Nanogy 99 Lack of Colorways and Other String Alternatives

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Jiang Tang, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Jiang Tang

Jiang Tang New Member

I've currently been using Nanogy 99 for about a year and a half, I'm still flustered as to how there are no other colours for these strings while the Nanogy 98 has a rainbow of colours. I have in the past used Nanogy 98, and BG 65Ti's in my badminton rackets, but they have not felt as good as Nanogy 99 to me. Other people with more stringing experience than me, please recommend me some good alternatives to Nanogy 99's.

Attached Files:

#1 Jiang Tang, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

If you choose the sting by it's (rainbow) color, go for these.
    DSC00935.JPG
    But I do have a serious suggestion as well. I just suggested someone who plays Nanogy 99 to try Gosen G-Tone 5 or 9, because it was urgent and NBG99 wasn't available. He chose 5 and is really happy with it, both are available in some nice colors. I haven't played 99 in a long time, so sorry that I cannot directly compare them.

3. Jiang Tang

Jiang Tang New Member

Sorry I messed up on my English in the first post, I meant that the nanogy 98 had a lot of different colours. The Gosen strings you recommend looks like a very good choice. I think I might order a pack to try on one of my other rackets. Thanks!

4. Kento

Kento Regular Member

Hmm...

At last, someone after my own taste...

I love having a choice of colours to string my racquets with and if that choice is limited for any reason then I do feel frustrated.

I am currently having my Yonex Voltric 7 DG re-strung with Yonex BG66 Ultimax string but have opted for the light green variety that I have purchased online as opposed to the mundane white being offered by my stringer.

I have an ambition of buying as many as x10 of each racquet model that I own, all re-strung using different coloured strings of different types and all at the same tension. In this way, I could use each one turn by turn until I was able to settle upon the right combination for my game.
    Once that happened, I could then re-string the others with the same type of string but retain the variety of colours possible for it.