Xia Xuanze ( 夏煊泽 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by silvia, Aug 24, 2003.

1. jbizzle

jbizzle Regular Member

It'll be good to see him back in action...I guess that's the main point. If China doesn't want an awesome player like him, fine, it's their loss.

Cheers.

2. täby_swe

täby_swe Regular Member

No, he should come to Sweden :)
    Last week a new chinese girl came to our club. she's 18 years old and she is ranked 15 in China's senior rankings. I practice with her.
    And last year Zhang Yi came from China too. He's my coach.
    Xia could've become friends with them :D

Actually many players from other countries are coming to play for swedish clubs from Asia. I guess that is getting more and more common in european countries

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There are people who do want to help raise the standard of badminton in other countries. Obviously, Xia feels this is the best way for him to make his unselfish contribution to badminton, to be soms kind of catalyst in Germany. Going to countries that are already strong in the game will be less noble, don't you agree?

4. event

event Regular Member

Wasting his talent? What do you call a defending World Champion with a proven talent for coming up with big wins - as opposed to only excelling in 2nd-tier tournaments like, say, Chen Hong - being left at home for the Olympics, Sudirman Cup, and World Championships all within 12 months? That's a waste!

This is nothing like the defections of Pi Hongyan, Yao Jie, Xu Huaiwen, Li Li and Wang Chen. In the case of those players, they were only ever 2nd-tier. They only win when the (still-)Chinese players don't show up. For all intents and purposes, none of them EVER beat Xie, Zhang, Zhou or Gong. I'm sure you can count the exceptions to that rule on one hand. Okay, I did the math and the five "foreigners" are 15-65 against the four Chinese. It only changes to 14-59 if you don't count Li Li because she's not in the top 10.

Xia Xuanze, by contrast, is a proven champion. Moreover, the only current top 10 players against whom he has a losing record are Taufik(2-3) and Chen Hong(1-2). Against everyone else, he is ahead or dead even except Wong Choonghan, whom he has schooled 8 times without a loss!

Enjoy Europe, Xia!

5. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    i can't believe,i really feel sad,don't know why........:(
    but if it's really xia's decision, i will support him wherever he may be..........

6. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

i think i understand your feeling...
    as a fan, support his decision is only we can do and we should do

care the latest news...

7. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    If it is true, then it can only be seen as a good decision, for fans, Europeans and himself.

It looks like he still has much to give, but he is not getting a chance to as the 4th ranked player at home.

8. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    I hope XXZ will be able to help bring up the standards for German players and eventually European players.

9. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Pi hongyan beat Xie, Zhou, Zhang and Gong !! I don't think that it's like you call "defection" !! as you're not those players and you don't know why they did that, don't insult their love for badminton !! :mad: :mad:

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I find it quite strange that someone so seemingly loyal to the team has(?) left to another country. Like event says this is much different to other chinese defections in that Xia was a top player, all the others were never going to cut it.

Waiting for Kwuns reaction:)

11. event

event Regular Member

I'm not trying to insult anyone. You are correct in that I should not have used the outdated word "defections" and I had intended to put it in quotation marks. You are also correct in that I don't know why they chose to go abroad.

I do, however, often hear, and I think it is a reasonable assumption, that the five players I mentioned chose to go abroad to avoid being passed over for national squads or eliminated from eligibility to big tournaments because of the number of stronger players from their nation ahead of them in the rankings. My point was simply that their results have not yet contradicted this assumption. I dont' blame them for that decision regardless of the reason and I would love to see someone like Pi Hongyan take a big title from the top Chinese players. She hasn't done it yet. By the way, I am only going by the IBF website that has her 0-2, 1-7, 1-4, and 1-2 against Gong Ruina, Zhang Ning, Xie Xingfang, and Zhou Mi respectively. If you know of an omission of a record of Pi beating Gong, please post it.

My point was simply that one should not make the same assumptions about Xia. His rankings have fallen but that is mostly because he hasn't been playing. I don't believe he is over the hill or unable to make the grade. Left out of the Olympics and Sudirman Cup and now the Worlds? Wasn't Hendrawan offered a special pass in 2003 despite not being in the top 100? I just think that if Xia were to play outside of China, he might make you wonder why they let him go.

As for Pi Hongyan, I'll be applauding if she beats the big three next week, too. I like Zhang Ning, too, but I always cheer more loudly for the shorter players.

12. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    When people (voluntarily) move to another country, it is usually for two reasons: love or money.

We really don't know why Xia decides to move to Germany, and maybe we never will. Maybe it hurt the ego of a World Champ to play 2nd (well 4th really) stringer. Maybe he is in conflict with Li YongBo. Or maybe, nearing the end of his career, he thinks this is a good way to wind down? Financially it is probably not a bad idea to go to Germany. There is actually some money in the German Bundesliga for the best players, and Xia will be the best there. And perhaps he will also take the opportunity of furthering his education, to make sure he gets a life after badminton? Or -- who knows -- maybe love is in he air? ;)

Whatever his reasons are, they are his own and should be respected. Talking about "wasting talent" is plain silly. Instead we should wish Xia good luck in his new home!

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Exactly, there is money in germany. Education also good point and to add maybe he wants to control his own career now instead of being in "the system" in China. Where Chen Hong imho is a prototype of the system and Lin Dan is the advanced newer model from what I know XXZ is just a different person maybe better suited outside the sytem after so many years.

14. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

XXz moves to Germany should be good for badminton.It's not a loss to China.His move would definitely help to raise the standard of the game in Europe too.The most important thing is the game will be become more exciting with him representing Germany one day.Let's be more open minded.Life goes on.:)

15. ying ying

ying ying Regular Member

Really? Xuanze's going to Germany? hmm... I was wondering why he would want to go there.. I dont know why but I felt sad because he left.. :( Maybe its because I felt that he was very loyal to the China team and he just suddenly left like that.. I am not saying that he is disloyal.. but ... i just don't know how to explain:confused:

Well.. maybe its for his own good.. :eek: I certainly hope his result will become top again..;)

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    He is leaving because there is no future for a spare tire in China. But his departure is good for the game of badminton-it will spark some sort of interest, as well as improve standards, in another part of the world. Isn't this what we all want-for badminton to spread far and wide?

17. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    excuse me Li Li beat Xie Xing Fang in the malaysia open i think you got your facts wrong for this

18. shawn30_k

shawn30_k Regular Member

student
    why dont he move to singapore.in that casse ronald and kendricks can have a world class sparring partner.and maybe we can have a better and more experiece mentor.anyway he is only as young as ronald i believe.

19. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

huh? :confused:

i thought Xuanze is so patriotic that he wont leave China........
    or at least he will go to some chinese country.....
    i think he should come Singapore........ hehehe :p

ermm..... if he really goes to Germany....... maybe the next time we see him.... he can speak fluent English or even German already :p

20. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

i know he can speak fluent english...
    no need for next time;)