is this a good machine for badminton stringing ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by flyingcords, Dec 27, 2018.

1. flyingcords

flyingcords Regular Member

2. flyingcords

It seems disturbing for me to string with only one fixed clamp, for the mains, how do you process ? Do you use a flying clamps too ? Is is it even tensioning using a fixed for one side a flying clamp for the other during stringing the mains alternatively ?

3. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    Aren't Babolat machine mostly made for tennis?

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Definitely an old-school tennis machine. And I would say one of the really expensive ones at its prime.
    I love that integrated tube monitor with the microswitch keyboard.

What I don't get at all is the clamp base mechanism. Is it supposed to fix the base with a magnet? Anyway, I'm sure it misses the second clamp and base. Even tennis rackets need two of them to get strung properly.

5. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

This is an decent old-school badass retro cool machine! But I think there are some questions you need to figure out for yourself before you will use it for badminton stringing.

Check if it has moveble towers, because that current distance is not suitable for badminton rackets. If not back away.

Can you still get the another old second sensor base. I think this machine is from the early 90ies. If not back away.

Do you know anyone that can give the machine a decent service.

Also need clamps for badminton.

What is your deal, will you have to buy it or some how inherit? I think the machine is so cool in retro aspect, but to old for spending money on it!

s_mair likes this.
  6. flyingcords

The deal is 250€, but I'm not going to buy it, I was just curious about the single base and single clamp. And I'm curious about the keyboard too, what is it for ?? And another question : are those old motor stringing device interesting to use as a spare part ? If you buy an old professional machine for cheap, could you adapt the electronic tension head to another machine (P's P for example) ?

7. Stein_r

Stein_r Regular Member

employee
    The machine includes a kind of small database, where you can register the information of a custumer.

8. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

The easiest way I think to get this machine in employment again is to change the turntable to a manual one and use the tensioner and computersystem as it is.

9. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

We used to string tennis not starting from the middle. Start from the side.

Look at the Babolat sensor expert. You can see some machine still have that kind of mechanism. Wonder how it works... Because it swivel clamp but no lever to lock the base...

I think that machine can string badminton but you need different adapter for badminton just like now. Babolat machine needs different accessories for badminton.

#9 fanfaron, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    s_mair likes this.
  10. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

I google around a bit and found that they still produce machine with one clamp. Check the Babolat sensor monopince. Honestly if you're are not far check the machine out and if everything works just buy it. Such a nice machine. You will need the badminton adapter. I think you need a different clamp too.

11. flyingcords

Sadly, I'm way too far from the machine (600 km). But I would love to find one nearer and cheaper just to try to adapt it. For bad.
    Compared to a wise tennishead are these kinds of motor as good, less good, better ?

12. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

I don't have one but I read good thing about them.

Tecnifibre is great too.
    Tennisman have great machine. If you string for others people it will pay by itself. Also less troubles.
    You see if you get a Babolat and buy the adapter. You have to add 200euro??? I don't know. You can get a new drop weight at this price.

Which part of France are you?

13. flyingcords

I would probably try to adapt my pro's pro challenger to it, so no money to add. I live in Strasbourg.