-Tone 5 is different.... marketing calls it metallic. I measured the frequencies it swings at and it has two clearly separated maxima, the second one being (if I remember correctly) between 2500 and 3000 Hz. It's mostly thickness, but BG80 and GT5 stand out in different ways.
    I have tried most other strings that have been mentioned, but don't really remember if they were special.

9. BennDaVinci

So what string do you recommend? I cant decide for myself.

10. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The one you enjoy playing with. I recommend to not care about the sound.

When you hit cleanly, every string will sound better than when you miss the sweetspot. The thinner the string and the higher the tension, the higher three frequency, the thinner the sound, but it's still nice. I've learned to like the sound of G-Tone 5, because I'm used to it, overall, I'd prefer BG80 and its more bass biased sounds, but that might be because I like that string.... but I don't think it's just me:
    I played with this light racket with BG80@28lbs in a 16 courts hall. I played a smash that ended the really and all the people who were playing on the other side of that hall were looking at us. That was funny.

With a Voltric 10 DG, it will be very very hard to get that swing speed needed for such a sound, but that doesn't matter, because the sound doesn't matter. It matters that you feel comfortable and confident using that string! String choice is very personal, but there's a lot of information and reviews around BC if you prefer reading to trying.

LenaicM likes this.
  11. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Why is it so important to use a string that makes a “powerful smashing sound” instead of a string that helps you get a more powerful smash regardless of the sound?

Correct me if I’m wrong but sound and power are not necessarily connected when it comes to badminton stringing right?

speCulatius likes this.
  12. BennDaVinci

Even i got the hang of the sweet spot. 32 and 30lbs strains my hand alot. Perhaps 28lbs could be better.

13. BennDaVinci

Well what strings has more power other than aerosonic and strings below bg 66

14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

You should adjust the string tension according to your technique, not to achieve the sound you like. ;)

speCulatius and LenaicM like this.
  15. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

You know bro, not being rude, but you're asking too much about everything and yet seems to be so undecided on everything, not to mention that you're so very particularly hang up with the sound rather that the playability of it.

Certain strings were recommended for you and you say it's not available, you'll break it easily, not good sounding enough, etc. In this case, the best way might be to try some of those recommended, then experiment on them tension wise. And just what the guys said, string choice is personal just like choosing an underwear

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

1st of, you said it broke after 3 use. What is 3? 3 match game, 3x playing schedule which mean 3 days or what? With that high tension like 32lbs, thin string would snap easier. Its a demanding string setup where you need to accuratly hit the sweetspot & not to mention power loss for its plank surface like.

2nd why would you bother with the sound? Your reasoning seems like you try high tension & many string just to gain some BOOM sound effect yet you ignoring your game performance. If you just care for the sound that much but less on the playability then what you need is a custom racket. What racket? A racket with a vibration sensor on the grommet that connect to a speaker for the sound with volume control & memory card for sound record you like.

Cheung, badmintony and LenaicM like this.
  17. BennDaVinci

Not a loud sound i prefer crippy noises. Does ting and ping noises.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Kizuna Z58

19. BennDaVinci

Yonex string?

20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

No. Kizuna string.