Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

There is nothing BWF can sell in MD without minions. WD and XD is pretty much nonexistant in my books and MS though is more competitive but without LCW and LD, still missing the global stars.

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well because so far they had won all their matches?:p But the criticisms had always been there not condemnation. And Marcus' physical condition is what it is, getting slower, heavier footwork etc. Hoping he could find some ways to deal with that, rather than forcing his smashes down which don't really work and hurting his neck or shoulder, maybe he could try something different?

Yeah we can't do much about the draw, but my problem is more because I am rooting for both and didn't want to see either of them to lose in R1:(

3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

4. Dragon88

Dragon88 Regular Member

5. Thunder Hand

Thunder Hand Regular Member

Watching how fajarrian choke at the end, just make me realize how mentally tough minions back then. I still couldn't forget that win against chai/hong at china open 2016 and against mads duo at the all england 2017.

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Though it is disappointing that minions lost in R1 and failed to make a hat trick this time, but it is rather nice that the title went to Ahsan/Hendra.

They say no pair ever won both AE and WC in the same year since Cai/Fu in 2009. So who knows? *starry eyes*
    But their will play in Malaysia Open first next month. Hopefully they will be more prepared this time.

7. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

8. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Fajar/Rian were in the same half with minions in AE too or many tournaments before but at least not until SF.

Look at the draw, Inoue/Kaneko vs Ivanov/Sovanov. They just faced each other in in R1 in AE. Hoki/Kobayashi will face another JPN pair in R1, it's Endo/Watanabe this time.
    Same players drawn to the same half/quarter. Very "random".

Anyway, minions will play the new TPE pair Lee/Wang in R1. Fajar/Rian will play another INA pair Angga/Ricky.

9. twawawau

twawawau Regular Member

Hope Fajar/Rian can maintain their stamina since it's going to be hectic schedule since March, after AE, Swiss Open, Tong Yunkai Cup (19-24mar) then continue Malaysia Open 1-7Apr ....

10. wade

wade Regular Member

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

After losing in R1 in AE? I don't think so haha minions will not go easy on anyone.

Oh and they lost miserably in the QF last year here. I bet they want to win this so bad.

wade likes this.
  12. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

The fact that minions have more titles than defeat over the last 3 years is amazing in itself. Dont think any pair able to do that at any given (one) year other than Lee/Yoo.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Isnt this the 4th time in a row Daddies have been drawn with Li/Liu. Reminds me of ConradKolding being drawn in same Quarter with Boe/Moe 6x in a row in mid 2017 onwardswhich is the beginning of what undid them.

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

twawawau likes this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

People are praising Hendra like he is god..

Never see people praise Kevin despite losing to him 7-9 times. Other than Inoue who took pics with him , others are just a jealoust specimens . I know there are many players same age like Kevin. When you pit 2 men against 2, ego is just too high plus the same age.

Never see people praise Kevin even though he can win what Hendra won in his entire career in 2 years.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Huh? Maybe people will start praising Kevin years later after he had won Olympics and WC Gold with different partners.

Oh sorry I meant, of course everyone is jealous of him. Why else? :rolleyes:

twawawau, j4ckie and wade like this.
  17. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

How many WC medal that KSS have ?

18. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yes, everyone is jealous of him. that is true.

and yeah, maybe will start praising him after he won OG and WC but in terms of titles, he already achieve much more than Hendra even before 24 that imo, it renders OG/WC useless. Still think at this stage, he is already better than Hendra. Corporation looking at players love the consistency of players. PVS doesnt win anything but got contracts like heaven.

People here area already saying JC can only win AG but we knew after that, he cant win anything. Thats the problem of winning only that special title,imo. This is huge pressure too. Maybe inside his heart its better than he didnt win the AG or the WC (for other players) Its just a burden. Whats the point being bullied over and over again.

Gotta admit Kevin is arrogant type but gotta say girls like him more.

#3158 Yoji, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

0 but he has 20 titles. If WC is the consideration, then why players are jealous of him? Must be because he is rich..

20. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, you know, everyone has called Hendra as God way before this AE. Many peoples call him as God Hendra years ago.

Kevin hasn't won WC yet. Let him win one or two WC titles (yes, titles, not just any medals), and then he can be comparable with MD greats.