Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Didnt watch the Final today.

Without Kevin, Li Liu will have been WR1 longer than they are. They will have been undisputed.

2. wade

wade Regular Member

Li/liu looked impressive against kamura/sonoda. it's a little bit funny that they won this malaysia s750 because in the first round it looks like they had some problem, there was no communication between them. regarding the number 1 spot, I personally don't really care as long as minions can get that WC title and winning some tournaments that they haven't won yet.

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, WC title and as long as they remain INA no.1 to qualify to Tokyo 2020.

wade likes this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

Look, the first statement from both sides are very similar. Could it be that your statement has been quoted, @yuquall?:D

5. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

HAhahah exact word by word. He/She copied me. If it weren't for the palms icon addition , I would sue that user :D:D:D:p

6. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Please don't :D she's probably one of the very few account on twitter that still talk about minions a lot, the other fan accounts are mostly talk about fajar/rian these days :D

7. minions

minions Regular Member

Eh, I didn't know that. I think minions are still being the subject of everyone's talk.

8. Master

Master Regular Member

yuquall likes this.
  9. wade

wade Regular Member

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I guess we can assume that 90% of hall will be slow. But it was supposed to be quite drifty in Singapore according to the commentators and the players who had trouble controlling the shuttles.
    Maybe that's why minions vs Fajar/Rian was 50-50? :p

CHN pairs and their power. Marcus should drink some growing potion.. lol

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The question is will Minions let LiLiu have the first seed for the Olympics? lol

that tongue in the cheek moments.

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Li/Liu isn't being consistent either with their performance. They lost R1 too in AE to He/Tan if I remember correctly.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That doesn't make sense. If you compare halls, its much more sensible to divide them ~50-50 into the slow and fast ones. Outliers are not a category in and of themselves - the Korea Open venue in 2010-2012, for example, was extremely slow, doesn't mean all others were fast venues just because they were faster than that...by the same token, 90% of venues aren't slow just because they're slower than Istora (or whatever the fastest venue is rn). We don't even have an objective measurement for shuttle speeds or objective testing, it's literally guys going out onto court and hitting the shuttles (one could easily manufacture a normed machine for that to ensure at least a lick of objectivity.....same as with the service height control, a controllable low energy laser would be much more objective)

Regarding the minions' troubles in slow conditions, I think they only need a few adjustments in their approach, they have all the weapon they need to still be formidable even in unfavorable conditions. Marcus needs to be more patient and think more about placement and angles when he notices he doesn't get through with his smashes - and I'm completely certain the coaching staff know that already. The question remains if he's able to apply it in practice, or if he's too much of a one-trick pony

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Okay maybe slow for minions then hahaha. Anyway they have been using slow shuttles more lately compared to 2017. Or just felt that way. MD clearing rallies can get pretty lame sometimes.

I realize that Marcus has been doing much less deceptive drop shots compared to a year or 2 years ago. He made quite a lot of points or weak replies from those. Recently all he had been doing was trying so hard to hit the shuttles down over and over whenever he got lifts. He gets caught up off balance many times after forcing a smash at the sides and the opponents just cross return it away from him. Should try to hit half-smashes or drop shots and to keep himself in balance most of the time so he can have time to react to any counter shots.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Minions match is scheduled tomorrow at 4 pm local time. Rare to have them on Day 1.
    But they are not on either court 1 or 2 .. we can only watch the live score. :(

16. Thunder Hand

17. Thunder Hand

He needs to learn from ahsan in this aspect.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

"Un Un Un Un-believable
    So near yet so far
    Please be my metal cable
    To my cable car

You blossom like a flower
    I so stunned like vegetable
    My girl~
    You are Un Un Un Un Un Un Un Un
    Unbelievable"

This song suddenly popped in my head. :D:D:D:D
    I can visualize the scene of a shy boy laughing sheepishly talking to a pretty girl... with this song playing in the background.

Joke aside, I hope minions do well this tournament. When they play Fajar/Rian who knows minions game inside out, maybe minions should try to not play like minions . Some things they don't usually do in practice.

19. wade

wade Regular Member

Maybe minions should watch their match from 2 years ago :cool:

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh yeah they didn't try that last time. Maybe they will.
    They tried that after losing to Kam/Son in the previous match.

I hope they won't waste GPs in G1 and end up losing it anymore if they can afford it.