Best shoes for heavy player

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by BadminFinn, Jan 29, 2019.

1. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

i've always found yonex shoes fit best for my foot, but because i'm heavy, the damping properties of cushion is gone really soon, causin achilles pain and calf problems..
    so, which shoe would give best damping properties and maybe last a litlle longer than 3 months? Is new Yonex ECLIPSION any good? Or Aerus3? Is Aerus3 availeble with wide fit like Eclipsion does? Or maybe some other brand?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Some heavy players have been known to wear basketball shoes for cushioning that lasts longer.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

3. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

Once my achilles was so bad, i actually tried basketball shoes but it took so much speed and movement away from my game that it was impossible to use them. So high quality badminton shoes only.

4. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

5. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

6. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

I'm gonna try these. Is black option always narrow or is there wide version too? How i know which is wide?

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  8. BadminFinn

BadminFinn New Member

9. visor

visor Regular Member

JP code only. Means only in Japan. You'd have to order from Shuttle House. com

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

10. khoai

khoai Regular Member

11. SimplyDex

SimplyDex Regular Member

Has anybody tried the wide version of the Yonex Power Cushion Comfort Z? If so, do you wear it same size as your regular shoes to go up?

12. zoltan

zoltan New Member

Have you tried replacing the insoles?

13. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I wear a 25.5cm dress shoe, and a 26.5cm badminton/trainer. My two badminton shoes (alternating use) are the Comfort Z and 03Z.

14. Obito

Obito Regular Member

Asics is well known as one of the best support and cushion. I've seen a lot of heavy players use it.

15. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I'm 205lbs and my feet have caused me issues for years for multiple reasons. I generally get six months out of a shoe before the cushioning wears out and replacing the insoles generally doesn't help extend the life of the shoe for very long. I purchased a pair of Power Cushion Comfort Z shoes exactly a year ago and they have been the most comfortable shoe I have worn in a long time and they still have life lift in them. For me I found the size to be the same as other court shoes I have worn (Adidas, Yonex, Mizuno). If you're a larger person or have tender feet these shoes may be for you. In regards to width I don't need wide shoes so for me the normal width was fine. I do not feel the normal width to be narrow.

Saru, thyrif and visor like this.
  16. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

I can not comment on the heavy part, but I do wear down shoes quickly because of immense stress on my shoes from explosive split steps and high jumps. But perhaps some of it is helpful anyways.

I wear down shoes quite quickly and have found that really good after market insoles greatly improve the life of my shoes. I've got Sidas 3feet something with their own heel cup for more damping and more sideways support and works great. The insoles last about half a season and the shoes almost a season now. This is with the sturdiest shoes I could find that fit me well, 03Z. But looking to find the new 65Z and hoping they'll fit well to try as well.
    I have tried asics and a less expensive babolat but they didn't offer the support I need and tore some fabric on babolat as well.

At the end of the day, putting much stress on the shoe from weight or power will wear the construction of the shoe down, no going around it. But perhaps adding more damping will lessen the impact on the shoes sole a bit to make it last longer.

17. CitizenErased

CitizenErased Regular Member

Should looking for a parir of sc6.

18. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Noone has suggested Victor P8510 yet? I had lots of knee issue and my ankle used to roll easy, and I am quite big, as you can see from my photo (lol).

https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/victor-p8510.178567/#post-2692410

And it comes in pretty pretty black! :p

I have been using it extensively over the past 6 months, no issue with durability and I think it can go for even another 6-12 months.

If you have issue with U shape shoes, you can try the V shape one from the same Victor support range, the P9200, or the ones that just came out this year: P9200FL and P9210, also available in black and I am sure it has all the tech from P8510 and more.

#18 justplaynow77, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    TongYunLo likes this.