Badminton in Japan

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by gaDEfan, May 6, 2007.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

I wonder why top JPN players participate in NZ Open, Sudirman Cup is on the way.

2. 山口茜酱

山口茜酱 Regular Member

I think the WD sector, purely for hunting points.

For AY, she once said that this year she wanted to play in many competitions, to gain experience. she wanted to strengthen her mentality when competing. Maybe this is what she meant.

For the Sudirman Cup, the Double Sector will not have stamina problems. For singles, they still have MS1 and WS1 that don't compete in the NZ Open, so I think it's very safe right :D

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Maybe. JPN team is so strong that they can switch the players without losing any quality, except XD.

4. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

I think Tsuneyama may have broke through something after his experience with Cheam Jun Wei during Tong Yun Kai 2019. This is the first time I saw him pick up courage and fought from behind to catch up win 1 point at a time. Instead of becoming mentally blocked and make the rest of the match into a time to practice of his skills of "retrieving shots" he managed to play on with good enough variation.

Unfortunately, Sayaka Takahashi was making the same shots all the time and it became a very predictable pattern with not much variation.

5. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Tsuneyama managed to move up two places to world rank no. 13 due to his performance at this Asia Mixed Team tournament. He is now breathing down Nishimoto's neck, and has become a real threat as far as Tokyo 2020 is concerned.

As for national team B: Watanabe Koki's victory at the Orleans Masters resulted in a leap of fourteen places to rank no. 64. He is slowly but surely closing in on Igarashi Yu. I have an hunch that Watanabe and Koga Minoru will end upvying for Sakai's place on the A team, ... and also that it won't be long until Naraoka returns to national team B. The latter just won the 47th All Japan High School Student Championships this week; not only the MS, but also the MD, and team event... all three crowns.

Incidentally, Gunji Riko won the WS, ... while still in the first year of HS.

(Btw, I am in Kuala Lumpur at the moment on a business trip! :))

Michael V likes this.
  6. kurako

kurako Regular Member

[​IMG]

It looks as though Tago Kenichi has found a new outlet for his skills in In Kuala Lumpur. The Tago Academy Training Program!!! If anyone goes for classes, send some feedback, won't you. I wonder how much the program costs?

7. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ I haven't played badminton for years, now I want to come back and decided to buy 2 rackets:
    Astrox 99 (Momota) and Nanoray Z Speed (Nishimoto). But I didn't know the U and G index of their rackets, so, does anyone here know these thing ?

8. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

why would he open the academy in Malaysia and not in Japan?.... i'm confused....

9. kurako

kurako Regular Member

From a business perspective, it may well be difficult to make a profit in Japan. Tago still remains indefinitely de-registered from the NBA, which means that he is unable to participate in any NBA-related activities, be it taking part in tournaments, coaching, or leading workshops, etc.

Whilst this status wouldn't necessarily prevent Tago from opening a private school, the stigma attached to his name may render it difficult to attract students.

I am also presuming that he may have received some (financial/infrastructure) back-up from Malaysian acquaintances in establishing the academy there.

10. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

May be buying a racket according to a certain pro player isn't the best idea for many reasons including:
    - they sometime play another model with a paintjob
    - they might change racket anytime soon
    - the racket might not suit your level or style of play

Same goes with string tension. I find it pretty cool to buy a short/jersey kit of one's favourite player though. But that's pretty great to know you are wanting to play again after some years off the court though! :) How long did you play before taking a break?

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Thanks ^-^, I sometimes think of the first case that you said, players can use another model with a paintjob, but it's ok to me. I've never used Yonex in my life (from high school until now), so I want to have it. (whatever it is).

I haven't played badminton for 3 years (I've played badminton from high school (from 14 years old) and take many breaks (some years play, some years off)). String tension can be 24 lbs, just play for fun ^-^

#951 terrynguyen121988, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  12. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Plenty of great Yonex models to choose from especially in the Astrox range with all different kind of specs (and prices :p) in term of shaft flexibility and weight (all head heavy though except the Astrox 2 I believe which is even balanced).

Definitely! I use 23lbs at the moment.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  13. vinnino

vinnino Regular Member

14. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Imai's lawyer took the case to the Japan Sports Arbitration Authority (JSAA), which yesterday judged the NBA decision to indefinitely not recognise Imai's registration with the NBA to have been "too harsh" and "conspicuously lacking in reason". Whilst the JSAA criticised Imai's management of finances, it did not recognise intentional malpractice. Furthermore, the JSAA pointed out that, had the NBA ensured that prize-money was properly channelled to the players in the first place, then this incident could have been avoided. As such, the NBA's punishment of Imai has been annulled by this verdict and, simultaneously, Yoshitomi's deregistration has been revoked.

In a post-judgement interview, Imai commented that the NBA needs to reform its organisation and start afresh; the NBA, for its part, said that it would study the content of the judgement. I am presuming that the NBA will have only penalised Imai and Yoshitomi after consulting a lawyer; as such, there may be an appeal.

JSAA procedures and judgements should also be understood as separate from private cases; hence, the criminal charges brought against Imai and Yoshitomi by former Saishunkan employees are (theoretically) not affected by the decision.

----------

Two thoughts...
    1. We may henceforth see Imai accompanying Fukushima/Hirota to NBA-sponsored world tournaments; an irony, indeed!
    2. Should Tago have turned to the JSAA?

15. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Absolutely ludicrous. These two gangsters blackmailed coaches and "mishandled finances" (funny that), yet get off scot free after not even a year, while KM has to sit out an entire year (effectively two) for not harming anyone.

Michael V likes this.
  16. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, KM and Tago could have appealed to JSAA. But, they were fully accepted their mistakes.

On the other hand, Imai put the blame of NBA. I can imagine he will say to NBA like this. "If you send the prize money directly to the players, none of my scandals will ever happen". I had to accept that this statement has some kind of truth. However, the fact that he made such statement implies that he consciously EXPLOIT the hole in the NBA's rule and policy. Pity for NBA, being attacked from both Imai and JSAA.

17. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

Was hoping Imai would get some kind of punishment so he can just stay away from FukuHiro :mad: The guy is shady as hell.

18. minions

minions Regular Member

Right! Instead of acknowledging his mistakes, he blames NBA for the policy hole that allows him to corrupt the prize money. What an unashamed guy. Most Japanese people won't resort to such tactic.

19. 山口茜酱

山口茜酱 Regular Member

FukuHiro is really stupid, moving to a club that doesn't have quality, for the sake of Imai who is already clear rather than a good person like they have known so far. And Imai is also really shameless talking like that. I hope the NBA will certainly not allow him to accompany FukuHiro in international matches.

WD Japan's competition is very hard. I would not be surprised if in the end they did not reach Tokyo2020. TakaMatsu still has the desire for the second medal and NagaMatsu is also currently playing well.

maybe other WDs will also try to steal this rare opportunity? who knows

20. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

To be fair to FukuHiro, Imai has been with them ever since the beginning. They must've joined Gifu because of loyalty to him, nothing else. I can understand their decision. Imai clearly acts like an outstanding person infront of them while doing shady stuff behind the scenes. I'd be really surprised if coach Park will allow Imai to show his face in any international competition.