HELP! Is my 88D broken?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Velocity-XI, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Velocity-XI

Velocity-XI New Member

Student
    Hi all,
    I have an 88S and an 88D along with a Z force II and, when I hit with the 88D or ZfII, there is a high pitched buzzing noise coming from the racket, and none from the 88S, which I believe to be a broken grommet although all the grommets seem intact and no damage is seen. I hear and feel this excess buzzing through the handle and it is annoying, although I can deal with this, is there any way that this "broken grommet problem" for lack of a better term, will affect my racket's durability?

Is there any way I can replace the shared grommets, because they are flared at the ends and can't be put through the frame? Thank you in advance for your help.

2. holytoa

holytoa Regular Member

probably can get a warranty claim from yonex. bring it back to wherever you bought the racquet and get them to send it back to Yonex. should be able to claim manufacturing fault.

As for the grommet, most stringers should have a grommet gun that melts the grommets to make it flare. Not a hard job.

Velocity-XI and sunscreen like this.