Li-ning China version vs international

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by HyperJun, Jan 6, 2019.

1. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Hi Guys.

Does anyone know the difference between the lining China version rackets vs the international version?
    I cant seem to find much information on this and I have noticed the China version seems to be costing about 30-50% more than the international version. Li-ning has said it's a different standard.... so does this mean it's like the jp coded yonex rackets?

Is there a way to check if your rackets a china version?

That is in advance. Would love to hear if there's any difference.

2. Jx_G

Jx_G Regular Member

It's a interesting question, could you please list some example? In China, some Chinese people actually like international version better because they think the colour of international versions are more beautiful. I roughly remember the racket they talked about is called RZ98, which is not normally available in China. People say RZ98 is a slightly lighter version of N802, also it is a 76-hole racket instead of 72.

3. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

China version is a racket that's sold in China only. They are both the same racket but I'm pretty sure it's made to a different standard.
    The rz98 is not a China version racket. Its a international version India exclusive model. Rz98 is a completely different racket.
    What I'm talking about is 2 exact same racket made from different factory/country. For example, lining turbocharging n9ii from China vs n9ii from another country.
    If you check the price from https://www.shopnings.com the website sells China version and is far more expensive than the international version. Also I've had a few friends go to China retail stores and he prices are roughly the same $300-400aud/racket.

4. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

I've just purchased 2 China version turbocharging 70. I'll see whats the difference. Hopefully i didnt blow a huge amount of money on rackets that has no difference.
    Should be in late next week. Purchased 2 to see if there's a higher quality control.

5. Jx_G

Jx_G Regular Member

I did not find some racket which specially indicated as “China Version” on your website, I am using mobile phone, probably the layout of this webpage is different. I have check the price of rackets on this website, and I can confirm that they are more expensive than Chinese market. If the Chinese retail you friend went to was not online, it is true that your friend may find some ridiculous price. In China, we normally do not buy rackets from local store. Recently I purchased one WS72 and one 900B in China via Li-Ning official online store, the price was about 76AUD and 190AUD respectively, which was far less expensive than the website you provided.
    I live in UK, actually Li-Ning rackets here have almost the same price as this website, which are ridiculous, for example, WS72 in UK is 139.9GBP, which is about 247AUD! That is why I bought Li-Ning rackets from China.
    If you have solid evidence that the Chinese version you get is definitely better than international version, I think you may happen to have a CP version Li-Ning racket, that’s is for Chinese National team only, which should not be available in public, but recent month, many of them appeared in the non-official market, some one sawed one and found it is really better than normal version. However, I do not think they will appear in Australian market because they are theoretically illegal.
    By the way, the CP version has a printed stamp on the cone above the grip shows “中国李宁”. Hope that will help.

Okaharu likes this.
  6. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

The website listed above is all china version rackets. You can chat with the sales team there and they can confirm its all china version. They said its a different standard compared to the international version but wouldn't go into details on what's the difference in the standard. I got a feeling its like the JP coded yonex rackets, just a higher QC.

As for the prices, what I can get here in Australia are all international version lining rackets and the prices are the same as the UK. most of them between $220-280Aud. 900B here is $242aud excludes shipping and strings. Since I live in perth, theres hardly any local store that would sell Lining rackets. Have to purchase from the eastern states.
    What online store did you purchase from? Those prices to me are on the cheap side already.

7. Jx_G

Jx_G Regular Member

I personally will not believe what this sales team say. But I checked the price via my computer again, I found the price on your website is not bad as shop outside of China. The price on this website is roughly 5% more expensive than the price in China without discount. However, people like me have rackets to play with, so we only buy rackets when they have huge discount online. And this habit is not special, it is quite common, which means the price with discount should be the real price of Li-Ning rackets in China.
    Also, as what you said, the website you provided me sells China version only, and they are more expensive compared to other Australian shops, so what is the price in other cheaper shops?
    I also did some search about international version of Li-Ning rackets, some of them do have different colour, you may right, but there was no feedback about the difference of international version.

