Li Ning Turbocharging 70 or Nanoflare 700?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by movingbase, Apr 2, 2019.

?

Help me decide between either of these choices!

1. Li Ning Turbocharging 70!

65.6%
  2. Yonex Nanoflare 700!

28.1%
  3. None of these! Let me recommend you another!

6.3%
  1. movingbase

movingbase Regular Member

Hello guys,

I need some help to decide my next racket purchase and am torn between Li Ning Turbocharging 70 or Yonex's Nanoflare 700. I understand that both rackets are lightweight and suitable for double players (frontcourt).
    *Note: If not mistaken turbocharging 70 is similar to previous racket, N7(II) which Zhang Nan's using

My current playstyle:
    - Front court player
    - Favor towards net play, fast flat exchanges (drives)
    - More comfortable in defending
    - Have weak smash but still trying to improve this aspect

How often I play:
    - 2-3 sessions (non-competitive) max per week
    - intermediate casual player (~7 years of experience)

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks~!

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    At what cost?

I think the NF700 is pretty good, but I don't think it's twice the racket the N7 II (TC 70) is, so if costs twice as much... The N7 II is stiffer, a bit heavier overall, and has a smaller sweet spot. It's still a very fast racket with a good level of strength in it. NF700 is easier to use, in my opinion.

3. movingbase

Hi Charlie, thanks for responding, you're right, the TC70 is way more expensive than the NF700. The thing is that it is currently being sold with a good discount by one of the reputable retailers in my region, therefore this thread was born!:)
    I don't splurge too much on rackets (currently using Voltric 7 LD) until now, so I am determined not to have myself regret with either of these purchases.

Make no mistake that I am still fairly skeptical with the offer for the TC70, as I have often stopped by official Li Ning shops to check their racket prices. I believe It's appropriate to say that they hardly, if not ever, throw any discounts at their new line of racket products such as this one.

I've seen your reviews on the NF700 and am grateful that you've managed to share a huge bit of information on it - that's why I've shortlisted this racket among them for my next racket purchase (Thank you! :)).

The worrying part would be as you said, the sweet spot & weight of the racket for the TC70 as compared with the NF700, although it is being advertised as a light-weight racket?
    I am not fond of rackets being too heavy as I am a fairly underweight person, although one might argue that it mostly boils down to how good my technique is to use them.

Regardless, I take it that you are in favor of the NF700 over the TC70, despite factoring out the cost?

#3 movingbase, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  4. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

I dont know about turbocharging 70, but n7ii zhangnan/hendra is not lightweight, its 3u and stiff and a little bit heavy in the head, yes its a front court racket in the hand of zhang nan and hendra, zhang siwei also use n7ii and you can tell the character of the racket by his smash lol

On the other hand, nf700 is a 4u, medium flex, and head light...

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ likes this.
  5. movingbase

Hello there, didn't know that the TC70 isn't a lightweight racket, thanks for your pointers. On Li-Ning's brochure it says that it weights around 85-89 grams & has a balance point of 295mm? So this racket should be still even balanced, no?

I also read Charlie's review on the NF700 and I got the impression it is more towards the "medium-stiff" side of things despite that it's labelled as "flexible" in its official specs.

6. deepinthemusic

deepinthemusic Regular Member

Hello,

Dont know about tc70, but n7ii hendra/zhangnan slightly head heavy, i got one, also theres a thread here so you can check users review

About nf700 i havent touch/use one, only can tell by the spec

movingbase likes this.
  7. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    The TC70 / N7II (white) and also N7II Hendra S. Ltd (black) are 3U (87g). I own both. The are more even balanced.

TC 70 ZHANG NAN WORLD LIMITED (White/Blue) is 4U

movingbase likes this.
  8. movingbase

Now that's confusing.. this means that there's two versions of the TC70? I have always thought that Li-Ning only have 1 specific weight class for a model? The one which my retailer is selling looks to be the one in 3U.. not 4U..

9. tyler_durden

tyler_durden Regular Member

air humidifier
    I own only the white/gold and black/green.
    I saw e78.us shop offering TC70 Zhang Nan world Ltd white/blue and was scratching my head why it so expensive compared to the other models. Ih their shop it is listed as 4U.
    May be someone here owns it and can give well-founded information. Sorry for the confusion.

10. movingbase

Don't sweat it, thanks for letting me know!

11. Mr.Prince

Mr.Prince New Member

i bought the racket (TC70 Zhang Nan Limited) yesterday. it is 87g, which means 3U.

12. movingbase

Hello, thank you all for giving me advice on these rackets. I have decided to get the NF700. Cheers :)

13. alexnd2008

alexnd2008 Regular Member

they are totally different rackets.

tc70 is exactly the n7ii after the name change, quite stiff and 3u, balanced yet slightly headheavy. personally own tc70 and loved it.

nf700 is 4u or 5u, very headlight, the shaft and frame is quite flexible and elastic i would say, like it generates power quite easily. only tested the 4u version.

nf700 would be the easier racquet to use.