Xia Xuanze ( 夏煊泽 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by silvia, Aug 24, 2003.

1. event

event Regular Member

This doesn't make my facts wrong. Of the 15 wins by Li, Pi, Xu, Yao, and Wang, that was the one contributed by Li Li. According to my calculations, Li Li has one win and six losses combined in all her games against the top four Chinese women. I'm going only by IBF records, of course. Hence, taking her record away from the aggregate of 15-64, that left 14-59. IBF says Li Li is 1-1 versus Xie, 0-3 versus Gong, and 0-1 against the other two. You judge for yourself how telling these stats are. I hyperbolized in saying that they never win but then I recanted and produced the numbers which included Li Li's single victory.

My point was more that the overseas four (or over-border in the case of Wang) hardly ever topple the top four Chinese despite being ranked 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th in the world respectively.

As far as I know, no one has that kind of an upper hand on Xia Xuanze. Therefore he shouldn't be considered a spare tire or over the hill or whatever regardless of the chances he's missing as a member of the Chinese team.

2. silvia

silvia Regular Member

if he really come to sg to play even better...but still no matter where he played for, i will still support him.................

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i side with mag and event. You have to look after your career. I dont think it's a money grab move since he is still in badminton, a low $$ sport, and his move would help spread badminton around. If xia change career to say, a VP position that do nothing but as company marketing(outside badminton) tool, then u can say he did it for money.

4. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

yah.... a good player like him will be supported by us, no matter which country he represented...... :)

5. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    he really can speak fluent english? that's great!

6. economet

economet Regular Member

Xia's Debut in the German Bundesliga is official!

Xia Xuanze is now registered as a player in the German Bundesliga. The following is partly taken from the homepage of his new team EBT Berlin (http://www.ebt-badminton.de/) and partly my own analysis:

There are several reasons for his decision to play in Germany:

1. The season takes place only six or seven months (from Sep to Feb or Mar and one month Christmas break). So he can go back and train in Beijing during the off season.

2. The president of his new team EBT Berlin is a really good China expert in both business and badminton aspect. He wanted to hire Xia one year ago already. Further, Xia is a good friend of Conrad Hueckstaedt, a German player for EBT Berlin, who used to train in China and is able to speak Chinese very well. EBT Berlin has had a young Chinese player for the last two years whose name was Chuan Xuan, Shanghai.

3. The pay he will get is not that high in the comparison with the Indonesian, Korean or Japanese leagues, but still competitive and the highest in the German or other European leagues including the Danish. Xia's new employer is "Badminton-fanatic" and willing to pay a lot and eager to hold the German Championship Trophy next year (2005 Champion was my home team BC Beuel with Marc Zwiebler and Xie Yangchun).

4. His new team will support Xia in open tournaments across Europe even if the Chinese national squad excludes him. Xia will then start for his new team.

What a pity for the young Chinese player who represented EBT Berlin during the last couple of seasons.

From Bonn, Germany

#206 economet, Aug 14, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  7. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

serious??!! everything is finalized!! wow...

no matter what i'll always support him :D ...his my fav...hopefully can see him more often on tv again...the last time i saw him play (at least the last time the malaysian astro aired his match) was two years ago when he won the WC!!

good luck!

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This seems interesting. Do the Chinese team have some sort of contract with the players so that players cannot play under anotehr country for about 5 years after leaving China? Can't remember the details or where I read this so I could be wrong!!!

9. adelina76

adelina76 Regular Member

Solicitor
    I was just going to say perhaps due to his exclusion from the Chinese squad in the World Champs (i.e due to the limitation of each country being allowed only 3 reps from the top 20), he has decided to play for another country so he can feature in the next World Champs.

Adelina

10. economet

economet Regular Member

Hi, Cheung!

I didn't mean to say that Xia Xuanze is going to represent another country. Xia XZ doesn't want that probably. I saw several male Chinese players playing in Europe. And most of them didn't change their nationality. They are just like professional football players who belong to foreign football clubs but still represent their original countries in international events like FIFA World Cup.

So the possibility I mentioned in my previous post is just the participation of some Open tournaments like All England or German Open. Open Tournaments allow the registration of players who don't belong to a certain National Squad, and thus such players are able to start for their own clubs.

That means that Xia XZ is not going to play in evnts like Thomas Cup or WC if he isn't a member of his own national squad.

11. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

good for him

glad he got the chance, hope he makes out there.

12. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    due to the restriction of 3 players representing a country, i think it would be fair to play in another adopted country. this would greatly stir more interest in that country. this is a good image uplifting for the game of badminton.

13. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

well, i got the latest news that XXZ will attend Chinese National tournament first then decide whether go to germany club

14. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    i heard that too but is it cofirmed piece of news

15. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

hmm, the news is just writed by pressmen and published on the web, we get it but cant distinguish which one is true.

i got the news from a relative authoritative website but still not for sure
    so i think time will tell:p

16. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    hopefully this is true and xxz can really show that he still has what it takes to make it to the top. one last chance i guess to prove them wrong.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Many faces of Xia Xuanze

For Xia's fans. I'm sure many of us miss watching him play. Guess he must have gained some weight here during the interview.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      37.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      28.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      31.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      39.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      39.3 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  18. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    does he smoke?? his teeth looks abit yellow.. :D

19. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

i don't think he smokes
    if he does he can't be an athlete i think,, hehehe:p :D

20. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

when ardy came to canada his teeth were really yellow as well and ardy definately doesn't smoke! dentistry isn't as big in asia yet.