8. SetAround

SetAround Regular Member

I asked my coach who runs a badminton shop in Taiwan who get their stuff directly from Lining about this and he told me that there are no differences between a so called "international" and "china version". However, he also said that it could be there are differences between consumer rackets and rackets made for the national team. But even then, that is common practice for every company, so...

I honestly think spreading false myths like this is not a good thing! It just confuses newcomers and new readers who stumble upon this thread.

Saru likes this.
  9. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

I'm not spreading myths. If you read my first comment, I'm asking what's the difference? If there's no difference, than why do people pay a 30% premium for the same racket.

This is one of the stores I mostly buy from. For Yonex, JP coded does have a significant price increase but they are still considered the same racket. 30% price difference.
    Yonex Astrox 88d
    https://www.calibreaustralia.com/ba...rung-p-1371?osCsid=akhvl9gecv2n3aot7pmn5ibso0

Yonex Astrox 88d Japan Version.
    https://www.calibreaustralia.com/ba...rung-p-1381?osCsid=akhvl9gecv2n3aot7pmn5ibso0

I am wondering if Li-Ning does the same thing with China version vs the international version. Surely, a 30% increase will result in something different. Better Quality control? Premium material???.... im just asking to see if anyone knows.
    There could very well be no difference like what your coach said.

I'm not surprised its higher, its direct from li-ning. But if you consider this price vs international version. Its still a significant increase in price.
    Heres some prices on LiNing rackets here in Australia, Prices are in AUD, compared to the previous website where the prices are in USD.
    https://www.calibreaustralia.com/ba...=15&sort=2a&osCsid=akhvl9gecv2n3aot7pmn5ibso0

10. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

My new Turbocharging 70 China version has arrived today.

I have been taking a look at some other threads online,
    https://www.badmintoncentral.com/fo...sp-jp-us-cd-uk-yonex-country-code.7724/page-3
    according to Okaharu he said
    "all I can tell you is that top-end li ning racquets have a 'Chinese National Team' edition and this is marked by the emblem on the cone"
    [​IMG]

Comparing the rackets I just received, it does have the same emblem on the racket.
    I have the N9ii FHF international edition, and taking a look at the picture posted by Okaharu, it looks like there is a difference between these rackets.
    upload_2019-1-16_12-21-51.png upload_2019-1-16_12-22-26.png

Can anyone shed more light on this? Or know whats the difference between the racket standards?

11. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Clarification:
    CP ver - Products LN supply specifically for the Chinese National Team that (for obvious reasons we will not delve into) get leaked to general public. These have the Chinese character emblem and are sold for a much more premium price.
    Chinese ver - Products LN supply to the Chinese Domestic Market. These do not have the Chinese character emblem.
    International ver - Products LN supply to the International Market.

FHF n9ii and ZN n7ii are an exception to this rule as they are not CP racquets but bare the emblem. Design choice for limited edition racquet.

I've played with Chinese ver and International ver and could not discern any notable difference.
    Any difference between these versions (if present) would solely be within ordinary QC variation standards.
    In my honest opinion, don't bother paying a premium for Chinese ver over International ver.

swsh and s_mair like this.
  12. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Thanks for that clarification.
    Any way to tell if a racket is Chinese ver compared to international?

13. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

Its been awhile since I last updated this.
    Since i purchase of the Turbo Charging 70 China edition (purchased 2. Both felt exactly the same - based on overall weight and head weight, don't have a accurate scale to measure this) I have noticed a few minor differences between china edition and international edition.
    Please note this is my opinion and can very well be the QC variation standard.

I am comparing between the Turbo Charging N7ii Hendra and white/Gold (International edition) vs the Turbo Charging 70 (china edition), supposedly the 70 is supposed to be a repaint of the n7ii. I also have the N7ii pink, but the pink balance point is lower than the other 2, looking at the catalogue, it does say the pink N7ii is similar to the Turbo Charging 70b. So I will not be comparing the pink version to this.

The Turbo charging 70 ended up to be heavier (probably 2g heavier) and marginally more head heavy than the N7ii, Possible QC. With this increase in weight and head weight, I can actually use this racket for singles and doubles. My go to racket currently is 3d 900 for singles and N7ii for doubles.

Comparing the 70 to N7ii.
    Power: 70>N7ii (possible due to the 70 being heavier and more head weight - QC)
    Speed: N7ii>70 (possible due to the N7ii being lighter - QC)
    Control: 70>N7ii
    Quality: 70>N7ii

The control and quality is where I have noticed the main difference between china and the international. When you hit the shuttle, even on the non sweat spot, the strings was evenly spread. You can feel the power transferred from the racket to the shuttle is always the same (based on where you hit). More info on this below

Quality: material felt stronger than all my N7ii. I string my own racket and stringing the 70 felt stronger, less compression compared to the N7ii using the same tension and string.

Now where I have noticed the biggest difference is the line-up of the grommet holes. Pictures attached (Green racket is the n7ii, white-blue 70)
    Stringing the N7ii and any other racket I have strung, my clamps would be pressed up against the strings, especially around the corners of the racket. Sometimes I have to move the strings a bit to the left or right to get the stringing clamps in position to lock.
    The 70. Not a single spot on the racket where I had to move the strings out of place. The position of the grommets are so in line that every spot on the racket was identical. The 2 and 10oclock position of the racket tends to be the tightest of space when clamping, but my clamps still moved into position with no pressure on the strings. Other spots on the racket had a small clearance between each of the clamps teeth.
    Amazing accuracy on how they produced this racket. Certainly a higher standard racket.
    I think this is what caused the better control when using the racket, the amount of strings impacting the shuttle is always the same making the power delivered to the shuttle better. This is a marginal difference, not a huge difference, nonetheless its still a improvement to me.

In terms of price. I don't think its worth paying a huge amount more for the china versions. there's just not enough benefits to warrant paying a huge amount more for it. I would say a $20-30usd increase would be all I would pay. Just for the better quality (most likely it will withstand a harder racket clash)

This is my personal opinion.

Attached Files:

14. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

The reason why there is a 30-50% more increase in price is because they have to pay extra to get a racket.

Assume that every single country sells racket N for 150$. Getting it sourced locally for 100$, they could earn 50% by selling it for 150$.
    But if you’re getting it from China, you probably pay the “market price” over there, which is 150$. In order to profit 50%, you would sell it for 225$. You get the point.
    Don’t fall for the sale person although they kinda devoted their life towards sale and want you to believe it, sorry!

CP versions racket “shouldn’t” be sold, but if shop got their hands of it, they can sell at whatever price they want, just like TWP and MYP rackets for Victor.

The 30-50% price hike also means that they’re currently earning that much out of each racket. Just sayin’, and think about it, wink.

There are a few rackets you can’t find in your region due to LN marketing like C900i or TB75EX that is widely available in SEA, it’s just not distributed there, maybe bias?, so just suck it up. Pay that extra international postage or duty if you want it.

RZ98 that is mentioned earlier is a cheaper option that caters to SEA market like India and Malaysia where consumer have a minimum wage of less than 5USD/hr, and have to work for long time to buy a N80ii.

To make it clear, you cannot compare N7ii with the new TB70, it’s slightly different I would say. For a fair comparison, at least compare between a racket having the same name and color scheme.

One of the reason why JP are much more expensive is also because of their economic there, it’s their market price. It’s just like comparing Yonex prices in Europe and SEA, any SEAsians would be like amazed when they see how much are each racket priced in USA, again, economics. Too many flaws in the comments, just wanna point out, peace out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Babar likes this.
  15. HyperJun

HyperJun Regular Member

That certainly is true, but I don't think that will increase the price by 50% more.
    Yes, I could very well be forking out more for the same racket but this is to test if there is a difference.

Also, There could very well be a difference. Yonex does similar things as this, a Astrox 99 cost approx. $220aud here, but the JP version of the Astrox 99 cost $340aud from the same store. Theres heaps of discussions on the difference between JP and other coded rackets.
    We wont know for sure unless you try it yourself.